My husband and I and another couple went to Sandals Whitehouse Feb 17-25. If you are reading this review, you have read the rest, so I won't bore you with the repetition that one finds here.
The resort is quite nice. Was it perfect? No, but who needs perfection. Our curtains were ripped, so what.
We arrived quite late and were given a 1st floor room in the French Village and our friends had a 3rd floor room. At first, I could tell my husband was disappointed, but the next morning showed us that our patio was steps from the pool and a hop and step to the beach. We could not have asked for a more perfect set up. As we stayed at the French pool the whole time, we never locked our patio and were able to go in and out to bathroom etc. Never had to tote a beach bag around. Also, our room was identical to our friends' room.
You may not find lobster on a menu, but go to the Bayside and just ask. We had 6 between the 4 of us.
Yes, no tipping is the rule, but we tipped our maid and the pool bartenders and it was much appreciated. When I asked for an extra bag of lotions, it was no problem.
We went for a couples massage, the champagne celebration. If you can handle the embarrasment of being helped in and out of the hottub(they insist) then it is quite decadent, but costly. And good for a giggle.
I saved the worst for last, that ride to the resort. We arrived at night and with them driving on the opposite side of the road it looked as if all these headlights were coming towards us in our lane. Very bumpy, very winding. We actually clipped another vehicle and only slowed down for a few seconds before speeding on. It was a very quiet ride as all were nervous. I even got motion sick near the end when I normally don't ,I had even taken a gravol pill just before the plane landed in case. (I took 2 on the ride back, which was not as bad in daytime)
All in all, we have been to almost as nice and just as nice resorts in Mexico with better food and entertainment for much less money, and no hellish drive.
Beautiful but, I probably wouldn't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica