Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$95
$47
  • Restaurant
$121
$98
$45
$37
  • Breakfast included
La Flora Paradise Residency(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
$18
$52
Cliff Resort(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Breakfast included
The Brook Resorts & Spa(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
Agoda.com
WOW Bison Woods(Yercaud)(Great Value!)
$76
Agoda.com
All reviewsinfinity poolsunrise roomsilent valleyorange restaurantvalley viewpremium roomjunior suitelounge barbig lawnplace to stayapproach roadtable tennisamazing locationhill toprecreation roomhotel is situatedgames room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Palace hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is on a hillock in a secluded location. Rooms on one side open up to the valley, request for rooms on 1st floor. Rooms are average. One thing to definitely improve is bathroom towels. They are old and smelly. The food served is quite good, we tried different cuisines and were equally impressed. Kudos to the chef and the team. One area they could focus is improving the service in the restuarant. We had to wait long to get lunch on both days. Incidentally when we ordered food in the room, the service was relatively quicker. A couple of points positive about this hotel is the swimming pool (a great view from it) and an open space for children to run and play. Overall a decent hotel and probably the best in Yercaud.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GrandPalaceHotelSpa, General Manager at Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Basu,

It was a pleasure to have you & your family as our honorable guest. It is very good to hear that your stay was a very good one and that you & family enjoyed all our services, I shall certainly share the same with my team which will be a great motivational factor.

It is our constant endeavor to serve you better and we have taken note of your feedback very seriously and had taken corrective action and completed it at our end.

We assure that we will take all steps to ensure that your next visit or your recommended friends visit is been made more comfortable with our "Par Excellent Services". Thank you once again.

SAI GOPINATH

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend 14th April 2013. Basically we just wanted a place to relax, and this Hotel proved to be just right for us.

Overall, a good impression.

Starting with the check in - we reached at 12.30 pm and were told our room was not ready as the guests had not checked out yet, and the room then had to be cleaned. We didn't mind too much because there's not much the hotel can do if the guest delays check out, especially as most guests were couples with young children. So we went to the bar had a cold beer and lunch while the room was cleaned and made ready.

An hour later the room was ready and I was very surprised at how clean the room was. I had expected some shortcomings, given the hurried check out and cleaning, but no, all was clean.

The bathroom was absolutely spotless, and smelled fresh, which is very important for us. Even the balcony did not have any dust or dirt.

Sheets and pillows were also very good, clean without any smells, except that the bed sheet wasn't properly ironed. Small issue, that!

Few negative points:
1) The balcony door looked a bit shabby, needed a good coat of polish. Same for the bed and chair, both needed a coat of polish.

2) The balcony does not have chairs, just a hammock. Many people like hammocks, but I don't - I find them very uncomfortable. So that was a drawback as the idea of sitting in balcony and enjoying the pleasant climate and pretty view was lost. I would have loved to have a cane chair there.

3) The bathroom did not have hand/face towels. Maybe we could have asked, we didn't as we had our own. Bath towels didn't look fully white but as in any case, we only use only our own towels from home, I can't and should not comment further on that.

4) The weather was really very pleasant outside, but as we had kept the windows closed because of mosquitoes, it got quite stuffy inside. Either a mosquito mesh should be provided so we can keep the windows open, otherwise a/c has to be provided. I don't like to have an a/c in that kind of weather, but with the balcony door and window shut, an a/c is required. So I have rated "sleep quality" as average because of this. The bed, pillows, etc., are all fine.

5) Frequent power outages. They do have a generator, but it takes from a few seconds to several seconds to come on, so you get plenty of "on"-"off" sequences.

Food: Generally okay.

We had lunch in the bar,and dinner on the lawn, and breakfast in the dining room. No complaints. Not the best perhaps, but acceptable.

Dinner buffet was good, with standard Roti, dal,sabji, chicken, etc. Some snacks too.
Extra was a live dosa counter and local fish curry (fish curry made in the local recipe with fish from the lake) to go with it. That was very good.

Breakfast sambhar was super, filled with vegetables! Standard South Indian breakfast (idlis, vadas, dosa,. Eggs made to order, toast, jam, cornflakes, fruit juice, etc.

Dining room is very clean, although here too the chairs needed polishing. Most chairs were covered with white covers so those looked fine.

