“Too Long to wait”

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Watton
essex
“Too Long to wait”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

They now open on a Sunday, went in and had to wait a long time around 15mins had nothing cooked not even the chips, when I got my fish, I had asked for a large piece of fish which I had paid for it was tiny I thought it was a rip off, and would not be going back plenty of choice on fish and chips in Watton Town.

Visited December 2011

England
“not bad”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

it was not bad but my chips we slightly burnt but my sausage in batter was alright.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank TeddyBearGirl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tasting fresh fish”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Great food! Friendly staff, just a shame Gary is an Ipswich Supporter! lol.

1 Thank Jant8
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Where do I start?
Well I have know Lil Gary for many years and he always comes up with the Goods!

I can recommend the "whale" and chips

Seriously if you want a no frills feed just good honest tradional good food then this is the place to go!

If I get a take a way then the Batter is still crisp even after 20 mins travel and is still pipping hot!!

I recommend the Haddock especially Large which is always de boned and hangs over the plate and they are big plates at that!

Keep up the good work m8

See you during week!

• Visited June 2011
Halesowen, England
“Nice fish - shame about the new potatoes/chips”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had take away one evening. There was a notice that they were frying new potatoes - not the restaurants fault - a summer thing.

All 4 fish (2 haddock and 2 cod) were very good - large pieces of haddock and good sized pieces of cod (for a medium portion). We also had mushy peas - they were excellent and tasted as if they had been prepared properly not just out of a tin.

The chips were properly cooked, but they were the only disappojntment, as good as they get anywhere. Come on boffins - find a way to have good chipping potatoes in summer.

We would eat fish and chips here again - especially if they are able to get old potatoes.

• Visited June 2011