“Enjoyable weekend away”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Charleville
Dublin
“Enjoyable weekend away”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in The Charleville Park Hotel as part of a large walking group from Dublin

From checkin to leaving I could not fault the staff, food both supper in the bar and breakfast and dinner in restaurant or my room.

i had the pool to myself and also used the jacquizzi

I would suggest that the hotel employ additional bar staff when a large group is staying. On our first night there were only two staff managing it and it was very busy.

I found it quicker to go around to the far side of the bar where locals and other guests ( who were not part of our group) were drinking they seemed to get better service.

• Stayed June 2013
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review , I was delight to see you enjoyed your break in the hotel and that you made the most of the lovely walking routes we have in the area .
I note your comments about the bar service and I will address this with the team . We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again .
Kind regards

Brendan Comerford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Was a very memorable business trip I had. Stayed in this 4 star hotel, had a king sized bed for myself, good heater ( weather was 2-4 degrees), tv was superb and the best part was the hotel's internet connection was literally fast! I could skype and that really made my trip. And guess what ? After office hours, when I head back to my room, everything seemed to be so clean. For 7 days, housekeeping was done,not even a dirt could be seen. And the bar was awesome! I had my Bulmers. Breakfast was always served by 8 am, never missed it! I was a bit upset that I could not go for swimming and enjoy their jacuzzi because of the timing. It closes at 7pm, no time as I was rushing back from office. In conclusion, if I ever land in Charleville again, this is it-->Charleville Park Hotel will be my date!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sharvz
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for posting your review , we are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay .
It was great to hear the feedback on the internet service we know how important good access is to all our customers and we have invested heavily in this area.
I not sure about the information on the Leisure Centre as our opening times are 7am-10pm M-F & 8am-8pm at the Weekend , we open late in the evening to facilitate our business guests
Sorry we couldn’t do more about the weather in February , but hopefully on your return trip it Ireland might oblige with a little sunshine .
Dublin
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for one night recently. On the surface the hotel looks ok but had a poor nights sleep in an uncomfortable bed and the shower was dirty ( not evident until you were in the shower ) and one of the worst breakfasts I've had in a very long time. The food appeared to have been cooked hours before and kept warm. I will not be returning .... it is poor value for money and needs to look at its pricing structure and its competitors.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hisdocon
Firstly, thank you for visiting the Charleville Park Hotel and for taking the time to post your review.
We love to hear guest feedback the team and I put a tremendous effort into ensuring that all guests enjoy their stay ,and it is only through such constructive feedback as yours that we can continue to improve on our service and standards . I will be reviewing the bedroom checklist with our accommodation team to ensure a check is also carried out from inside the shower , it was very disappointing to hear you feedback on the breakfast as you can see from other reviews we get very positive feedback from all the fresh produce that we provide . I do hope you choose to return to us again .
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel looks good but is let down by the terrible food and the poor attitude of some staff. I have taken this up directly with the hotel so it will be no surprise to them. My meal on the first night (fish and chips with rocket and parmesan salad) arrived with no parmesan, no dressing and the rocket going off! On the 2nd night I ate elsewhere. Breakfast lady seemed to really not want to be there on both mornings - need to take lessons from some other hotels about how to greet residents in the morning. On the other hand, lovely creamy scrambled eggs absolutely superb, some of the best I've had from a hotplate. Also rooms really very nice, especially the bathrooms and I slept well, but the sound-proofing is not brilliant for a modern build. Would still go back though as it is so convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lauran1902
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post the feedback on your recent stay , I was delighted to see that you had such a good night’s sleep and that you found the bathrooms and bedrooms so nice .It is disappointing to see the positive comments you had about breakfast being let down by the evening meal.
I was pleased to see that you will be returning again ,as this will give us the opportunity to show how good our evening food service really is .

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was initially planning to stay in Limerick however a conference in town wiped out all of the available rooms. The fine gentleman at the Holiday Inn enquired at to my destination and he immediately called the Charleville Park Hotel. From that moment on all of my problems went away. The dear lady who took my reservation and took care of every little detail. This kind of service is exactly what you need after flying from Los Angeles to London, then on to Dublin and then driving down to Charleville all in the same day. By the time I arrived all I really wanted was sleep and this hotel delivered! I truly love a hotel where you can open a window! When they open outward allowing the fresh air to rush inside its heaven. The bed was great (Albeit maybe I was too tire to properly rate) but I slept well. The bathroom was amazing as it had a fabulous shower and bath tub and WATER pressure!!!! I am talking about serious water pressure where you really feel clean getting out of the shower. I didn't use any of the hotel amenities per se but breakfast was a nice treat and the food was good. It certainly helped start out a day. The WIFI in my room would not connect due to poor signal strength but I had no issue in the lobby. This is something they need to render. I wouldn't think twice about staying there again. It is a given!

Room Tip: The road side of the hotel houses the parking lot. Rooms on the second floor have a nice view of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nice to see our competitors are recommending us , we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay .
Hopefully on your next visit you will have an opportunity to use all of the hotels facilities including our Leisure Centre .
I note your issues with the Wi-Fi connection and we will address this , please note all rooms have a back up wired connection also .
Thank you for the review and also for posting the pictures , we look forward to welcoming you back .

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Firstly the positives - friendly staff, efficient service, leisure centre swimming pool. However the incessant pounding bass from the nightclub meant my two young children didn't get to sleep until close to 3am. Our rooms were on the second floor and the bass was ridiculous. Informed management. Hotel is very family friendly and is fine if your kids can sleep through the noise. Definitely won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe K
Brendan_Comerford, General Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review , I was delighted to see your positive comments about our staff , service and the leisure centre –the kids really do enjoy it.
I’m sorry to hear about the issue with the noise from the night club , thankfully this is an easy fix . I have spoken to the management team of the night club and addressed this issue , they have relooked at the noise limits setting newer lover levels which should prevent future issues .
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention .

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night on a weekend with friends.
First impressions were fantastic. The staff were great.

The rooms are very spacious with lots of storage. The bathroom was also very big with seperate shower and bath tub.

We didn't eat dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. But we had breakfast which is self service buffet style. You can eat as much as you are able. Great offering.
(Full Irish breakfast, fruit, cereal, bread etc)

The leisure centre has a 25m pool, sauna, steamroom, jacuzzi etc which is great. However it was extremely dirty and unhygienic. It looked like it had not been cleaned in days. There was mud all over the floors and even chewing gum in places.

The bar area needs to be cleaned, painted and modernised.

There is a nightclub attached to the hotel so if you are planning to stay on the weekend I would ask to be put in a room far away from the nightclub and front on the hotel.

It was great value at 105 euro per night for 3 people in the room but I don't think I would go back purely because of the cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel . It was nice to read the positive comments about the bedrooms and the leisure centre. I note from your review that it was last year that you stayed May 2012 . I would hope that many of the issues you highlighted have been addressed now and I am delighted to say that we have started a painting programme in the hotel with some sections of the bar completed already and the remainder is scheduled for completion by the end of next month.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return to us again

Brendan Comerford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleville
Castletroy Park Hotel
The Hibernian Hotel and Leisure Centre
Limerick Strand Hotel
Limerick Strand Hotel
#3 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Charleville Park Hotel? Share your experiences!