“beauiful hotel”
Review of Celtic Ross Hotel

Celtic Ross Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosscarbery
Reviewed July 1, 2013

from the moment we booked to when we lefted we had excellent friendly service maxine was so helpful booked a taxi to bring us to our party taxi driver john lewis told us some of the history around rosscarbery great service anyone looking for a lovely place to stay go to the celtic ross hotel value for money great staff beauiful hotel we ll be back

Room Tip: we had a lovely room facing the sea asked for a room near the ground and got what we wanted
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phil m

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 children. Staff really welcoming. Really friendly with my children and even one lovely lady (member of staff) giving them a treat of chocolate bars. Rooms were basic but clean. Also where our room was located it was very quiet, a great plus not to be woken up by noise outside the bedroom! Children loved the pool. A lovely size. Breakfast was lovely.
We ate in the bar on first night but found portions for the adult not large enough. I wasn't that hungry when I ordered a chicken wrap that came with chips, but it didn't fill me. Chip portions very small.
Also I had a treatment in the Holisitc Suite. It is small and I felt a bit rushed but i was cross afterwards as I read description of my treatment and it said it included a relaxing foot massage which I did not get. I paid €35.00 for Callus Peel and a Toe nail paint (no shape). I was disappointed when i did not get the foot massage (I got cream rubbed in after peel, but no massage, it took seconds rubbing in cream). Maybe if I hadn't looked for my nails to be painted they might have had the time. Therapist was friendly. Great stay though and definitely will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Wasp35
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just back from a 4 night stay in The Celtic Ross Hotel with my husband and our 11 month old baby girl. We had a wonderful stay there. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather for the time we were staying there. The hotel is located in a beautiful setting, perfect base for touring around West Cork. We found that the staff were just excellent - they got to know us & could not do enough for us. I would highly recommend this hotel for a break in West Cork. Food, staff & service just excellent. A special mention for Kathy on reception, Una in the restaurant and the blond girl who sterilised our baby's bottles for us each morning, they were just lovely! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to West Cork.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rajacc
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Superb value for money. This hotel completely surpassed all of our expectations and we're kind of fussy when it comes to room and food standards. We booked it on a whim and did nt really have great expectations.As it turns out we had a ball and would definitely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys greal food, good clean
rooms with a pool in a quiet coastal village. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Tedzer
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Check in was possible nice and early, request for cot no problem, particularly pleasant and welcoming reception (Kathy), room very nice, clean and a great view!

Bar for dinner was excellent; food good, nice atmosphere, helpful staff, plenty of space.

Nice little swimming pool.

Overall a great stay for this family and will be back soon hopefully!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mlane10
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just Came back from the night away at that nice hotel.
We didnt have a booking but decided to stop by as views around were amaizing.
Reception staff was extremly friendly, Our dinner was included and to be Honest - could not fault it in any way, taste and presentation wise top class.

My only complainet would be about one of the memeber of staff(slim girl with dark hair,speaking very loudly all the time). When our dinner was finished, we were asked if we want a to have a look at the dessert menu, I was already to full but really wanted a cup of cofe , when I asked for it I was told in rather arrogant way" You will get that with your dessert ok !" which i did not think was the right way to deal with anyone, and for me explanation -they were busy would not work - as you always can find time to say it in a nice way if you had a time to say it in the rude way. My partner ordered dessert, which was really good and I ordered only coffee, AGAIN which I waited for another 10 min.
There were two other staff woking that night, both really friendly.

I know that you should not be looking at the hotel through one staff that is why I still gave them 5 as To my opinion they offer loads for the value and I would definitly come back and recommened it to anyway.

Great job

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zaba1985
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Breakfast at this hotel is self-service...Came into breakfast at 10am on Sat morning. Sign at door to say "Wait to be seated". One waiter on duty with a full breakfast room. Left standing for a while at the door as there was no one to seat us. The waiter on duty came over and told us to take a seat and that breakfast was self-service. When I went to get brekfast there was practically nothing left. Ask for srambled egg and waited almost a half hour. Other guests in the breakfast line complained that it was worse the day before. Very disappointing....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline L
GMCRH, General Manager at Celtic Ross Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hello Caroline L,

I see your review and note your comments with regret. I am sure you mean Sunday morning, as Saturday morning at 10 am was quiet. It was busy on Sunday morning with most guest arriving around 10 - 10.15am, and the five staff on duty were busy serving guest requests and resetting tables, my apologies that you had to wait for a few minutes to be seated. Our hot buffet is self service and we constantly replenish food through out the morning, so that the food is constantly cooked fresh, and sometimes, there may be a little delay as one food item may be in sudden demand as guests choose directly from the buffet counter.

Thanking you

Christopher Byrnes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosscarbery
The West Cork Hotel
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Fernhill House Hotel
Fernhill House Hotel
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty

Been to Celtic Ross Hotel? Share your experiences!