“A home from home.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Burwell B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“A home from home.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I enjoyed a very comfortable stay on and off for the past four months for work in the area. The rooms are clean and tidy and breakfast are always top notch, what ever you ask for.
Steve and Jenny are very welcoming and accommodating.
Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family comprising my wife and I together with our 2 daughters and one friend stayed at the Deerview on 31st. Dec 2013 and 1st. Jan 2014. What a lovely stay we had. The B&B is clean, comfortable and cosy. Steve and Jennie were wonderful hosts who whipped up a good cooked breakfast in addition to the usual juices, cereals, bread (with home made jams!) etc. In fact, upon our arrival we were served coffee and tea and the rooms are all equipped with snacks, coffee/tea and even instant "cup soups". Our room was spacious and comfortable whilst the 2 other rooms taken up by the children were much smaller but very cosy. It was a most pleasant stay with 2 hospitable hosts and we will definitely like to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at short notice after leaving my other accommodation which was not as described and where I was argued with and never once greeted or smiled at.
Deer View - what a difference !
They made me a cup of tea, asked about me, gave me home made cake and I couldn't have been happier.
The single room was small but perfectly clean and had an ensuite. I was warmly welcomed and we chatted about my travel plans. I found a bus timetable for me on the breakfast table the next morning - another nice touch. Breakfast include fresh berries - yum. The hot food was delicious and was a generous serving.

There is a sign above the front door - "Enter as strangers. Leave as friends." And that's exactly how it was.

• Stayed November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We did an overnighter here towards the end of our UK trip and were once again happy to have found a lovely B & B with friendly and professional hosts.
Our room was just lovely and was very clean as was the good sized ensuite. Steve and Jennie have thought of everything, even down to some sachets of cupasoup. This to me is a sign of great caring hosts who do actually like the B & B life that they have chosen. They warmly open their home and make you feel so welcome.
Breakfast was again, yummy and had plenty of choice. Nothing is too much trouble. I am only sorry that as we were simply too overfed that we were not able to have a cooked breakfast.
I would definately stay here again given the chance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at Deerview as it was conveniently located for a night stop on our journey westwards. I 'phoned before leaving, as we were delayed, and asked for suggestions for a venue for a meal in the evening. Steve offered to book a table at a suitable venue nearby. In the event he decided to change the location as he thought we would prefer a quieter dining place and the initial one was holding a special 'event' evening. As a result we ate at 'Reach' and had a superb meal and a convivial evening. The accommodation at Deerview is spacious and exceptionally well looked after by Steve and Jenny. Likewise their hospitality is first rate. I would certainly stay again without any hesitation and, to compliment the stay, local eating places are also remarkably good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed 1 night as I was in the area visiting friends but this is somewhere I would return to in the future. Jennie and Steve are very welcoming and although it was a whirlwind visit I felt very comfortable and it really felt like I was staying in a friends home rather than a hotel. The room I stayed in was immaculate and I was short of nothing, I would say it is worth a visit for the home made jam at breakfast alone. Don't worry about forgetting anything they have thought of pretty much everything you might need including a toothbrush! The bed was very comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep and the breakfast was lovely - nothing seemed like too much trouble and I have already recommended Deerview to my friends in the area if any of their family or friends need somewhere to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the twin room that has it's own front door which was perfect for me as I was visitin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Deer View on the 10/10/13, we have stayed in a lot of Hotels and B&B's. Firstly the photo's on the web site do not do Deer View justice, it is far better in the flesh. We were met at the door by Steve, after the introductions we were offered tea and coffee, within minutes we felt at home and relaxed, most places treat you as an inconvenience in their home, not Steve and Jennie they treated us as friends. We stayed in Room 1, when Steve showed us to the room we really where stunned it was better than any hotel we have stayed in, anything we might have needed was there. The room was spotless as was the en suite, we can honestly say we never sleep well in a strange bed, I think most people are the same, well we slept like logs. Breakfast was excellent, you have to have the "Burwell" sausage. Burwell itself has a lot to offer with a museum, castle and a visit to the Devil's Dyke. Deer View is at the top of our list as one of the cleanest, friendliest places we have stayed and we will be visiting it again soon. Rich & Helen Hollingsworth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burwell
Bedford Lodge Hotel
#1 of 5 in Ely
The Meadow House
The Meadow House
#2 of 4 in Burwell

Been to Deerview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!