“tasty”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: Next to the fox public house
Description: Next to the fox public house
Reviewed September 25, 2014

Food good value for money and pleasant surroundings served promptly and friendly staff, worth a visit if you like Indian food.

Date of visit: September 2014

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just ordered a takeaway from this place. We gave it time after it had been closed down due to poor hygiene!! I thought over 6 months would give them time to get their act together!! We ordered 'the usual' with a twist - a daal sambar instead of the usual cauliflower & potato side dish. They got the side digs wrong and delivered that later - this have us long enough to discover how truly awful their food is! One dish was supposed to be lamb tikka, one lamb - I couldn't tell the difference. Neither had been pre-seared. The rogan was meat in a ton of tomatoes, the patia looked better but tasted like a stew. The rice was dry & crispy. The naan was good. WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

Date of visit: June 2014
3  Thank jlw5558
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As the FOX does not serve meals on a Monday evening, went next door for an Indian.
A number of take aways were evident but the restaurant was quiet.

Although previous reports have been somewhat mixed, I experienced a superb meal which was extremely tasty.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
I will be visiting again when back in the area.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The restaurant has had a recent revamp, and it was the best meal we've had there. We're local, and go quite a lot, but this was exceptional. New menu, and lots of tasty things. We had a chicken and a lamb dish, garlic naan and rice, and every mouthful was lovely, the meat tender and moist, the flavours really came out. As usual, service friendly and warm, the guys always remember what we have to drink, and that I can never eat a whole portion of rice so I get my mini plate! Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Following a recent refurb (polite speak for environmental health issues) I decided to give the spice cottage another try. The menu had been updated and looked good. To be fair, I had a take away and I was on my own so didn't experiment much. I had a prawn purée which was ok but the prawns were quite tough and fishy. The main of lamb tikka biryani (which arrived as a lamb biryani) was inedible - the vegetable curry over the top was a thick, unspicy, bland gravy with one piece of potato, cauliflower and a bean. The lamb in the rice was strong tasting mutton - almost rancid.
I live in the village and would like to rely on the Spice Cottage but other takeaways deliver and are more reliable

Date of visit: August 2013