Service everywhere was excellent, without exception. The staff members are all local, I suppose from Salem and Yercaud. Not sophisticated, but they have a good knowledge of English and are very helpful and polite, always smiling. Full marks for staff and service.

We wanted our drinks on the lawn and were told we'd have to pick up our drinks from the bar ourselves and bring them to the lawn. But the barman said he would serve us on the lawn and he did. We liked that extra service, again, with a smile. And no expected or asked for tips (but we did tip them!).

Parking: plenty of parking, although not covered.

Getting there: A word of caution if you're driving and using a GPS. Nearing the resort, my GPS showed a turn where there was no sign board. I took the turn and found myself in very narrow roads with cross roads and no boards. I turned back and going on the main road, found sign boards further on just approaching the lake. The GPS was right, in fact, because it showed another shorter route, but I advise you to proceed on the main road till you reach the lake road, where you will find the Hotel's board. But keep a sharp lookout for the signboard as the place is crowded.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel overlook the pool and hills. Possibly a better view than the front. But, the pool and lawn also are generally crowded, especially with kids, so if you want more quiet, then choose a front facing view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandPalaceHotelSpa, General Manager at Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your warm and appreciative review about the Grand Palace Hotel & Spa.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time here with us and left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated! It is indeed a very unique quality to be so far away from the hustle and bustle of city life and Grand Palace Hotel & Spa is the ideal location for a tranquil getaway, yet so close to town.

Our staff always do their best to ensure that our guest’s needs are taken care of and thank you for the praise and compliments you have given them. Your compliments have been conveyed to the hotel team.

We thank you for your patronage to Grand Palace Hotel & Spa and look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just got back from a stay at Grand Palace, after a lot of research we choose this hotel in Yercaud. Upon arrival we were presented a complimentary foot massage coupon , it was only a 10 mins massage but it was worth it. We booked through the hotel website and got a 20 % discount as we had booked 20 days in advance. Felt lucky.
The pool in the hotel is very clean and the location of the pool is splendid. And pool has a bar attached to it and has a good beverage option it was an experience to sip a drink and take a dip in the pool we loved it. Staff were nice and friendly. Food options are good I particularly liked the Chinese and continental food here. The hotel telecasted the IPL match on a big screen in the hotel lawn and good buffet spread was laid out with live dosa counter for dinner . the ambience at the lawn was good. But we were told that the buffet option is available only during weekend so we missed out on the buffet the second day of our stay which was a week day.
Spa massage was good, I tried a kerala traditional massage and it was nice. For the price I paid this hotel is a good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam A
GrandPalaceHotelSpa, General Manager at Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Sam,

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at Grand Palace Hotel, Yercaud for 4 days from April 2nd to 5th. The Hotel, located in peaceful natural environment is maintained well. The stay was made comfortable by each and every employee of the Hotel. At Restaurant, the Chef was well spread. Apart from what is noted in the Printed Menu, the Chef was willing to prepare and serve tasty food of choice during Lunch or Dinner. I have to mention one more point.We left a few of our cloths at the Room while checking out and left with out noticing.The Hotel authororities retained the same, got it neatly packed and sent across to us thru KPN Parcel Services safely to us. We are thankful for their care.Power shortage was not felt with Gen Sets being used . WiFi was effective at lobby level and it can be enlarged to all areas of Hotel. on the whole, we found it to be a Home away from Home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ekrnathan

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Grand Palace Hotel & Spa !!!

This has reference the feedback of your previous stay at Grand Palace Hotel & Spa. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments in Trip Advisor.

It is feed backs such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Palace Hotel & Spa - Yercaud.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is very clean and service is great.
I loved the Spa for the ayurvedic massage, steam bath and the Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi room has a great view of the pristine valley below.
The restaurant and buffet served for breakfast and dinner were appetizing and filling.
Staff there very friendly and helpful whenever I approached them for any help inside the hotel and for local trips.
It has a picturesque lawn behind the hotel again with a view to the valley. I think I should visit this hotel again sometime during winter/spring season to enjoy the valley view.
It has a neat bar.
Overall a great stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PradeepKumar1

Dear Guest

Our large Lawns are perfect for the children to run freely and enjoy themselves while parents can also unwind and relax.

Our staff always tries their best to ensure that our guest’s needs are taken care off and thank you for the praise and compliments you have given them. Your compliments have been conveyed to the entire hotel team.

We thank you for your patronage to Grand Palace Hotel & Spa - Yercaud and look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Thanks & Regards,