Returned from SWH on March 31st and wish we had been there longer. Comments:
Positives in no particular order other than the first one:
1) The people are exceptional, always making us feel welcome,
2) The rooms were very nice, it is great they all face the ocean
3) The grounds were beautiful
4) The pools, beach, facilities, restaurants, swim up bars...all great
5) The entertainment was great especially when you consider where you are..we loved the steel drum bands (they let us try playing ourselves), the performers in the theater were very good...
6) The list of positives is very long, I only listed some of them...but you get the idea
Negatives, only two:
1) I wish there was less seaweed in the ocean, that was disappointing, but at the French building you could walk out without any seaweed
2) And the second negative is we had to come home
1) We used Patrick Grandison's tour service for the day. He is great,
a very nice person with a brand new Toyota van, very accomodating, cheaper than the hotel service. We talked him into joining us for a drink at Ricks Cafe, he was very accomodating. I see from the rules on this web site that I can not provide a e-mail address or phone number but if you contact me I will provide you with his contact info.
2) We just loved the staff and their very genuine smiles and pleasant personalities
3) The ride to and from the airport althought 90 minutes is very educational as you see the villages and people of Jamaica...
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica