“Disappointing”

The Village Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Indonesian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Poor food and service lacking in focus. I won't be going back. I'm surprised by the good reviews - I suppose its possible we were just unlucky but you can usually tell when staff are unmotivated

1 Thank Nick J

Bradford
“Best in Area by far”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having moved to the area in November 2012 and a keen curry fan we have now tried all the local Indian restaurants and this is by far the best food, service and atmosphere - it is also the most spacious which i like, most other restaurants in the area feel very cramped. Will be a regular here for years to come…

Lancashire
“fab food and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went with my partner and friends last night. The food was fresh and delicious. I had the meat thali, the mince dish was superb. The building has been renovated to a lovely standard. I cant wait to go again.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Quite simply the best in the area”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I previously reviewed the restaurant, but feel the need to commend the quality, service and consistency of the take away service.
My wife and I have been ridiculously busy with work this last week, so have ordered in takeaway twice..which would normally be unheard of! The first time, the roads were busy, so the owner himself delivered our meal, the 2nd time a speedy, well packaged (box not bag!) meal arrived.
I quite simply cannot fault this place. The restaurant and takeaway food are impeccable, the service is genuine and good, and the food is head and shoulders above any in area.
If you read my other tripadvisor reviews, I am normally moved to write when something bad happens..in this case..the praise cannot be more deserved.
Well done, JavaVillage..keep it up!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As ever an excellent meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been eating at the Village ever since it opened (and indeed enjoyed their food when it was just a takeaway). The food and service are excellent and it has a welcoming atmosphere. The only reason we don't eat there as often as we used to is that we are trying to lose weight. Not possible when faced with their excellent food.

• Visited February 2013