“Excellent hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yercaud
The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Yercaud
Tirunelveli, India
“Excellent hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was the most idyllic Resort in which we have ever stayed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We'd recommend it to anyone. It's a must in your tour, very beautiful Resort. Good service, beautiful scenery.
Can't fault anything that has to do with this Resort. Enjoyed every minute of our stay.
Very helpful staff.
We found great value for money! Housed in an unpretentious looking building The Regent Hill Side Resort is stills something of a landmark in the little town of Yercaud. The rooms are very spacious, the bathrooms spotlessly clean and disinfected, the sheets and linen are fresh.
One can't imagine this type of hospitality in anywhere in the world.

Syed Ahmed Miranji,
Tirunelveli, TamilNadu

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The drive from Bangalore to Yercaud is beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay at the Regent hill side thanks to Vishu who went out of his way to interact with us. His knowledge on various subjects is very impressive. The staff was extremely helpful, pleasant and approachable. Thumbs up for Vishu and his team.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anp20132013
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you very much for having written about us on trip advisor.

It gives us great joy to hear from you that you had a wonderful time at our resort.

It was indeed my pleasure sharing the least knowledge that I have with you.I am still on a long learning process.

I'm glad that you felt that our team looked after you'll well.

Welcome any time to your second home in Yercaud.

With warm regards,

Karur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

one best hotel which in my life.The positive approach by the staff really to mention were so kind and pleasant there and the owner of resort is person to be met in one`s life .and i can`t forget Hitler,soda, my best companions there at the resort .i would love come back again and again...so my heart full wishes to the entire team of this resort ...DVN Vijay,Karur

Room Tip: the honey room is best option ...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DVNvijay
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Vijay,

How are you my buddy? You're one unique guest of mine who won my friendship at first instance. You're an awesome gentleman.

I would like to tell you that this is the first reply to review that I have written without putting a Mr. before the guest name. That clearly shows our bond.

I don't know whether you enjoyed time in my resort or not, but I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in your company. In-fact I had a wonderful relaxed holiday when you were here with your genuine friendliness and fun loving nature. I admire the way you treated your driver - like a friend: I learnt a lot from you - My humble salutations to you.

Soda and Hitler are asking for you. They can sense the love from someone.

All my collaborators here admire you a lot. Rathish keeps talking about you a lot.

Vijay, I must mention that your grandfather impressed me so much. You are very very lucky to have a grandfather as him. I wouldn't mind adopting him as my grandfather- ha-ha. Seldom do I see such a duo.

Buddy I'm so happy to get a friend like you.

You are always welcome to Yercaud, as I look forward to having a holiday in your company.

with warm regards,

your great friends

Rathish & Vishu
Bidar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

yes, from decor to food everything in british fashion. esp the idea from which the hotel is designed is awesome .. i loved the concept of open bathing area..
awesome!!!
lovely place lovely weather and what not. infact your dogs are welcome their too.
so if u have any pet he/she is welcome and have a gala time with pet friends

Room Tip: food is an issue rest all fine
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Respected Madam,

Thank you very much for having put up an excellent review.

It gives me great joy on reading the heading that you have given to your review. It shows your in-depth analysis into the concept of my resort.

At this juncture I would like to share with you, the fact that before starting the renovation work, I visited more than 200 old buildings in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Thailand, researched in-depth the intricate details and then implemented with a lot of alterations my ideas, to suit the site and the ramparts of the building.

I'm also happy that you enjoyed the bathing area. In my upcoming rooms my bathing areas would be more elaborate and would be the highlight of the property. They would be the rooms that attract the tariff and the rooms would be complimentary for anyone hiring a bathroom.

I'm delighted to note that you enjoyed spending time with my dogs.In-fact very shortly I'm planning to bring all my 27 dogs to the resort.

I always believe dogs enjoyed traveling with their masters and vice verse. So I always ask my guests whether they have a pet and if they have they have one, they are most welcome to bring along their pet.

And finally coming to the food, in February our specialty restaurant SWEET RASCAL will be fully functional serving the best of mouth watering cuisine.

Always welcome to your second home in Yercaud,

with warm regards,

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel more than yercaud site seeing everything in this hotel is exciting amazing experience +Huge Bathroom + Hitler with multiple tone parrot + Wisky, brandy and soda Dogs.

We went into the hotel with family of 13 members they gave nice hospitality and service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr.Shankar,

Thank you for having written a very nice review specially mentioning about my pets who are my family.

