My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse. Our stay was from Nov 13-20 and I must say it was the perfect time to go. The weather was beautiful (about 85 everyday) with a couple welcome cool down afternoon showers. We stayed in the Italian Village in a Butler Suite. It was a large two room suite with stocked mini-bar (alcohol, soda and water) and large balcony with unobstructed view of the ocean. The bathroom amenities were great! The jacuzzi tub and two sinks are separated from the toilet and two person shower. The mattress was a little on the hard side but bearable.The bedside alarm clock was also a CD player (bring your own CD's!). We had a tv in the bedroom and in the living room. The tv in the living room also had a DVD player (bring your own DVD's!!). The sink next to the mini bar was very handy! The two couches were nice for lounging and we ate breakfast on the big coffee table a couple of times. We learned very quickly not to leave any food out (even in the suite) or it will be covered with ants in no time. The Butler suites are worth the extra money!! Splurge and be pampered on your vacation! Having the extra room was wonderful and comfortable! And I think the housekeepers pay more attention to these rooms!
Our Butlers were FABULOUS! Upon arrival we were handed a cell phone to use to contact our Butlers, Christoph and Patrick. We had more interaction with Christoph and we LOVED him! He always had a genuine smile and was very eager to please. Both Butlers alternate shifts so you always have someone at your beck and call from 7am to 10pm. At first we felt a little weird about asking for things, but acclimated very quickly. And if you don't call them, they'll call you and practically beg to do something for you. Christoph unpacked us and offered to repack. Everyday, we had our favorite beach spot reserved for us. They laid out towels with flowers, opened and positioned the umbrellas, brought out a cooler with our favorite drinks and put up a cute Reserved for Mr. and Mrs. Least sign. They made sure we had reservations at any restaurant at any time. Christoph drew a bubble bath with flowers and candles. Patrick and Tashwayne arranged for dinner on our balcony. We ordered from two different restaurants and had the best meal of the week! (NOTE:The balcony dinner set up is free because your Butler serves you but dinner on the beach has a fee because the restaurant staff serves you.) If you wanted a snack or other wierd request (like a whole cup of cut lime wedges), it was yeah mon no problem! The resort was fabulous but the Butler service was the cherry on top.
We went to the Spa for a Scrub a Dub-Dub massage. It was one of the highlights of our great trip. We both got a sea salt scrub that made my skin feel amazing! It was followed by a dip in our own whirlpool. It was HUGE! It was lighted and had a waterfall and tons of bubbles!! After that, we both got a complete rub down. My skin was glowing for days after!! My husband went back for another massage and I got a Margarita Manicure. It is a bit expensive but worth it!!
We didn't leave the resort and never felt like we had to. We were more than happy to sleep, eat or swim. We played pool and life size chess a couple times and had a blast watching the party boat sail by. Outside the Italian Villiage is a fruit tree. At night swarms of bats are flying all over and around this tree. It was so cool! The resort has tons of fountains and tables and chairs to chill in. Our favorite restaurant was Jasmine's but all the restaurants had a couple things we really enjoyed. The staff were great and looked out for us. We got reminders from many staff about reapplying sunblock after swimming. They see alot of lobsters walking round. We used the water trikes and the kayak. The kayak was another highlight! Little effort with alot of speed and sights!
This was the best honeymoon I could ever have imagined! Beautiful weather, room, service, food, drinks and fun. Do not hesitate and splurge for the higher room catagory!! You'll thank yourself later!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica