Te Koha Lodge
The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs(Matauri Bay)(Great Value!)
$1,144
$1,109
$102
$99
Orbitz.com
Woodlands Motel & Conference Venue(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$48
$43
Priceline
  • Pool
Kerikeri Court Motel(Kerikeri)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
Kingfish Lodge(Whangaroa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsour honeymoongreat chefhot tubnew zealandprivate balconyplace to staywaynekerikerideckmaryhostspaviewscookingbeacheshideawayaccommodation
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My stay at Huntaway was utterly fabulous.
From the moment I walked into the main lodge and saw the view over the 2 bays below, I didn't want to leave.
David was a wonderful host, the rooms were beautifully decorated and the food was delicious.
I hope to return

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I completely agree with the last two reviews. My husband and I are glad that Huntaway Lodge was the last place we stayed in New Zealand because, even though we stayed in some beautiful places in New Zealand, this was by far the best and became a great way to finish our New Zealand trip. The lodge, the surroundings and the view were even better than their website. Our room was tasteful and beautiful, appropriate to the location, without being over the top. David made us welcome, Victoria made our stay comfortable with great food and suggestions, making our bookings, packing us picnic lunches.
We wish this place was closer to California so that we could come more often!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I had five nights at Huntaway (in the fabulous Retreat) and honestly loved every luxurious minute of it. David made us feel totally relaxed and perfectly at home, while 'wonder woman' Victoria seemed always to have our every need pre-covered perfectly. Food superb. Went diving locally through Dive North. The hot tub is positioned in possibly one of the most spectacular view points on the North Islands- don't believe me? - then u try it out.
Please, please leave Huntaway just exactly as it is- as we're coming back!
Oh! If you do not say WOW!!! on arrival then you have booked the wrong place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the lodge during our honeymoon. Richard&Rowan welcomed us very warmly and we had a very pleasant stay. The view is stunning and having breakfast on the deck was simply fantastic. Rooms are newly and beautyfully decorated. We had two dinners at the lodge, both of them delicious. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Speechless.... My husband and I spent four nights in the Retreat which was just perfect. The views were stunning and the view from the private spa was just as incredible. It was the perfect place to relax, read, watch the stars from the spa at midnight and eat. You will want for nothing.

We want to thank the host for his wonderful (and hugely proportioned!!) breakfasts and for a truly superb Christmas evening.

The only downside... everywhere else we stayed after Huntaway Lodge felt like a complete disappointment! Believe me - you will not want to leave this place. I'm not usually an overtly emotional person but I really did cry when we had to leave the tranquility and beautiful setting. I would truly recommend Huntaway Lodge to anyone and would love to return again.

Room Tip: The Retreat offers wonderful seclusion and privacy if you feel you would like a little more space to yourself.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple