“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yercaud
The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Yercaud
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Regent Hill side resort is a perfect destination for quality break from our routine, and possibly mundane, life. For those who are wanderlust, your journey would never be complete without a stay for a complete day at Regent. This unique place had so many cool things to offer, even would surprise, you. The Man behind is someone whom I recommend all should meet.

Regent Hill inclusive of its pet Sweet Rascal with its unique characteristic is not just an another commercial enterprises but is a place, in my opinion, that can cause a longing desire to come back again and again and make love with her aroma-filled diverse magnificent features.

Room Tip: You lay even on the floor or any place inside the campus, you won't regret :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Bangalore
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Just happened to drop in at Sweet Rascal, since the "Bang Your Head Here" signboard caught our imagination, along with a S-class Merc parked on the doorway! We met an unassuming person, who later disclosed that the place runs only for the owner's enjoyment, and that the owner is Vishu, who is in person standing in front! He flatly refused any food, and then upon seeing my hapless children (who till then had only Idly-Vada) he tool pity and suggested that he can get them Pasta. As the conversation progressed, he wrote in a sheet of paper the places where we should visit (he is so passionate about Yercaud!), and wow it was written in calligraphy! His understanding of gourmet food was simply outstanding. Well since we were curious, he took us to a cottage, which is indeed an old English heritage cottage, but done up in his own style (and not by an interior designer, like one would have experienced elsewhere) and that makes it so special. My children also played with his Husky dog, the Australian goat Billy and heard the African Grey parrot in a great mood for singing! Me and my wife also had an opportunity to have a look at the diary of his where he has carefully planned diet for his animals, interestingly they are not fed pedigree, the coats were just fantastic. The animals are not caged or tied up, they are free and extremely playful and loving creatures like God has made them to be.

We met his wife, his son, who just wrote his Std XII exams and his wife cooked vegetarian Tamil meal: and thats the best we (me and my wife) ever had; the only comparison could be Annalaxmi on Nungabakkam (Madras) way back in the 90s. When I asked him for the cheque, I saw the bill only contains Pasta. I thought twice and asked my wife, if I should ask Vishu about the veg food that his wife cooked and was so graciously served in person by Vishu, but my wife said, we should not even ask; since somethings cannot be valued in money. The food was such an invaluable experience (and me and my wife were on a fast that day). BTW, the pasta, was a 'masterchef' stuff (according to my son, who is quite well traveled foodie boy)!

Vishu is a multi-talented person and this resort is his passion, and doesn't care too much who says what, and glaringly announces, if his standards are not good enough, he encourages the guests to lower theirs! Vishu reminds me of two sanskrit sloka a) Vasudaiva kutumbakam (everybody is a relative) and b) Atithi deva bhava (the guest is a representative of God). If you understand the value in these two and understand what it conveys, this place is for you.

On a personal front, Vishu belongs to the rare variety human beings, who we need to make this world a better place!

Abhijit. Bangalore.

Room Tip: Check out anything. Each room has a different story, so chose yours!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank bangaloreabhijit
Reviewed March 19, 2014

i paid my visit to regent resort in between my hectic schedule of life but after i m first step in resort it seemed as time has stopped and we entered old colonial era of legacy left behind.i wil list this resort as a place and owner dr vishu karipa as place to visit before u die

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kakasandhu
Chennai
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sometimes a holiday is the best recourse to rejuvenate the weary body and soul and this is exactly what I discovered at the Regent Hill Side Resort at Yercaud. The holiday was unplanned as I had some business meetings at Salem and called Mr.Vishnu Kalliappa to say a quick Hello. When Vishnu insisted that I come over to the resort I was not quite prepared for the refreshing stay it would offer. Well appointed rooms, witty posters and most of all a gracious host made the stay an amazing experience. Vishnu regaled me with some anecdotes and stories that kept me engrossed while the scenic beauty of the estate was breath taking to say the least. What started off as a hobby to Vishnu has now taken roots into a passionate offering of wholesome food - Barbecued Chicken and meat, comfortable stay and some brilliant moments that can be etched in ones mind forever. I would like to go and spend some quality time in this place every time I am on this side of the world as it offers a get away from the din and bustle of the city and offers a ubiquitous solitude that can energize the soul. The attention to detail factor must be well appriciated. Lovely collection of different bonsai plants in fancy pots across the resort are a treat to ones eyes.The coffee estates and the Frangipani garden allows one to relax and inspires one to just gaze at nature and lose track of time. Nestled in the Shevaroy Hills, Regent Hill Side Resort is a destination that calls out to me to enjoy the bliss of nature and I am most certainly going to go back and this time around with a few more days to lose myself !

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ArjunAgrawal
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This heritage hotel is awesome! We went with our family and yes with our pets too.. we all had amazing family time. Hotel employees were kind and special thanks to vishu. Ambience - hospitality - food - super cool!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jeyapriya
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Don't visit this extremely beautiful one of a kind place if you want to loathe your life in the city. This is not a hotel. This is a home with excellent service. You are at liberty to be in any part of the property at any time of the day. For those who want a room with four walls and probably a view, should go to a five star. They don't have a concierge, because every one from the owner, to the servers are at your beck and call even at 2 am. Vishu has no restrictions to the number of people in a room. Whats a holiday if we're all gonna be placed separately. You can sleep in the lawn if you want to, under the trees and beneath the stars. The Regent is rightfully a place where " YOU SLEEP WHERE YOU SPEAK". If anyone is capable of breaking the rules of a place where there are NO RULES, God help The Regent. For the rest of us who love our holidays, it is definitely worth every rupee and every minute.

Room Tip: Every room has its own identity
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank eloper23
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Again unforgettable day where we celebrate our Vishu sir birthday with our friends naveen,Kevin,venkat,Ratish& our Vishu sir yesterday knight with a barbie-q in our resort...,sir again many more happy returns of the day & thanks 2 god also..., where god present us such as good man as our friend

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends