“A pleasant and memorable experience”
Review of Sterling Yercaud

Sterling Yercaud
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Yercaud
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The twin apartment where we stayed gave us a good scenic view of the valley... and the small trailing vehicles in the hairpin bends. The best thing about the hotel is their hospitality and well behaved staffs who were always forthcoming to help us...

Most of the places to be visited in Yercaud are very nearby from this hotel. As read in some of the reviews about monkey trouble we too had monkeys visiting our apartment balconies for food but these unwelcome guests were kept at bay by the hotel staffs... The rooms were neat and tidy, toilets were clean... A decent children play area, good entertainment at the bonfire at night and an OK indoor activity area... Food was good, they serve a buffet lunch for approx Rs 300/-

One recommendations for improvement is; Too many stairs to be scaled to reach the rooms... so a big no for elderly people. The hotel need to think seriously of some oldies friendly means to go around the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ifbn

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I, Deepak and my wife Rekha and Kid Aryan visited Yercuad resort from 25 th May to 2 nd June 2012. During our stay we were very comfortable.. The entire staff was very helpful and cooperative. We were always greeted with smile. Good House keeping,clean and neat blankets. The staff was very alert and responsive.Thanks for every thing and your inquiring about us for any problem. This time the restaurant served us with good dishes though without wine we enjoyed the food. We had very good time and it was worth traveling all the way from Mumbai to Coimbatore and to Yercuad....Thanks we have decided to come again next year.

Only small problem is the restaurant is slight costly,would recommend to have rates on par with Yercuad hotels.

On behalf of my family, I would like to thank you and all your people at Sterling Yercuad for having provided us with a great stay earlier this month. You and your staff Mr Satish K,Gunashekar,Jayant John have here more than made it up with fantastic hospitality and service with a smile. We had a lovely time there and we left from Yercuad and Sterling, vowing to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Select Valley View location
Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Deepak6317
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I visited this property with my wife and son in april and was very much happy with the experience.

I have been to to other properties of sterling(ooty,kodai) but this was the best of them.
The rooms have been renovated and resembles a 4 star property.
As there are not much places to see in yercaud we spent most of the time in the property itself.
There was evening activities like camp fire and the recreation room was gud.Fud was little expensive

Would luv to visit again!

Room Tip: ask for valley view rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank samson_999
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed here with my son in April 2012. This hotel is value for money for members of this time share resort; it has great views of the plains, same as Lady's Seat. The food, the speed and style of room service are great. The monkeys come into the room looking for left over food if doors or the grill-less windows are kept open; with a cooler climate than the plains, it defeats the purpose if you have to shut yourself in. I have seen a few other hotels elsewhere draping almost invisible nets over the balcony to prevent monkeys and birds from disturbance. Similarly, aluminium near-maintenance-free nets in windows to prevent insects but allow fresh, crisp mountain air will be good. Elderly guests or people with arthritis take the risk of having to climb stairs for almost everything from entering the room. The lift had failed when we were there. Unlike some other Sterling Holiday resorts, here they do not have a place for drivers to sleep. Based on Google map, I had planned to drive down from Yercaud through the northern side to link direct to the Hosur-Bangalore NH7 but an experienced bus driver told me that only a 4-wheel drive off-road vehicle can manage this since about 6km on that road is not suitable for cars. One normally expects all this to be shown in the map sent by the hotel when they send the booking confirmation packet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rama1946
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We, myself, wife and 4yr old son, stayed at Sterling and we had a wonderful experience.
Location : Wonderful, full valley view, very close to rose garden, lady’s seat. We like the location very much; it is really amazing the way the resort was built.
Rooms: Rooms are pretty good and just got renovated. Almost all rooms have very good valley view. Since we traveled in the off season, we got suit room for the cost of a normal room. The room we stayed was a duplex, living come dining in the ground floor and Bed room with balcony in the first floor. And we got a tree with full flowers just in front of our balcony.
Hospitality: Staffs are very attentive. Since the renovation work was just over, many of the stuffs in the rooms was not in order and on our request they made it ready immediately
Food: It is good, not so great. Items were limited for lunch. Dinner was buffet and that had a decent variety.
Recreation: There is a recreational room with decent variety of items, including some tri-cycles for the children. You can get a normal cycle for rent to roam around (it would be good if they can provide a geared one). They even arranged some programs in the open auditorium, could not make it as we came back late.

There are few areas where we had concerns and we had already shared with the front desk, hopefully they would have addressed by now. I sharing them for the benefit of others

There were lots of construction work was happening (thanks to the renovation activity going on), and we had to move from the initial room another one
Since we were the first inmates for the room we stayed after the renovation, there were lots of dust, we had to get it cleaned before we move in (thanks to the house keeping who immediately came with a vacuum cleaner and removed all dusts to the extent they can)
Cable Connection and Geyser was not working. Electrician had to come couple of times to get that fixed.
All of these are temporary problems and I hope that they would have addressed it by now.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I travelled to the Sterling resort on a company Organized trip which included the family members of all the collegues. I was primarily responsible for arranging the trip and what lay ahead was a pleasant surprise.

I got in touch with the resort manager - Mr. Thangadurai and he was my SPOC right from the day our communication began till we left the resort. I must commend the professionalism with which he communicated to me and got all the arrangements done as per my needs.

We reached Yercaud early in the morning (6 a.m.), though we had promised we will reach there by 8. Still, the staff there was completely unfazed by our early arrival and to my surprise alloted all the required rooms to us within no time.

We stayed at the resort for two days and the staff made every possible attempt to make our stay worthwhile. This was all the more important as both the days the weather was bad, and we were not able to go out of the resort.

The following points summarize my happiness staying in the resort:
1. Mr. Thangadurai was utmost professional in the way he approached our bookings.
2. The staff was very courteous and accomodative of the fact that we reached earlier than promised.
3. The food and beverage manager was prompt in arranging all the required items as and when wanted.
4. Though bonfire was not possible due to bad weather, the event manager organized events for families and kids and we were really pleased with the whole event management.
5. The rooms were neat and clean inspite of the constant rain.

All in all the trip was a memorable one just because of the hospitality of the Sterling Resort manager and staff.

Room Tip: The location of the resort is simply breathtaking, and I wish we had clearer weather. I would recomm...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MayankParmar
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great Place to relax & spend a awesome holiday ...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple