Tripadvisor
Yercaud
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sweet rascal vishu kaliappa sunny side his passion exotic birds unique place pet lovers an animal lover home away from home down to earth friendly dogs egg dosa one of a kind non vegetarian british bungalow home style mind blowing
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice resort. Center of yercaud. Close to lake. Beautiful trees and garden atmosphere all around. Super birds. Friendly dogs. Very very nice rooms. Super comfortable beds. Lovely interiors and antique furniture. Very nice owner and staff.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the best resort I've ever been to. Resorts world over might have all the creature comforts but very few have the warmth. This place has much more than that, warmth, love and affection.

I walk straight into the kitchen and spend the evening chatting with the kind folks there.

The resort is an old English villa done up in very painstaking way by Dr.Vishu Kaliappa. It's full of antiques and collectibles of very exotic nature. The resort is in the midst of a wonderful collection of beautiful trees and wilderness and kept very neat and nice. The landscaping is very different and speaks for itself.

Undoubtedly the best resort in Yercaud. I always have a great time here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2019

Tucked in a corner in Sheveroy Hills this 'paradise on earth ' emanates pure love, hospitality , ecofriendliness & positive energy , pampers us with amazing food, complete mind body & soul relaxation.
Totally enjoyed the owner Vishu kaliappan's personal touch in every single service, kudos to his dedication, passion ,wit & thoroughness , unmissable & a memorable stay for me & my daughter along with our extended family ♥️

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2019

This review was purposely done almost a month after to avoid the ‘recency effect’.
I’ll bring up the points (to keep it short) that I loved most among others during my visit to Yercaud.
From the very start when I called Vishu (Com. Dr. Vishu Kaliappa – I mention the title cause when you meet him, you won’t find an iota of ego when you get to meet him in person) after having called a dozen hotels for a pet friendly stay, I knew I was up for a great experience when we spoke more about dogs than rates for the room or payment options. Having had to finally bring up the topic, Vishu was very clear that I had to agree to certain house rules before he’d entertain me further. The ‘rules’ I must say is something every resort, every hotel, every establishment should have. The rules were direct and thanks to Vishu’s great sense of humor made we want to experience the stay now more than anything else.
On the day we arrived at the resort, after having lost our way and murals low, we met Vishu at the entrance. I believe he can read people as he knew the air and asked his staff to help us to our room.
Boom, we step into the ‘heritage home’ and we were mesmerized with the way the place was done up so tastefully. It was like we had travelled back in time. The place was full of artifacts and antiques that one would get to see only in a museum. And yes, it was all accessible to use for us – as long as we used it as our own. (May I add, there is no ‘supervision’ over your stay as Vishu trusts you).
Rathish, who shares Vishu’s vision and sense of humor manages the property. An excellent gentleman who would befriend you the minute you meet him. He and his staff (mostly women who work in the kitchen is a great way of uplifting the locals) are warm, smiling and so courteous, you’d feel like a family.
Sweet Rascal, the restaurant (for the lack of a better word) is a place that exhumes life, humor and a scintillating aroma of food that’ll want to make you just eat, eat and eat. So we did. His spread of non veg is to die for. And oh, did I mention, entry is by invitation and limited. This only goes to show, the warmth and care that Vishu and Rathish take. And to top it, they serve the guests themselves!!!
Breakfast – a huge spread of authentic ‘south indian’ food, if I may, is the best I’ve had. The egg dosa and the Pongal among others is just wow! One can also ask the staff to make something you’d prefer or just simply walk in and make it yourself!
Vishu has a wide variety of interests which one can only discover after spending time with him. He has a flair for art, calligraphy, dogs (has quite a few exotic breeds I must say), motorcycles and I believe the list goes one. One needs to spend time to know him better.
Over our planned stay of 3 days, I might’ve casually mentioned how much I loved the place, and on the day we were to check out, Vishu offers us another complimentary stay… an offer / gesture of a different level! Guess what we extended our leave just for the place!
Thanks Vishu, Rathish and the team for such warm hospitality. THE REGENT shall be my first choice of getaway every time I think of one!

1  Thank Abhishek_Banerjee_84
Reviewed December 26, 2019

We have stayed during our family meet.This villa is very nice and comfortable.Excellent food.The facilities are great.A perfect hideout for people who want to relax in a peaceful environment without any disturbance.
Staffs are very friendly and amiable.They made our stay very memorable.
Do visit this hotel,the real forest feel atmosphere and I am sure you will love it.

Trip type: Traveled with family