“The Must Be Visited Part Of Yercaud!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yercaud
The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Yercaud
“The Must Be Visited Part Of Yercaud!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Ambience, Service, Taste, Value for Money..you say it and it is served..Maestro Vishu Kaliappa's Creation..Killer Place!! Donot Miss!! Dont forget to meet his dogs, the parrot, the weather stone, Mini Skirt Stairs and other attractions..Quotes by the owner are realy interestng..Service is pleasing..real nice restaurant where privacy is not disturbed..best place in yercaud..

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I called this hotel , and one guy responded and told rooms were not available. Then he suddenly started helping me , which all hotel I can go and have good vegetarian food . I asked r u mr vishu ?...and he told yes. Actually I had read a lot about mr vishu in review before itself . I went with my wife to meet him and we had a great time . He told me his plan, what he is about to do by next year in his resort. I suggested him that please put ur resort also in Yercaud tourist places :)). Thanks Mr Vishu

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Shekhar S
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I travel the world and everywhere I've been to, a lot of totally unconnected folks have gone out of their way to guide me and help me, and I think it is my duty to give back to the world what I have recieved.

I am so happy that you liked my place. Infact whatever you saw is only 5 % of whatever is in my mind. All the balance is in the pipeline getting done.

It gave me a lot of joy and happiness by you telling me to include my place in the places of interest to see in Yercaud. It would be my great pleasure to show anybody coming to Yercaud my place as I've always felt that goods things are meant to be shared, a character that I developed after a lot of interaction with my good friend Chef Hari and Chef Murali and my good hearted friend Brinda - the trio from Singapore.

Thank you sooooooooooo much. Any help that you / your friends need in Yercaud you can feel free to call me 24/7/365

Your friend in Yercaud,

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Well most of us while going to Hill Stations try to take a hotel which is decent and can provide only a good facility to sleep. Well The REGENT HILL SIDE RESORT is much much much more than that. Its not a Five Star hotel which is going to make holes into your pocket. It gives you the complete experience which you deserve to have when you travel away from your daily mechanical lives.

The place is a visually amazing whether it be the British style laid rooms, the food (have a little patience and enjoy sitting post the sun sets rather than wondering how quick the food will reach your table).

You have place to walk around, sit peacefully near a window and listen to music, sit down in a corner, enjoy the fresh air and have your food, pamper the dogs and yes the most important thing, spend time with the creator of this experience Mr. Vishu Kaliappa. (He is a GEM)....

To sum up if you are looking for a Home away from Home just go there and let yourself free ...
You won't be disappointed ONE SINGLE BIT...!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sumit6787
Dear Mr.Sumit,

It gives me great happiness to read that you have written that you felt my place as your own home. That's exactly what I want everyone coming here to feel.

I'm also very glad that you felt that my place was not a strain on one's pocket a thought that always ran in my mind to make it a place that could be enjoyed by all rather than make it a place only for the bold and the beautiful. Your statement is worth to me a trillion bucks.

I'm also so happy that you were very patient to wait till we made the food for you. You are a person who is so understanding and understood that our food needed time to be cooked as everything was cooked/baked fresh.

It also gives me great joy and hapiness that you praised me. I'm on CLOUD 10 (on top of cloud 9). HaHa!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We chose this place because it was really highly rated in TripAdvisor and i really thought - "If it is so expensive it should have something good!". But unfortunately what other people found impressive was very ordinary to me and my family. The reason is that I'm very much used to old buildings of English architecture. The ancient pilot switches, the old pictures and the old chests are something I see every year when I go back to India to visit my native place. I was expecting something special after reading all the reviews. Moreover, since we asked for a room/cottage that will accommodate all 5 of us(since we had a kid) they gave us a room which is a few feet away from the main building. I think was an outhouse or manager quarters that was converted to a guest room recently. It had empty beer and liquor bottles thrown on the side and was so unimpressive that I wanted to leave the same day. But then we were able to get the Sunny side and Constantia though it meant i had to pay for two rooms now. The only thing i found commendable in the rooms, were the bathrooms. They were newly designed and good. As far as food is concerned, Sweet Rascal is not a normal restaurant or cafe. Maybe because they don't have many guests, they just cook whatever you want or ask for. You don't need a menu. And it also means they cook only after you order. It takes 2 hrs for them to prepare the food. They did not have dosa batter one night and I think they ran out of milk that evening. The staff have to come running up the slopes of the estate to your room from the restaurant(which is their office!) every time you need room service. Every single time we ordered coffee, it was dead cold when we got it. They were so understaffed that when we once called asking for dinner to be delivered in the room, the guy said room service is not available after 6 PM???? The cost is the same as GRT 3/4 star hotel. But I'm sure GRT's services and amenities would have been much better. Yeah, Vishu is a good person, socializes well and has a lot of plans for this place but that does not make it worth the money I spent. I should say I was pretty disappointed with the stay.

Pros: They claimed they were good at Italian cuisine. We ordered a few dishes with fish. They said the fish was imported. The dishes were really good. My friends warned me that food is really bad all over Yercaud. So I was kind of reluctant to go somewhere else to eat. I was pretty happy with the food.

suggestions: Do not charge such exorbitant prices for these rooms atleast in March when every other room was vacant!
Have a front desk. Having your guests call you or ur chef's cell phone for room service is kind of not cool.
You need to do something about the internet. Not once did any of my devices connect to the so called wifi.
Do the good work you are planning to do with the resort. Maybe one day it will really deserve the good ratings you have already got!

