“Sandals Whitehouse- A magnificent DREAM vacation, best ever !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandals South Coast

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Toronto
“Sandals Whitehouse- A magnificent DREAM vacation, best ever !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

We just arrived home after one incredible week at Sandals Whitehouse resort Nov 2-9, 2006. We had read some reviews of the resort that were negative. I don't know which resort these people stayed at. This was THE best sun vacation we ever had. We arrived after a 11/2 drive from Montego Bay. We did not have to touch our luggage until it was placed in our room. We were offered wet towels and champagne on arrival and sat in the beautiful lobby for 10 minutes or so while our check in details were all handled by the resort staff. We were then driven by golf cart to our room in the French Village. Upon arrival, we were introduced to Kevin Hughes, the food and beverage manager for the resort. Kevin kindly made dining suggestions, reserved a table for us at the restaurant of our choice, and asked us what type of wines we preferred. Our preferred vintage was waiting for us with our table at the Bayside restaurant at the resort. Kevin ensured that we were contacted daily about our dining choices etc. and ensured that we had a great table. Kevin and his staff are THE best. We have never had such amazing service like this anywhere. His staff were very attentive, assistants Amber and Alexander, waiter Chris, chef Senior, were always willing to help and assist us at any time. I hope we didn't forget anyone. On our last night, Kevin arranged a romantic dinner for us on the beach complete with white glove service, champagne, custom menu based on discussion with us, wine, photos, and serenade from the waiters (Anthony and Vinny), waitress Shaneika (also excellent !) and Malcolm the photographer. Kevin, thanks again for making our week spectacular. I will emphasize that ALL of the Sandal's staff are totally service oriented from front desk, housekeeping, watersports, the nurse...I could go on and on. Now as for the resort, we stayed in the French village in a luxury room. The room had mahogany furniture, four poster bed and wall unit and was spotless. Towels were replaced with turndown service and housekeeping promptly dealt with any requests we had. The minibar was stocked with complimentary soft drinks and water. The french village is furthest from the main piazza but believe me, after sampling the food and snacks at all of the Sandals restaurants, we needed the walk. Each 'village' has it's own pool. The french village pool was a little more raucous and much of the pool volleyball etc was played there. We stayed mainly on the beach, the dutch village pool, (quiet..very relaxing) and the main pool, which is gorgeous and more like a lake its so large. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs or towels. We were told they allow two chairs for every guest. I'm inclined to believe that. There was a daily acquasize class at 10:30 am led by Michael in the main pool This was a blast and many guests participate. We didn't use the gym but we hear it was excellent. The watersports were of course all complimentary and we tried windsurfing and waterskiing. The staff on the beach were very helpful with instruction as well as patient. As for the food, there were many dining choices, Bayside was more continental with various meat and seafood choices. We enjoyed the ambience eating out on the patio looking at the stars, the ocean, the fountain and gardens, casually, but with 1st class service. Extra portions were never a problem and we were able to mix and match entrees, i.e. lobster tails were always available upon request and/or shrimp with any other entree. Eleanor's was more formal (no shorts or jeans) and there were many different menu choices. The filet mignon and lobster bisque was excellent and we ate there twice. Jasmine's was also very good as well with choices for Asian and Japanese food. We didn't do dinner at Giuseppe's although we did have a lunch pizza from there by the pool and it was excellent. The Cafe de Paris has wonderful pastries made on premises, soft serve and hard ice cream, and all types of coffee and lattes and is open all day and evening. The pastry chef, Parmazu (not sure if I spelled it correctly so I apologize in advance) or ParmaPoo as the staff call him (jokingly of course) is incredible. On Tuesday night, he did the chocolate buffet, do not miss this ! It is a chocoholics dream. Breakfast was available either with table service at Eleanor's or buffet at the Bayside and there was a huge selection of eggs, pancakes..you name it. The omelette stations were great as well. We paid extra to have West Indian massages at the Redlane Spa. I highly recommend it. The grounds at the resort are magnificent, clipped and manicured daily with beautiful flowers and gardens. The beach is several miles long, white sand and you can find a private spot pretty much any time. The shops at the resort are well stocked and very clean with many choices. The staff at the shops were also very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. This really is the first resort we've ever been to where we have no criticism. We plan to return next year at the same time and would go back sooner if we could swing it. If you are looking for a place to relax, be pamperd, chill out, enjoy some fine dining and enjoy total relaxation, then the Whitehouse is for you ! We will most definitely be returning ( already counting the days). We would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Les & Paula Kirsh
Toronto, Canada
November 12, 2006

• Liked — Comfort and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Pool area was a little loud so sitting out on our balcony wasn't always quiet but we always had other choices.
  • Tips/Secrets — Walk the grounds and make sure you see everything that is available in the way of facilities. It's a great way to meet new people
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
44 Thank gr8ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,026)
Central Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2006

All I have to say is I am so glad I found this website before we went... so many of the tips were right on the money. We were very prepared, thanks to all of you who left reviews!!!