It gives me great joy and happiness to know that you had a wonderful time with our pets. I was very impressed with your knowledge on the BULLY KUTHA breed. Rarely do I come across people who even have heard about such a breed.

I'm also happy that you enjoyed our bathrooms. Bathrooms were always my choicest rooms to put in my design ideas. In-fact our upcoming rooms are going to have very exotic bathrooms and the concept of our resort is going to be

"BOUTIQUE DESIGNER BATHROOMS WITH ATTACHED GARDEN BEDROOMS".

The tariff is going to be only for the bathroom and the bedroom would be complimentary.

My team were very delighted on seeing your review mentioning about the good time that you'll had because of their good service. It was a real boost to their morale. My humble gratitude to you.

Welcome to your home in Yercaud,

With warm regards,

Coimbatore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Me, working for a MNC Travel Company decided to have our Half Yearly Manager's Meet - South Region at Yercaud. So far we had been sending our clients to Regent Hill Side (we have got excellent feed back on this property). But this time we really experienced it.

My boss who had come all the from Chennai told us "guys I am not in a mood to conduct the meeting, after coming to this place" he was that much impressed. Eventually we had our meeting the next day only, that much we had lost ourselves into Nature. We had been there for 2 day 28 & 29 Oct, which turned out to be the most memorable stay and official meet ever.

Mr. Vishu & Mr. Rathish made sure each and every thing goes well. There was a personal touch in whatever they did. we learnt "this is what hospitality and service is" being in the same trade.

A 100 plus years old property, so very well maintained in its own yesteryear quality and charm, yet providing you all the host of modern amenities. One could see Mr. Vishu's passion and exotic ideas sprinkled in each and everything at The Regent Hill side. The moment you enter the property you will be taken back to a century ago.

People, the moment you think Yercaud think "The Regent Hillside", rather me saying it, you must experience it by yourselves.

Thank you so much Mr. Vishu Kalliappan. You made our stay and our official meet a memorable one. Henceforth all our official meet will be at Regent Hillside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Mr.Joshua,

It gives me great pride and joy from reading an excellent review written by you; the reason I say this is, since I know you are a stalwart in the hospitality industry and that you've seen and stayed at the best properties in the world.

I'm extremely glad that your boss liked the place so much that he went into an off-mode to things official. These are the kind of things that give me the greatest joy. I really feel elated on you saying, that you felt good the way you were looked after and treated by my colleagues at The Regent. All of us work as a close knit team to give the greatest joy to our guests.

I'm truly glad that you enjoyed the fusion of heritage with modernity. That's why I call the place "THE NEW ANCIENT COURTYARD OF HOSPITALITY". In fact I enjoyed restoring the property all by myself without any professional help or guidance and many top architects have commended the work that I have finally arrived at till date IE. only 5 % of my ideas brewed in my brain and the rest still brewing and on the road to get executed.

Heights of happiness to me is when you say to the world "Experience the regent Hill Side on your own" - This is a very strong statement which shows your genuine fondness for your second home.

It was my extreme joy and pleasure having all of you at my place - this I genuinely say because I've been inviting you to come for quite a long time and finally it happened. You are always welcome anytime to your second home at Yercaud.

your great friend at Yercaud,

Com.Dr..Vishu Kaliappa
+9194437 00000
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hospitality was superb...very friendly staff and especially the owner and our dear friend(now) Vishu. I personally don't prefer staying at commercial hotels so this place perfectly suits my taste. Rooms are different, unique and decorated to a great detail...Checkout the honeymoon suite(Sunny Side) with alfresco bathing and superb pictures or the one opposite to it (Belmont) that has wonderful views! Although it's right in the middle of the town, it is tucked away from the main road with an approachable drive way. The interiors, antiques, pictures, books are just awesome.The quotes put up in the resort right from the entrance are very nice and thoughtful. We had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Checkout the honeymoon suite(Sunny Side) with alfresco bathing and superb pictures or the one opposi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Bharath,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review.

I'm so glad that you expressed that now, I'm your friend. Any quantum of things in cash or kind wouldn't give me such immense joy and happiness as what your statement revealed.

Actually what you saw and experienced is only a miniscule, as compared to what is in my mind as end results. Every time you visit you would definitely observe a whole new experience.

Every day to me is a new adding process to the glamour of the resort.

Your great friend in Yercaud,