“In the middle on nowhere”

The Falcon At Hatton - Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hatton B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice friendly staff, but the hotel is in the middle of nowhere the bar and restuarant is lovely and the food wonderful, but once you are there you have nowhere to go unless you drive to Warwick. The price does not justify what you get because it is so far out. The breakfast was terrible stale bread rolls in the fridge out of date milk 2nd July we stayed the 7th with cereal on the counter. The apple was all crinkly and dried up too.

If you want a good meal although expensive in a friendly place great but the hotel side lets this place down badly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freddy015

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in May 2012 en-route to Warwick. We were a last minute walk-in and the staff could not have been more helpful. They had one room left as there was a wedding the next day. The room was comfortable and clean, there was breakfast provisions of cereal, pastry, yoghurt and tea/coffee in the room. The bathroom was clean, the towel rail had heated the room so much we had to open a window at night. Dinner in the restaurant exceeded all expectation, it was excellent and well priced, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The staff again were more than helpful even though they were very busy they never made us feel rushed. Would highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the road to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited the falcon with my family as a one off for a get together one Saturday evening. We had never been before. I looked at the menu online a few weeks ago, but when we arrived the menu was totally different. We were informed by the young man who greeted us, who was very polite, that the place had just been taken over and that although the menu had changed, we wouldn't be disappointed. To be honest he wasn't wrong. The food was fantastic and great value for money. The staff were helpful in helping me choose what to order as i couldn't decide between lamb or steak and do not regret taking the steak option. We ordered our food and received our starters within 10 minutes. The service could not have been better. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My children and I came to stay in Warwickshire for the jubilee weekend as we have family close by. We reserved 2 rooms at the Falcon and on arrival were greeted by the owner who explained he had taken over from the old owners a couple of weeks previously. He greeted us very warmly and check in was easy and hassle free.

On entering the rooms I could see they were both clean and tidy and would more than cater for us the 2 nights we were staying for. The rooms were bright and spacious and the en suite bathrooms were also spacious and clean and tidy.

We went for dinner in the restaurant that night and found the service we received to be very professional and helpful. While the adult menu was varied and interesting I felt that the children's menu could have been a little more adventurous but having said that my children found it more than ok and ate everything put in front of them.

The service was fairly quick and the food itself was delicious and fresh tasting. Certainly I would eat here again and would bring friends with me next time.

Our nights sleep was good, the occasional noise from the road may bother some people but it didn't bother us.

The continental breakfast which was left in the fridge for us to help ourselves to consisted of cereal, yogurts, fresh fruit, croissants and tea and coffee. Is was nice that we could have breakfast at our own leisure instead of being tied to specific times like some hotels.

The second nights stay was just as good as the first and my children really enjoyed our little break away.

Although the new owner had only just taken over, I think if he continues the way he is then the falcon will do very well indeed. A lovely place to stay with friendly staff and a real homely environment

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't think it's entirely fair to write a bad review of this place, as when we stayed there it had just been taken over by new management and the new pub landlord seemed genuinely keen to ensure we had a comfortable stay. So hopefully the couple of small issues we had - and they were only very small - would be rectified by this new management.

The rooms alongside the pub advertise themselves clearly as 'motel-style' and this is exactly what you get. At the time of booking, our room was £45 per night and I think this was excellent value for our stay - it was a comfortable and spacious room with a small but serviceable en-suite bathroom. It perfectly catered for our needs. However, the price of a night's stay rose to £60 just after we booked, and although still good value there is some stiff competition with other 'inns with rooms' in the area.

My main gripe was the curtains in the room. Because you're in motel-style accomodation, the door of your room comes straight off the car park, which means that your windows can be looked into by everyone coming and going to the pub (there are a few upstairs rooms available too - might stay in these next time!). The curtains were very thin and barely met in the middle, meaning that if you're getting dressed in the morning you feel a bit exposed. And they let in the sunlight from dawn onwards too.

The second morning we were there, the breakfast that we'd been left (which is ok - nothing special, but alright) was missing the pastries. The landlord was apologetic when we told him and offered us a free dinner in the pub but we don't live in the area.

The bath tap also dribbled (noisily) non-stop, despite our best efforts to turn it off! Again, I think this was probably a lack of care from the previous pub landlord, and we flagged it up with the new guy who hopefully will be getting the rooms in better condition.

Probably the most frustrating thing was that a group of us stayed at the Falcon when attending a wedding down the road, and on the first night of our stay we were looking forward to dinner and drinks at the pub (the food's supposed to be good), but when we checked in we were told that food was only served 12-4 on Sundays, and then when we went to get a drink around 6, the pub had stopped serving drinks too! So we had to all pile into cars and drive down the road for dinner. Kind of a shame, since we were a few strides from our rooms and they could have got some healthy earnings out of us eating three-courses and drinking a few pints. It would also have been great if they'd done a cooked breakfast, and let us stay in our rooms a little longer (check-out is 10.30am) post-wedding...

I hope that these issues were merely teething problems, and that the new management tarts the rooms up a bit, keeps the pub open and is a bit more savvy about their accommodation. I'd go back and try another night's stay, and it's a great location for Warwick and Stratford.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpanishSneeze
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This establishment is a favourite of mine when I'm working away from home, and need somewhere out of town to unwind, sup and dine, enjoy a friendly atmosphere and good service, and get my head down to a cosy bed for the night . The rooms are across the car park in a converted single storey building which gives it a motel feel, easy to park and quick getaway if you're planning an early start next day. This isn't the traditional type B & B where you would be served breakfast in a dining area, but the rooms are amply equipped with a diy breakfast of juices, milk, yogurt, fresh fuit and cereals. The main event is the evening meal and the food is delicious. The menu is always interesting, and I've always been really satisfied with my selection. The restaurant is popular and might be busy at times, although a meal in the bar area is still a good option There's an outdoor lounge/ patio area to the rear of the bar which is great for socialising and eating or just checking into email to finish up paperwork for the day, and beyond that extends a small garden which backs onto corn fields into which a footpath adjacent to the property will lead you across to the little church. I've always found the rooms to be clean and very comfortable, and the only drawback for some will be the proximity of an A road from Warwick going towards Solihull. In winter not an issue, but in summer, I like to leave a window open for air, and this means putting up with a degree of traffic noise. I find an extra glass of merlot before bed takes care of this quite nicely. I think for the price this is an excellent hostelry and a good stop for refuelling and recharging the batteries when on the road, although I have to insist on pointing out that is an analogy and no petrol station nearby.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shower only, some have a bath - state your preference if you have one when booking a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Made a booking and received confirmation, as I was going to be arriving around 7ish out if courtisey rang to advise. Phone was answered by an Austalian female who very rudely told me I couldn't possibly gave a booking as they were already fully booked. Advised I had a confirmation in front of me and confirmed the confirmation number. This person could only be described as arrogant and down right rude. Told me again there was no booking for me and nothing she could do. I asked what I should do as I was now travelling down with no room to stay in. She kindly said that would be ok as she wouldn't take the charge of my card- really helpful not! Rang back again after several attempts and spoke to Tom who advised they had no one in charge. This place lacks customer care and organisation avoid risking a booking you won't get a bed for the night!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank nurse137
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatton
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Haseley Coach House Motel
Rose and Crown
Rose and Crown
#2 of 24 in Warwick

Been to The Falcon At Hatton - Hotel? Share your experiences!