It took us two days to get there from Boston due to some horrible airport delays but it was well worth the wait. I would go through all the drama of the flight problems for the stay we had.

We stayed at St. Lucia Halcyon for our honeymoon so we had some idea what to expect... and that is the key to a Sandals vacation... come prepared and know what to expect and you will have the time of your life...

The bus ride is as people say on this website... It took exactly an hour and half. Part of the ride was fine through the mountains the second half was bumpy due to older roads. You stop halfway for a potty break and drink if you want one... We had the most rude group of 8 on our van (a family from Louisiana no offense to all the wonderful people of the great state of Louisiana) they were very rude to the driver but I don't think they even realized it. They started out to be obnoxious from the time they sat behind us on the plane from Miami and they never improved... We avoided them as much as possible during our stay...which was very easy to do since the resort is so big.

Check in was fast and easy. As stated in the reviews, cold towels and champagne. They quickly escorted us to our room. We received an upgrade. We had a very nice room on the fourth floor in the French village... perfect place to stay (a little far from the main area but not a big deal)

Bluefield’s was our favorite lunch place... quick, quality and consistent. Arizona's was ok (we had a slow person that day but we had nowhere to be so how bad is that)

The French pool was my favorite... the bar was great although they ran out of bananas during our stay which limited our choices as most of their drinks (dirty banana, Jamaican kiss etc. called for banana), pool volleyball every day... plenty of chairs everywhere to sit in and enjoy. Ample floats and umbrellas.

We had cloudy days with a quick shower almost every afternoon but once the rain stopped you never knew it even rained.

The food was great. Upon check in we were handed a map, weekly itinerary of activities and restaurant guide...if you don't get one ask! It tells you when some of them are closed. Due to special activities or special dinners for the guests they close some of the restaurants. Just be informed and plan accordingly so you are not disappointed. Giuseppe’s, Jasmines and Eleanor’s were all fine. I recommend you look at the menu before you eat so you have an idea what to expect. I am Italian and my husband is a picky eater and we always had a good meal.

Go to Eleanor’s for breakfast... super fresh and fast and very pleasant. Bayside was fine but Eleanor’s was just better

Excursions: all are far from the resort. Many guests loved the canopy tour. We preferred to spend our time at the resort enjoying the pool.

Water sports: plenty of sailing, snorkeling, glass bottom boat, scuba, water bikes, etc etc etc. No waiting no problems... lots of fun

Sand Fleas: They are what they are... Yes they are there, they are real but thanks to all of you writing these reviews I brought bug spray and I only had a slight few bites. My husband was too "busy" to spray and had little red marks on his calfs. Be prepared and you will have NO PROBLEM. They are mostly out at night (outdoor eating) and near the beach.

Photos: The sunsets were amazing... With the puffy clouds in the ski the sun turned them beautiful colors. Advice.... Get showered and dressed as you will and be on the Dutch beach near the rock jetty at 5:30 sharp. You will have a number of photographers waiting for you. Ask for "Headley". I am not kidding... He is the only name I specifically remember because our pictures came out amazing... REALLY AMAZING!! I couldn't choose they were so good. We had a number of different people take our picture but his were beyond incredible. If I can figure out how I will attach them to the review... He has a big smile and was very friendly and not pushy. He had us pose in what I originally thought was a strange pose but when I saw the pictures they were amazing. I am so happy I stopped and had him take our shots. That was the best part of the trip... Having these photos to remember it by.

Entertainment: It is what it is... Don't expect Broadway or Vegas style shows. The Playmakers have some fun entertainment with the couples and that was the best part of the entertainment. Definitely try to participate in the couples game show. We actually won but it was such an fun time we still giggle thinking about it. Magician was ok, the band was ok, it was all fine... nothing spectacular but fine...

Food, Room, Pool, Photos, activities I think that is it...

