“Okay, nothing special”

Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I ate here with my 2 daughters. Most of the evening crowd are persons going to play VLTs in the lounge. We were the only diners. Server was humorous. Service was quite quick. Food was average at best. Would not rush back.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The pub and owner have grown on the town and vice versa.The pub is a renovated movie theatre with lots of history made during and before that time.(I actually attended many movies as did many others growing up in this area) It is a welcoming experience...large open space with ample seating, family friendly and clean with local artists paintings and movie memorabilia.The Capitol was recently repainted and is much brighter and lively than previous. .it was kinda dark lit and dreary before.There are daily specials and local favorites and options available on the menu.(I recommend the fish and chips, the capitol burger, sizzling mushrooms or my favorite the wings) All in all this is a down home bar with good selection of food and drink. I personally would prefer more variety in the beer and spirits but I like to adventure and try new things.The Shocktop, Propellor Bitter and Garrison are my choices in brew with very different flavours. The caesers here are also great with homemade spicy green beans.The owner John is also around if there are any hitches in the bar or just to say hello.The bar staff is quick, friendly and on task. .not too serious though.What else can I say its the local watering hole and good times spot for most in the area.Also for those who want to test their luck there are Vlt's tucked in the back. ..me I dont have anything but bad luck so its only a 20$ from time to time. Cheers

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Only been here once for breakfast but definitely enjoyed this. Wasn't anything fantastic about the meal but was on a diet for so long that it tasted like heaven!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and always impressed with our meals. Our most recent meal was every bit as delicious as our previous visits. My husband had a clubhouse with home cut fries. My son had a macaroni in creamy sauce with meatballs and I had a quesadilla with side Caesar salad. Portions are a good size, prepared from scratch. Total cost of meal, including one beer was $50

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Capitol has the best wings ever! Go with time on your hands because they still haven't gotten the hang of moving their wings fast. We still love them though!