“A comfortable hotel but so hot during the recent heat wave”

Charleville Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Charleville
Saint Petersburg
“A comfortable hotel but so hot during the recent heat wave”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booked 3 rooms for a family trip recently. Nice friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms.
Food was average and not great value for money. No towels when we arrived but they were provided on request. Complaint from one member of the party that the room was dusty and showing signs of neglect.

Room Tip: Avoid the noisy rooms to the front. It is a busy road and if you want toleave a window open it is no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently attended a wedding in your hotel and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. From the mile long at check in to the definitely untrained staff to the lack of choice when you order a drink and the credit card facility not working it was one thing after another.As for the wedding meal the vegetables were literally cold and the Beef and Turkey was completely dried out and over cooked. The level of service on the day was unacceptable in my opinion. In the current climate customers are looking for value for money and I can honestly say I don't feel we got it.The staff all seemed relatively new to the jobs which leads me to believe staff don't stay too long and I am sure we only saw a manager once the whole weekend and he wasn't very pleasant....Toilets in the bar were an absolute disgrace and after it was reported to reception by numerous people nothing was done and it was still the same the next day as we actually checked too see if it had being done...

Room Tip: Make sure you haven't a room facing the road as you will be awake all night with passing traffic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I was disappointed to hear your feedback .
We had issue with the WI-FI in the hotel during your stay but thankful these have been resolved – we know how important this facility is for all travellers and we have invested heavily over the years to ensure we deliver the best quality connection and service available .
Kind regards

ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

just home from a 2 night stay at charleville park hotel and I loved it. the room was spotless and comfortable the staff were excellent and the food was very good, the weather was beautiful and we could sit outside and relax. I would loved to return and I would like to thank all the wonderful staff for making our stay a lovely one.

1 Thank kate08
Dublin
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dislike giving negative reviews, but I depend on honest reviews when deciding on a hotel...

We currently have a heatwave in Ireland and I've paid a lot of money to stay in a modern hotel that has no air-con?! You walk into reception and its so lovely and spacious and cool but the moment you step out of the lift towards the bedrooms, the heat hits you!

The room itself was nice, nothing special but adequate. The window only opens a few inches, which given the air con situation, is bad form, but maybe its a safety issue. The bathroom was really lovely though, can't deny that. No remote control in my room, but this was rectified by an absolutely lovely male member of staff. Very friendly and chatty. A whole section of carpet beside the bed was so dirty and damaged, it was lifting off the floor. Complimentary bottles of water in the room were a really nice touch, but were unfortunately warm, given the lack of air con.

The major issue for me, being a commercial traveller is the wi-fi. I had specifically asked for a room with wi-fi and not only did it not work, I had no mobile phone signal in the room. I took myself down to the bar, to find that it had no signal for wifi or phone signal either. The table I sat on was dirty and the seating was covered in stains. The bar was not stocked very well either as it didn't have two drinks I requested. The bar man was very apologetic and did go out of his way to try to accommodate me but at this stage I was fed up.

I checked out shortly after arriving as it was late in the evening and I really needed a hotel with a reliable wi-fi signal. I was assured by the receptionist that she had re-booted the wifi and it was probably now working, but after the issues I had already encountered, I was not keen on staying. She didn't seem that happy about this, but I really did not want to be stuck in a bedroom with no phone or wi-fi signal. I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Crystallamp
Galway
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last night July 13th,really enjoyed it. Just quiet night away as 6 mts pregnant So did not leave hotel or need to.Leisure club is great loved the swimming pool.Staff so friendly Orla the girl who checked us in was so friendly and chatty.We ate outside bar staff so helpful and friendly also.Food was lovely had steak only thing I would say about that was if it was served on small bed of mash with the flat mushrooms and some onion rings it would look way nicer as the salad and Sauteed onions and mushrooms made it very sloppy looking,chips were fab!sticky toffee pudding divine ..Room was roasting but as soon as we asked we were sent up a fan and slept super with that!Bed very comfy rooms lovely hotel itself is so nicely decorated and breakfast was fab buffet would definitely stay again!best go check out...

• Stayed July 2013
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback , it’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay .
Bernie our pastry chef takes great pride in her sticky toffee pudding and nice to see the positive feedback on our breakfast buffet continuing –its proving to be very popular .
Also nice to hear the feedback and serving suggestions on the steak , I will pass these onto our chef .
We look forward to welcoming you back again – looks like we’ll be booking a family room for you on your return .

Best regards

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We chose The Charleville Park Hotel for our summer mini break. The Family Summer 2 night deal was fantastic value and the location ideal for day trips. The Leisure Centre was excellent, the kiddies pool was ideal for our young daughters and they had a fantastic experience. However our first night didnt go to plan, we had to wait in excess of 40mins for our evening meal as there was only 3 staff on. They were clearly under pressure and seemed to put their heads down to avoid eye contact incase we would want to order !!. By the time we did get to order, our childern were not hungry anymore and were overtired. As a result of this they missed the "movie night" which they had been looking forward to. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they did send up a dvd player but it was probably the popcorn and hot chocolate they were really looking forward to!. On our second night we didn't take any chances and drove to Mallow for our evening meal. Alas it didn't get any better, there was no airconditioning and the rooms were ABSOLUTELY roasting. No-one got any sleep for the 2 nights and both childern have a heat rash as a reminder of their stay. I would only recommended this hotel in the off season... certainly not the height of summer or busy period. I was particularly disappointed as I know this hotel is part of the Cork Luxury Hotel group, I would have expected more. All that said, the staff were pleasant the packed lunch we received for our day trip was tasty and the breakfast selection was fresh and with plenty to choose from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It’s great to hear the positive feedback on the family offers – they are proving very popular for the very reasons that you mentioned , location , leisure club , kids entertainment and particularly the picnic lunch that we do . I do acknowledge your feedback on the dinner service , we will address this and for any guest that does find it too warm fans are available.

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

visited yesterday Thursday had lunch for three persons good value and tasty only issue veg over cooked and soggy staff very polite . we returned in afternoon ( this where things went downhill ) we had tea for two one coffee cost 7 euros plus WHAT A RIP OFF so disappointed to spoil an otherwise pleasant visit avoid for tea and coffee

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review , we are delighted to see you enjoyed your lunch and it is always great to hear such positive feedback about our team .
I will pass your feedback about the vegetables to the Head Chef , with regard to the tea/coffee pricing – please note that each serving is accompanied with freshly made in house cookies and comes with unlimited refills so customers can relax in the lounge or the lovely outdoor court yard area for also long as they wish , we also do a special for €1 on tea & coffee when dining for lunch in the bar.
we look forward to welcoming you back again .

Regards

Brendan Comerford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleville
Castletroy Park Hotel
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
The Hibernian Hotel and Leisure Centre
Springfort Hall Country House

Been to Charleville Park Hotel? Share your experiences!