Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels
Agoda.com
Cliff Resort(Yercaud)
Grange Resort(Yercaud)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssky walksalem heightsvalley viewglass floorthe penthousepent houseswimming poolpool view roomchef muthugrt sky roccahair pinartificial grassindoor gamesnature trailmonkey menacehuge balconyadventure games
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The property is in a good location... I stayed with my family for 2 days. Its was a real value for money... The way it is built, maintained etc is simple superb! The staff were very courteous and kind... The food also was very good...

• Stayed: August 2013
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive hard to improve the quality of our services.

We thank you once again, look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Yercaud is a hill station which is about 250 kms from Bangalore. The roads are fantastic and so the drive is effortless. We chose to visit Skyroca GRT Resort for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore and we were not disappointed at all! Starting with the amazing and picturesque highway all the way to Salem the entire trip went off without a hiccup.

As soon as we reached the hotel we had a smooth and swift check in and were escorted to our rooms. On the way we crossed the famed ‘sky walk’ which is the main attraction of the hotel. It is basically a pathway with a glass floor which looks down at the steep drop of the cliff where the hotel is situated. It also gives an amazing view of the plains down below and the town of Salem.

We were booked in the panorama view rooms which are the best! The room had a beautiful balcony with the full view of the valley. In addition to that, the room also had a section with glass flooring which was quite unique I thought. The bathroom was very creative as well with clear window and a glass flooring so that you can enjoy the views while you are in the shower! Although slightly over priced, this resort can be and should be chosen only for a one night stay. I would not recommend a longer stay here. Unless you have kids of course!

Food was good but not great, but I guess the location and the ambience of the hotel makes up for it. Do visit in the winter months (Oct-Jan) otherwise this place can get pretty hot. There is a nice swimming pool and the recreation area also has a TT table, carrom board and foosball table. Staff is generally courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the Valley
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arpita012
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience at GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found our resort great and service levels are exemplary. It is our constant Endeavour to deliver excellent services to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us and appreciation such as your increase our motivation to continuously aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed July 25, 2013

With the care they,'re taking I feel like home here and enjoy my stay.a perfect relaxing environment with good food and amenities.regards to chef muthu and his team.this is the third time I'm coming and every time I get the warm reception and proper care for food.great.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your encouraging feedback through Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive notes and very happy to know that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the hotel.

It is good to know that you felt comfortable and “well-cared for” during your stay with us the team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to strive harder for excellence and create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times since March 2013. I have reviewed the hotel after my first stay with my family and we came away mighty impressed with the hotel. Stayed again in the beginning of June 2013 and we were bit dissapointed with quality of food offered then, which I learnt later was due to the absence of the very able Exec chef, Muthu.

I again stayed towards the end of June 2013 with my kids. We really enjoyed our stay and this time we have booked the pool side room. The room is spacious with a big verandah,it has a great view of the valley, though it gets a little hot in the late evening as there is no AC. The cool Yercaud air cools the room soon as the night progresses.

I have mentioned in my first review / visit that the only shortcoming the hotel had was the absence of a gym and the monkey menace. Sure enough this time there is a gym for a good work out, though sparsely equipped. The GM Mr. Sheriff and his team actually listens/heeds to their guest's feed back and actually do something to make it happen.. Hats off to the team. I wonder how they will sort out problem number two!

The activities they organize in the evenings at the amphitheater are also very good fun.
I have again already booked rooms in the same hotel for our next vacation.

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms are the best though a little expensive. Poolside rooms are just as good though it gets a little warm in the evenings as they don't have AC, here room 702 is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us once again. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive hard to improve the quality of our services. My sincere apologies for the discomfort on food during one of your stay with us and I request you to bring it up to our attention which will help us to correct the mistake immediately and provide food as you expected right from next session. Also wish to mention that we are in the process of getting a proper gym in near future with more equipment and we will keep you posted once the same is completed. Now the weather in Yercaud is pleasant and we are expecting more rain which will bring more chillness and clouds flying around our resort.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was there with my family (wife n kid) 4-6 May.
When made my booking over the telephone and later recieved their email, I was not told that there is no lunch included. Also, I was not informed of the existance of a good package which includes one lunch etc.
During checkin, however, I was informed of the same, and had my package converted.
So far so good.
The room I was allocated was not the best in the series, which I observed. I enquired about the other room (with a bigger verandah), and my request was considered. Good, but the feeling till then was thast unless the guests ask for more information, and better options, they are not offerred the best.
The view though not direct was fine. and the room was good. The verandah had a nice large feel. The carpeting throughtout though synthetic was visually lush. The hotel though offers opportunities of fantastic views from the top floor and area.. The spread and quality of the menu in the buffet restaurant was also quite impressive, and one of the highlights of the stay. The sightseeing though not so amazing was fine with a few detours, and was part of the upgraded package. Therein, a visit to the perfumery and a detour to a nursery were the highlights.
So overall, quite good till then.
Now comes the checkout part. One of the points was the confusion due to the package upgrade. The other part was a lot of confusion regarding restaurant receipts added to my bill which did not belong to me at all. There were two which were removed once I brought them to my notice. I had paid the bill by then by card. I then realised that another amount of 300-350 had been added to my bill, though they did not have a bill attached alongwith. When I brought this to their notice, they discussed with the restaurant and insisted along with the lady in the restaurant that I had ordered it for my family. They printed a fresh receipt and and gave it to me. However, this did not help, since this was not the truth. I was extremely pissed off with such a reprehensible and poor quality checkout, and headed out without the issue resolved. It was a shame that the trip had to end on such a note.
The hotel offers good location and food, but I would recommend the guests to be cautious of the staff's confusion - these don't seem to be in control, especially the coordination between the desk and the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the top floors, and rooms more away from the lift for better views. Also not all rooms have equal sized verandahs, choose those with the bigger ones.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shailendra K

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks, also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and assure you that the respective corrective measures will be initiated with no time spared to ensure your next stay with us will be comfortable as you wished.

Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...