“Again a Great Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Yercaud
Aizawl, India
“Again a Great Stay!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times since March 2013. I have reviewed the hotel after my first stay with my family and we came away mighty impressed with the hotel. Stayed again in the beginning of June 2013 and we were bit dissapointed with quality of food offered then, which I learnt later was due to the absence of the very able Exec chef, Muthu.

I again stayed towards the end of June 2013 with my kids. We really enjoyed our stay and this time we have booked the pool side room. The room is spacious with a big verandah,it has a great view of the valley, though it gets a little hot in the late evening as there is no AC. The cool Yercaud air cools the room soon as the night progresses.

I have mentioned in my first review / visit that the only shortcoming the hotel had was the absence of a gym and the monkey menace. Sure enough this time there is a gym for a good work out, though sparsely equipped. The GM Mr. Sheriff and his team actually listens/heeds to their guest's feed back and actually do something to make it happen.. Hats off to the team. I wonder how they will sort out problem number two!

The activities they organize in the evenings at the amphitheater are also very good fun.
I have again already booked rooms in the same hotel for our next vacation.

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms are the best though a little expensive. Poolside rooms are just as good though it ge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us once again. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive hard to improve the quality of our services. My sincere apologies for the discomfort on food during one of your stay with us and I request you to bring it up to our attention which will help us to correct the mistake immediately and provide food as you expected right from next session. Also wish to mention that we are in the process of getting a proper gym in near future with more equipment and we will keep you posted once the same is completed. Now the weather in Yercaud is pleasant and we are expecting more rain which will bring more chillness and clouds flying around our resort.

We thank you once again, look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Yercaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was there with my family (wife n kid) 4-6 May.
When made my booking over the telephone and later recieved their email, I was not told that there is no lunch included. Also, I was not informed of the existance of a good package which includes one lunch etc.
During checkin, however, I was informed of the same, and had my package converted.
So far so good.
The room I was allocated was not the best in the series, which I observed. I enquired about the other room (with a bigger verandah), and my request was considered. Good, but the feeling till then was thast unless the guests ask for more information, and better options, they are not offerred the best.
The view though not direct was fine. and the room was good. The verandah had a nice large feel. The carpeting throughtout though synthetic was visually lush. The hotel though offers opportunities of fantastic views from the top floor and area.. The spread and quality of the menu in the buffet restaurant was also quite impressive, and one of the highlights of the stay. The sightseeing though not so amazing was fine with a few detours, and was part of the upgraded package. Therein, a visit to the perfumery and a detour to a nursery were the highlights.
So overall, quite good till then.
Now comes the checkout part. One of the points was the confusion due to the package upgrade. The other part was a lot of confusion regarding restaurant receipts added to my bill which did not belong to me at all. There were two which were removed once I brought them to my notice. I had paid the bill by then by card. I then realised that another amount of 300-350 had been added to my bill, though they did not have a bill attached alongwith. When I brought this to their notice, they discussed with the restaurant and insisted along with the lady in the restaurant that I had ordered it for my family. They printed a fresh receipt and and gave it to me. However, this did not help, since this was not the truth. I was extremely pissed off with such a reprehensible and poor quality checkout, and headed out without the issue resolved. It was a shame that the trip had to end on such a note.
The hotel offers good location and food, but I would recommend the guests to be cautious of the staff's confusion - these don't seem to be in control, especially the coordination between the desk and the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the top floors, and rooms more away from the lift for better views. Also not all rooms have e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shailendra K
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks, also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and assure you that the respective corrective measures will be initiated with no time spared to ensure your next stay with us will be comfortable as you wished.

Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were a family of 8 people including 3 kids, must say for sure that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at GRT Sky Rocca. We booked two rooms with panoramic views and it was simply awesome & serene overlooking the vast valley beneath us. The kids also enjoyed a lot especially - the see through flooring in the rooms, skywalk and adventure park in the resort. The staffs were very courteous and food was good. It was a great stress buster for us from the hustles and bustles of city life. The drive to the resort was awesome and the roads are well maintained too. Though nothing much to look around in Yercaud (but do try out 'The pear tree' cafe near Mont fort school) so we ended up spending more time in the resort and when we asked some locals about specific spots for good views they recommended the resort itself. We also did cycling provided by the resort and enjoyed the natural beauty around the resort. Overall, it was visit worth the money and time, and would definitely like to go back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience at GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found our resort great and service levels are exemplary. It is our constant Endeavour to deliver excellent services to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us and appreciation such as your increase our motivation to continuously aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Over looking the valley we had a nice room with a exclusive balcony and view of distant city of salem. Even though expensive as Yercaud is not Ooty or Kodaikanal the ambience, and facilities justify the price. I should say the spread of breakfast and dinner (weekends) buffet is splendid and the quality is very good.The staff where very hospitable and made our holiday worthy.

Room Tip: Panaroma room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, June 28, 2013

Chennai
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The stay at GRT Sky Roca on June 5th with my family was excellent. All the staff were friendly, right from the driver to the Chef. Food was awesome, especially the south Indian food. The ambiance was great. An ideal get away from stress after hectic work. It is located not too far from Chennai and from Salem it is just 45 minutes drive. The room is spacious, well appointed.
Great place.

Room Tip: The rooms on the old wing has good view of Salem Town. The balcony is a nice place to relax and brea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Yercaud. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. Your recognition of facilities of our resort, quality of our food and service is indeed heart warming. It will give me a great pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

We hope that GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud remains your preferred resort on all your future visits to Yercaud and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 1 night(22nd June 2013). We had booked four separate rooms for me and my friends along with the families. Excellent location and service and its really a great experience. We got the valley view rooms and it has got amazing views. Better if you book from the 3rd rooms in each floor, like in second floor go for 203, 204 and forward because the first 2 rooms will not get the view properly.
Advantages - Easy to reach, GRT Skywalk, Great food, Good Pool, Excellent play area, Good service, Very neat and tidy rooms with great balcony.
Disadvantages - Prices for room service is on a higher side, so we preferred getting it from Shevoroys restaurent nearby.

Room Tip: If you are opting for Valley view dont take rooms like 101, 102, 201, 202- The view is better on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your encouraging feedback through Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive notes and very happy to know that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the hotel.

It is good to know that you felt comfortable and “well-cared for” during your stay with us the team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to strive harder for excellence and create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Salem, India
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed with my wife in March 2013, it was a penthouse room facing the valley. The room was clean and spacious. The choice of items in the in room dining menu list is very limited and had to wait for 45 mins for the food to arrive and was not upto the mark. The swimming pool was not clean and they open the pool only at 7am which was a disappointment for me as I wanted to have a dip at 6 in the morning. The tariff is bit high for the service provided. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Also noted your concern on food and we will certainly look in to the same and initiate all corrective measures. Our standard timing for swimming pool is 07.00am till 06.00pm.