Our stay at Sandal Whitehouse Dec 30-Jan 6th for our 35th wedding aniversary was Really great, lots of good stuff /kudos about it on every level to report to everyone at Sandals , as well as to friends and family. Sandals did a spectacular job on New Years Eve for every age group( this is an adults only resort).
There is only one BUT and this is a Very BIG BUT for me .There was no Jamaican Rum to be had at any of the bars at SANDALS Whitehouse, we even hired our own taxi Driver and went over to Negril Sandals (to check it out for our next trip to Jamaica)and there was no JAMAICAN Rum there either. By the way Sandals Whitehouse was Great and we would will go to Negril one day with our younger( 30 something) adult children if they should come along as they would love the Rest of Negril's night life.
We like the peace, quiet and Elegance of Sandals Whitehouse.
We have gone to Jamaica at least 25 times since our honey moon in 1975 (we love the Jamaican People, Jamaican food and the Jamaican Experience).
This was my first time with Sandals in all the years of going to Jamaica and I would most definately like to go with Sandals again. You far out shone any of the other Resorts/Hotels in Jamaica and many other parts of the Caribbean for us that we have stayed at. We live to travel and have over 180 places we have been to around the world and some of them multiple times, and we just love Jamaica, and Sandals you do a GREAT JOB for Jamaica.
BUT I don’t want to be drinking Rum from Guyana, if I did, I would expect to get it if I was visiting Guyana not Jamaica. If you have had a falling out with Jamaican Appleton Rum Factory, then how about Meyers Jamaican Rum, or Sangsters or any other Jamaican Rum, Appleton is mine and my wife's rum of choice anywhere I am in the world. When a person travels to Jamaica they expect to get Jamaican Rum, and by far it is TOTALLY Superior to the Guyanese Rum you served us, The Jamaican Bartender s were embarrassed each time he had to explain to a Guest at the bar. This became a topic of conversation with total strangers/guests whom had just arrived or had been there for a while,.. without my wife and I starting the conversation. There was no acceptable excuse.
We all assumed it was for no other reason but to get the Rum Cheaper, it most certainly is not a better rum. I can tell as I am a rum drinker, I won’t even go anywhere near Barcardi either as it is inferior to Appleton Rum in my opinion. We saw a lot of other TOP shelf liquor an wondered why all this other great choices but no Jamaican Rum, Hmm!
Now that we are older and have experienced a lot of travel and places we have decided that out of the
Whole Caribbean Experience there are two places that we go back to it is Jamaica of course and
Turks and Caicos Islands. How about putting a Sandals there, I’m sure it would be successful as well.
I know that you have a Beaches Resort there in PROVO TCI but Sandals for Adults is what we are now interested in, quieter. Please truly consider bringing back the Jamaican Rum.
This will decide our future decisions.
G and D Smith
PS: You introduce us to Taxi Driver Carrington of Stylish Tours (he was hired by Sandals to transport us to the Sandals Resort on the 30th )and he was great , we liked him so much that we added him to our other iphone contacts for Jamaica as we tend to stay with people that do a great job. We did hire him 2 more times on our own while in Jamaica, we devated our scheduled flight from returning on the 6th and went to another part of the island and returned on the 13th instead and therefore used him on our own., he is a great ambassador for Jamaica and Sandals and told the other persons so much about Jamaica and things to do and the must do's. We enjoyed him immensely so did the other persons we were with too. I hope you use him more in the future, some taxi drives just Drive and don’t add anything to the experience, Taxi Drives everywhere could learn how to do a great Job from Carrington.
By the way we and others tend to tip well for a great trip. He even stopped at a closed gas station( our plane was late by about 2 hours that incoming day) and he talked the station manager into opening up so one of our passengers could use the ladies room. He nor the Gas station manager would accept any tips for that service. Jamaican Hospitality once again.
Oh I could go on but by now you get the point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica