“Fantabulous stay”

Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Yercaud
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for some place near Bangalore to spend 3 days and as I have read about GRT nature trails from trip advisor . I thought of trying out .

Just 30 km from the main city . It just takes 35- 40 mins to reach here from Salem .

Husband and I booked a pent house which has a jacuzzi . First view of the resort was nothing great . But as soon as we reached our room it was just perfect . The big sit out is my favourite place in the room . First day we had our lunch there .

Best things about the resort :

8 k for a pent house with jacuzzi , it's a steal .
The staff is really helpful and smiling always .
I was coughing in the lift the guy ran and got me glass of water which was really sweet .
I must mention about the food , I never find this good food anywhere . I mean everything we order was just yummylicious .
We ordered almost all the meals of our stay in the room . They say that they will take 25 mins but it always come before that .
The view from the rooms is just amazing .

I'm writing this while I'm still here . My check out is tomorrow but since I love the place so much I wanted to give an early review .

About yerucad . Don't expect too much . There is nothing much to do / see around . My idea of vacation this time was just relaxing . So it doesn't matter to me but if you are coming thinking this place as Jill station like munnar or something then it's not the right place .

I think the only attraction here is GRT nature trails :) . Come here to unwind yourself and a relaxing holiday when you just want to spend time with your loved one .

• Stayed: April 2013
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with and experience all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcome you again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We Booked a Pent house,it was really a nice stay with GRT. Attractive big room, modern design, clean, nice Vally view. Water cooker for tea and coffee, and my child was really enjoyed with the Adventure park and Swimming pool. If you want a stay in Yercaud don't look any other hotel, location wise ,service wise I think it is the best hotel in Yercaud.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience at GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud on Trip Advisor.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited this property all of a sudden, when a friend egged us on to visit Yercaud along with them. The property is a nice one. Location is awesome. Set against the hills, the view from the Valley View rooms is amazing. At night, we could see the lights glittering in the plains below. I had witnessed a similar view, looooong back, in Manali from where I could see the lights of Shimla after dark.

The hotel is well maintained, though I need to add one thing here. There's a terrace and a skywalk which is beautiful. The terrace is covered with some synthetic stuff which looks like grass, not astroturf, something else. Our kids (1 and 2 years old) were playing there merrily when I spotted a rusty screw lying around! On looking further found three more. That was very risky. Luckily, no one was hurt. Brought it to the notice of the management who promised to take action and apologised for it. The room decor in the valley view rooms were nice. The walls had a unfinished stone clad look, which though looked good, was a bit of a concern for me since i had a baby around who was very keen on exploring everything. I was very sure that there would be a bruised nose and face, since he has this habit of rubbing his face onto everything, but luckily nothing happened. So all good :)

The buffet spread was elaborate, to say the least. Taste was okay, nothing special. The breakfast spread had croissant, danish and other baked goodies. I am disappointed to say this but they seriously need to do something about their baking. The croissants were stiff and hard like anything and so were the danish pastries. Otherwise it was okay. The restaurant did not serve a la carte though, maybe because the place was full...i guess, it made more sense on their part to opt for the buffet. You could order a la carte only if you were taking room service, which i did one afternoon. Because eating buffet meals thrice a day was a bit too much! Room service was pretty fast. The restaurant service was very good.

But the housekeeping department needs to improve. We had to keep on reminding them to clean our room. Finally when they arrive, they take out the dirty towels but don't put new ones. There was a spill on our floor, thanks to my one year old, and we requested housekeeping to clean it up. Nobody turned up and finally I myself cleaned it up.These are not big issues but once such minor things are taken care of, it makes the experience so much more pleasant.
There are lots of activities. The men in our group let us relax in peace one afternoon when they busied themselves with table tennis and fussball :) There's a swimming pool as well and the kids had fun. But the water was cold in the morning. Would have been good if the pool was temperature controlled. The mini pool for babies is pretty good. There were some activities also in the evenings...bonfire n all in the amphitheatre...but we were out at the time...

Overall it was a good stay and we had a lot of fun. It's equally good for groups and couples. Nothing can beat the view :)

Room Tip: Avoid room 207. The balcony is just a narrow strip.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive hard to improve the quality of our services. We also made a note of your concern on house keeping services and assure you that we will certainly initiate necessary corrective measures and the same will be rectified with immediate effect.

We thank you once again, look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Yercaud best to be visited in rainy season and cold season.

This resort is at very good location. You will have view of valley from your balcony itself. Awesome location and indeed very good property.
* location , property and staff --- 5/5

Room are good but some problem we faced, like shower, water drainage and no stopper in window . I too valley view room , it's superb.
* room --- 4/5

Food became a problem , it was not according to price, it was o.k
* food --- 3/5

* I don't want to blame it to hotel, untill I am completely sure . I just want to bring in notice of manager that I took morning free breakfast given by hotel, and after 3 hr when I was returning I vomitted ( I guess French toast ). I would request to manager please check if they are giving fresh food or not. My driver was also complaining that he took meal in night and that was stale. ..... Or may be I just suffered from bad health, so I won't put blame on hotel.

Room Tip: I liked valley view room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks, also noted the points you have highlighted with concern and assure you that the respective corrective measures will be initiated with no time spared to ensure your next stay with us will be comfortable as you wished.

Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

sheriff@grthotels.com

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really enjoyed one night stay here. Very clean and well maintained and excellent view from the hotel balcony. Like the concept of glass floor and artificial grass floor in the balcony and terrace. Food was good, specially the in room dining menu.

Room Tip: Select valley view or panoramic view rooms if you enjoy nature. These rooms are spacious, well maint...
1  Thank Sourindra
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last winter, a bunch of us went away for a long weekend to this lovely place!

The property is well maintained, and in addition to the amenities one would expect of a place of this nature, (swimming pool, library, indoor game room, restaurant and lounge bar, play area) Nature Trails includes facilities like an amphitheatre and conference room, which would make it ideal for a corporate offsite too.

We stayed in the rooms with a pool view. They're spacious and have a decent sized balcony that offered an enchanting view of the Shevaroy hills in the background and the small but clean swimming pool at the resort. The recliner is a bonus, especially if you're planning to curl up with a book. The bathroom has a see-through wall, great if you're a couple but not to worry, if you're a bunch of coworkers, the blinds can stay down ;)

The service was good, the staff that we interacted with is friendly, courteous and fluent in English.

The restaurant offers a lunch buffet... Good spread but the usual standard fare. I didn't try the non vegetarian dishes but was told the kheema curry was yummy. and so was the biryani. The salad and dessert counters had quite a few options... both Indian and Continental while the main course was mainly Indian. The pineapple noodles for those who might want something 'hatke' or different, was interesting, but I don't fancy pineapples in chowmein.

Unfortunately, there are no a la carte options unless you're ordering room service. It worked out fine for us during dinner time. I loved that phulkas were on the menu!

Breakfast buffet: South Indian dishes staples like dosa, idly and pong all. Loved the Khara chutney. The bhaji served with the puris could've been better, and the puris less oily and less crisp. The usual suspects - baked potato, baked beans, chicken sausages, bread and eggs, variety of fruits and fruit juices. Again, no complaints.

The resort had organised a bonfire on Saturday night, at the amphitheatre, by a small bonfire. The host was a enthusiastic young man, and the kids and adults loved the games he had planned for the evening. Oh, and the lovely skywalk where the restaurant and lounge bar are located offered great views of the hills.

The game room overlooks the swimming pool has a table tennis table, a treadmill, carom, chess, pool table and foosball. So the kids and their dads had something to do while the ladies relaxed. The swimming pool is recreational, and has a decent toddler pool. My only grouse- the water is cold, I wish it was temperature controlled.

All in all, a fun place, great for large groups, or couples only. I'll definitely return to Nature Trails in the summer... the water in the pool's too cold in the winter.... Brrr! ;)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank DeeTripping

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your encouraging feedback through Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive notes and very happy to know that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the hotel.

It is good to know that you felt comfortable and “well-cared for” during your stay with us the team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to strive harder for excellence and create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked this property through make my trip...and the experience was awesome. We took panorama view room...it's quite spacious with balcony and a great valley view. The food is also very good... On request they also provide less spicy food for toddlers. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Only thing they don't have spa facility...but still we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ashley86_10
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you found our resort great and service levels are exemplary. It is our constant Endeavour to deliver excellent services to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us and appreciation such as your increase our motivation to continuously aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us. We are already in the process of adding gym and spa which will be completed shortly and announced in our website.