Had a great trip to whitehouse everything was very good for Jamaica only issue was the wait for tables at dinner. each restaurant was different but ranged from 40 mins to 2 hrs. While waiting noticed abiut 30% of tables vacant. Was told that the consierges had reserved them. When asked about the no reservations policy was told that doesn't apply to the consierges.
Next night was in line at neptunes and same story. As we walked up lots of people waiting and one couple just in front of us. The maitre d said to him sorry the wait is 1 hr and 20 mins. The guys says "oh Roland our concierge told us to come at 7". The maitre d says welcome .....come right in. When the maitre d comes back he says to me and my wife sorry the wait is 1 hr 30 mins. I say Roland told us to come at 7. It was 7:15. They say welcome ... come right in.
So it worked everywhere every day.
Only issue was at the main bar. "D Wayne" is the leader and unless you float him a $5 handshake everyday you get really bad service. If you stand there with your drink at the bar he and his guys operate very well and you can see them get good tips from their best customers. He also announces when the boss is coming or watching. So take some fives or you will wait until all the good customers are served.
I have been to Jamaica and all over the carribean many times and have no problem with how things work or tips but some of the comments on this site are not what we experianced
A final note. The airport lounge and transfer is great. Yes a long 2 hr ride and several bumpy areas but the road was much better than to Negril last year. We arrived with 3 other couples that we met on the bus ride. We all sat in the lobby while they did the normal check in. Suggest If you can check in advance must be at least 4 days before travel.
The front desk staff came out with a package for my wife and I within 5 minutes all pre checked in. He then advised the 3 other couples that they had no reservations and they must be staying in Sandals Negril. This was at 7 pm and we just had a 2 hr bus ride. The cou[ples all pulled their hotel vouchers etc and the staff said no they were in the wrong place and all he could do is see if the bus was still here and he could try to arrange a free bus ride back to Negril.
They all got quite upset and after 10 or 15 mins of this the guy laughs and says ha ha just a jamaica joke... we are ready for you. None of us thought it was funny. Also as we arrived at 7 pm on a wednesday we missed the welcome home reception and special dinner for returning Sandals members as it only runs wednesday 6 for reception and 7 for meal
This trip advisor site is fantastic and I have researched all my trips before travel.
Keep posting your experiances as it is a great resource
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica