“You won't be disappointed”
Review of Cook & Barker

Cook & Barker
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Churchtown uk
“You won't be disappointed”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice bar,informal. Good rooms as described Good staff v clean
Dinner served well, good menu and wine. Nice breakfast on the whole very good value

Visited June 2013

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Good For Lunch”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place seems to have the best reputation of any restaurant in the area; after the lunch we had, it certainly seems to be up there. Good food, lovely place, nice people and good service.

Visited June 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Feast For A King”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

On Sunday evening, my wife and I visted The Cook & Barker for a meal and decided on the 'Special Menu' (need I say not for the first time). Although the restaurant was quiet, it did not lack atmosphere. My wife decided to start with the pork belly - I went for the crab and prawns (both were melt in the mouth moments). This was followed with the speciality of the house, the roast lamb, accompanied by fresh vegetables. By the time we had finished this, we were absolutly full but this did not stop us trying a substantial cheese board (although we asked for a 15 minute break). All this with a bottle of house rose (which was very good) for the princely sum of £45 ....... a feast for a king and at a good honest price.

A big thanks to Claire and the staff for making the visit to the Cook and Barker another success.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Crestfallen”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Somewhere we have been a number of times on journeys between Edinburgh and Newcastle and had great food. Not today though. I sent my lamb pattie starter back as it was raw in the middle. It returned tough, overcooked and tasteless. My tenner main of lamb and mariepoux veg amounted to one slice of carrot 32 frozen peas, a small piece of broccoli and a slice of tomatoes. To make it worse I asked for mint sauce and had to ask again when it had not arrived after 10 minutes. Dyke neuk next time.

• Visited June 2013
Cromer, United Kingdom
“Northumberland Finest”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Whilst staying in Alnwick visiting Northumberland for the first time we dined at the Cook & Barker Inn in Newton on the Moor just a couple of miles away. This beautiful inn is hidden away from the old A1 and I wouldn't have known about it without trip advisor. The dining experience was wonderful, great service and superb food. Well done.

• Visited May 2013