Room Tip: Go with Sunny SIde!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 699SrinivasS
regenthillside, Owner at The Regent Hill Side Villa & Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back. I now give a reply to your review.

My resort is a heritage resort and that is how it is described in the internet as well as where ever you see my resort profile. I just cannot understand what more special you expected from a building that was built in 1860 and was extensively restored by me. Just because you are used to a old building in your home town I cannot help it. Heritage is what you saw and not a building with new switches. The old photographs are part of history and the chests are part of heritage and without the paraphernilia it would not be complete as a heritage resort.

The amount of effort that I have gone to collect and get the 4000 odd old photographs and all the old collectibles and antiques is something which many would'nt dare to even attempt to do.

I did tell you all about the cottage before I took your booking and I also told you my cottage is not as good as my rooms as it was a cottage which held several avatars before I converted it into a cottage.

Coming to the empty beer and liquor bottles kept outside the cottage. I am collecting and saving the old bottles to make a glass bottle wall which would be unique to the cottage and it is not that it was there due to bad cleaning and maintainence as misunderstood by you.

Now coming to the room service. Before I took your booking itself I clearly told you that we do not give room service not after 6 PM but throughout the day, because by the time the food gets to the rooms it gets cold. Despite me telling you that we don't give room service we obliged and thus the cold coffee and the bad name.

Now coming to the comparison that you made with GRT. They charge much more than what I charge. We also have all the facilities that they have. The edge that we enjoy over them is the personalised service that I give you. People come to my place for the feel and experience that is unavailable elsewhere. For GRT it is their business, to me it is my passion and that's the reason I spend so much time with all my guests - even the statement said by you mentioned so. You had all the freedom in my place and you were even warmly welcomed into our kitchen to see how we cooked - you cannot dream of this in GRT. We even teach you how to make exotic Italian and continental dishes if you requested, an act no hotelier would have the guts to do, let alone think of.

COMING TO THE TIME FACTOR FOR THE COOKING. We do not make things earlier and store as all other hotels do. Everything is cooked fresh and that's why the long time. We also request all our guests to give a prior order so that they don't have to wait. Because of the freshness is why you enjoyed the food otherwise it would have tasted just like any other x,y,z restaurant.

I THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT YOU SAID THAT OUR FOOD WAS GOOD.

Now coming to our restaurant Sweet Rascal. We are only a month old and I did tell you about the teething troubles that we were going through. Coming to the Dosa batter - We are a restaurant that does not serve Indian cuisine and only on a special request do we make dosa's for dinner. Out of the blue you had asked for dosa and we only tried to fulfill your request by trying to get batter from outside. The mistake we did was that we tried to accomodate to your request. If we had stuck to our cuisine this comment would not have arose.

And coming to your comment about the milk. Yes we did run out of milk because the milk that we had in stock got spoilt due to the weather which is a common phenomenon in Yercaud. But we immediately got our milk stock replenished from the store 300 feet away and had milk served to you.

Now coming to the price factor, please check the rates of any other heritage property which is as well done and as mine and you would be shocked to know that they charge 3 times more. They will only have heritage and nothing else whereas my place is a total fusion combined with heritage and also excellant location. Another thing about the discount I don't believe in underselling my rooms. If I don't have my price I would not give out my rooms and I would keep them locked instead as I am not hard up for money, and I don't believe in undercutting and lowering my respect, standard and what not..................................

Thank you very much and by what you said we would definitely be top notch in a years time.

It would then be PARADIS SUR TERRE - Heavan on Earth

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A place for peace freshness and happiness. Mr vishu is one man worth all ur appreciations. His ideas n creativity is commendable. A lovely place for d select few. Its a taste worth aquiring.
Food s good...rooms are excellent ..... a fine taste of artifacts..... all in all its a place i would luv to jus live in

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ashie21
Erode, India
Reviewed April 10, 2013

simlply superb
had a good stay with different atmosphere.no words to say about the interiors.it was sooo good and neat with different type of wording and photos of older yercaud.which was amazing.
yercaud is a small town but regent hill side makes it a big place where we have to stay atleast once in life time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank balas431
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Actually we decided to go for the weekend trip very late. I called some good hotels in ooty but all were booked. Our next options were Kodai and Yercaud. As I don't want to drive too much, we chose Yercaud. We know that there weren't too many attractions at Yercaud to see in 2 days, we searched for hotel which can make our stay memorable not just offer a accommodation. We have come across Regent Hillside which seems to come close to what we wanted in yercaud.

The hotel didn't disappoint us at all. My kids liked the atmosphere. I and my wife could go back in time with Hotel's rich heritage and nostalgic history. The food was very homely and excellent, my kids really liked it. the man who is behind this hotel makes all the difference.. Mr Vishu who is creativity personified wants to offer this hotel as a unique experience rather than a good accommodation. I believe he definitely would make this one of the best heritage hotels in South India. I wish all the best for him.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family