Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels
$75
Grange Resort(Yercaud)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssky walksalem heightsvalley viewglass floorthe penthousepent houseswimming poolpool view roomchef muthugrt sky roccahair pinartificial grassindoor gamesnature trailmonkey menacehuge balconyadventure games
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Duration : 8/December/2012 to 9/December/2012 - 2days & 1 night.
Value for money : Excellent - 5 / 5
Staff Experience : Excellent - 5 / 5
Overall Rating : Excellent - 5 / 5

This was my first time visit to Yercaud & GRT Nature Trails. Overall I was really disappointed with Yercaud, there's nothing much to do there. However the GRT Nature Trails has nothing do with that, talking about this Resort it was one of the Best/Awesome place I every stayed. I stayed in the Panoramic Room 402, The glass floors in the Room & the Bathroom is a great idea. I do see that the other rooms have bigger balcony compared to the Panoramic View rooms. The Quality of the Bed in the room is great, The toilet was clean and the room is very spacious. The location of the Hotel is simply superb and the pool is well maintained. I had a nice dip in the pool. The play area and Amphitheater looks neat.

The Food served at the Hotel is very good & delicious. There's a lot to choose, there's everything for everyone to fit their taste. The complimentary Breakfast Buffet has been stretched an extra mile. Though its complimentary they have made sure they have variety in that aswell which is a very good gesture. The Staff is very kind, courteous & hospitality is great. Sky walk looks great, This would be a great weekend getaway. I think this resort is for everyone The Senior Citizens, Youth, Kids, Honey moon couples, Travelers, Business, Casual Visit, Family get away.

The only thing that I did not like is the Booking process, They asked me to provide a credit card details to hold a room for me. The online booking showed full on the website but when I called them they had availability. I said I can transfer an advance amount but they insisted for a credit card. I understand this might be a policy to have a card on file, However I did not like this process.

Things that I liked :
1) Everything : The Food, The Ambiance, Location, Room, Bathroom, Pool, Sky Walk, Staff..

Things that I did not like :
1) Booking Process

I was here to celebrate my 1st Year Wedding Anniversary & I must tell you my wife & I enjoyed our stay here. This really made our Anniversary memorable, Thanks to GRT Nature Trail. I would highly recommend anyone to stay in this Hotel, I will keep visiting this Hotel in the future.. A big Thumbs up to GRT Nature Trails..

Room Tip: Take the Panoramic Room..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank live2travelAJ
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Yercaud. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. Your recognition of facilities of our resort, quality of our food and service is indeed heart warming. It will give me a great pleasure to share your compliments with the team. I also made a note of your concern about reservation process and wish to mention that we collect the credit card details as just a gurantee against the booking and we use the same only in case of retention charges against cancellation after the cutoff period or noshow.

We hope that GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud remains your preferred resort on all your future visits to Yercaud and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Relaxing place to go with kids and family.A nice hill station and a good resort experience. We did not move around but enjoyed the resort for 2days. You can go a trail round the resort which itself is good.It was worthwhile to to spend there.We hired a car from B'lore.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nagavidya
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Decided to chose this Hotel for our 2 night stay in Yercaud mainly because of the excellent reviews in tripadvisor. And of course it turned out to be a pretty good experience. Checked into GRTon 28th Nov for 2 nights with my family (wife & daughter), chose the Panorama view room (Room No: 106) which had an awesome view of the valley from balcony apart from its unique glass floor in a small portion of the room... I hadn't done any advanced booking since it was mid week (check-in on Wed) and I came to know from hotel reception earlier that rooms are pretty much available. Check-in was smooth, room was pretty much spacious, clean and neat. Bathroom was also quite big and clean.. The location of the hotel and its surroundings are pretty much scenic, highlight being the famed skywalk and the view points from the balcony.. Early Mornings and evenings were quity chilly with temperatures ranging between12-15C and a walk around the hotel surroundings including the skywalk was a superb experience!! One thing I would like to highlight here is the attitude of the entire hotel staff who were always willing to help us with smiles and wishes every single time they met. The hotel has a nice swimming pool (with pictuersque views), recreation room (with fuzball, TT and Pool table) and a nice little children's area equipped with some adventure stuff like hanging ladders etc.. My 3 & half year old daughter enjoyed every bit of the stay her delights being the pool and the children's area. Complimentary breakfast was included in our stay and boy, the food was really tasty especially the south indian fare. We tried dinner as well and I would seriously recommend to try out their Sizzlers which was just awesome.. On suggestion from the chef we tried out the Brownie Sizzler with vanilla icecream as topping for the desert and it was just out of the world!! .. All in all though Yercaud itself has little to offer in terms of sight-seeing the stay in GRT Nature trails made our stay in this nice little sleepy city all the more enjoyable.. Small concern I had was with the wi-fi connectivity though I used this only once, the network was pretty bad. The hotel is located at 20th Hair Pin bend and is hardly a KM from the Emerald lake which is like centre of the town.

Room Tip: Would recommed travelers to choose panorama view rooms as they are slightly bigger, comfortable and provide an awesome view of the valley.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank prasanth s
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

We also made a note of your concern on wire free internet service which I wish to mention that there are some issues with service provider (BSNL) and they are on the job to rectify the same.

We all look forward to welcome you again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a day,absolutely wonderful experience.Since there are nothing to do in yercaud the hotel need to be good if not we will regret for the trip.If it is GRT there is no disappointment,The only suggestion would be they can increase the size of Salem rocks bar and poor cellphone coverage.

Absolutely enjoyed it,Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room no 402 for couples
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with and experience all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your suggestion of expanding the bar is right on time as we are already in the plan of renovating our restaurant and expanding the bar. Also we are working out with Airtel to boost their signals near our resort to enhance easy communication.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to our resort and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a night and had a brief drinks with friends after my wedding. This is a good place if you have your own transport.

I liked the black stone building, the design of the rooms and interiors are pleasant for a good change.

Though there is very little to do in Yercaud, it is worth a drive around the estates.

Room Tip: Get a room with the mountain view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted in Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedback and I shall certainly share the same with my team which will be a great motivation for them. Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...