Most of all I really enjoyed spending time with my husband, not having to make any serious decisions, having all my needs taken care of and isn't that what a vacation is all about...Sandals is definitely the place for us... Most likely we will be booking our next vacation with them again but maybe this time in the Bahamas.

• Liked — The atmosphere was great
  • Disliked — So far away from everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Bug spray and sun tan lotion
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
35 Thank garys6girls
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2006

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Sandals Whitehouse. We couldn't have been happier with the resort. We stayed in the French Village room 3202. Nice location, we could hear the ocean at night and slept with the windows open.

The bus trip to the resort was fine. I had heard that it was alittle scary but I was pleasently surprised by how uneventful it was. I enjoyed the view out the side window and you really get to see how the Jamaicans live. I also brought my own drinks on the bus and was glad that I did. You do make a stop half way to the resort to use the restroom and buy a snack. Bring small bills with you on the bus to tip the driver. We had nothing smaller than a $20 on us, but the driver will provide change, just ask.

The resort was beautiful! Our room was clean and the fridge was stocked with water, soda, and juice everyday. I would suggest that you bring a water bottle with you to the pool because they do not supple water bottles at the bar. I spent most of the day at the french pool. The bartenders were awesome! Very friendly and entertaining! A must try drink is the hummingbird! The pool was never over crowded, and there were plenty of chairs and towels. In the afternoon they play volleyball. The weather was great, only rained two days while we were there and only for about an hour. They also supply umbrellas in the room.

My husband is a diver and went on 5 boat dives. Two dives are included each day. The morning dive is geared for beginners and my husband was alittle disappointed. The second dive of the day is for the more advanced divers. My husband really enjoyed this. You can either go to 60 or 90 feet. Since my husbands partner was not an advanced diver they went to 60 feet. They said it was still really good. They saw lobster, sting rays, and some small fish. You can also go on a night dive for $50.

We loved the food and drinks at the bayside. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning. Wait in line for the omeletts its worth it! Also try the smoothies!

For dinner we had lobster which was very good. We never had to wait for a table at any restaurant. The italian restaurant was good, and the french bakery was to die for. They also have great coffee drinks. You can take anything to go, so even if your not hungry take some back to your room for later.

I went to the spa for a massage, the tropical bliss. It was just OK. The people there were very friendly, but the massage itself was just average. I probably wouldn't go back. Laying around the pool is just as relaxing!

Overall we loved the resort. It was very quiet, so if you want alot of action its not for you. Having been to Hawaii the last 4 years we really loved the peace and quite of the beach. In the mornings we were the only people walking. Also, the sunsets are the best! Make sure not to miss them.

I feel that we really got our moneys worth. The food and drinks were great, and the staff was wonderful! We are already planning on going back next year!

• Liked — stocked fridge
  • Disliked — checking out
  • Tips/Secrets — dont forget the sunscreen!
33 Thank snive4
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

My husband and I (British, 40's) returned from Sandals Whitehouse in August. We used this website to choose the resort, and so I wanted to return the favour by posting some comments on our return. During our stay, we made some notes - which subsequently went missing! We have just recently booked to return to Whitehouse for New Year's Eve and I found the notes when I was looking for our Sandals Signature Guest stuff for the new booking. So here they are (finally)...

There's been lots of discussion so far about things like the drive from the airport, the distance of some of the rooms etc. So I'm not going to say anything about that. These are our comments of a more practical nature:

TEA & COFFEE Making Facilities - are provided in room, even in the cheapest rooms (the Sandals website makes it look like these aren't included in the cheapest rooms). No need to bring a travel kettle like we did!!

FRIDGE - again, we were in the cheapest room, but there was a fridge containing complementary soft drinks. (no booze though)

TOILETRIES - on arrival you get issued with a toiletry bag containing big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and after sun gel. There is also soap in the room. So if you're not fussy about your products, there's no need to take this stuff with you. No shower gel though, so bring this if you don't like soap.

SUNTAN CREAM & REPELLENT - we needed repellent, both for the sand flies and mosquitos at the resort (not many, and what else can you expect from the Tropics?). And you definitely need repellent if you go on excursions (Black River, tree-top adventure, the waterfalls). The repellent in the resort shop was expensive, but the suntan cream was cheaper than the UK (Hawaian Tropic - $11for 237ml!).

ELECTRICITY - is 110 volts, so some UK appliances won't work. Our camera charged OK but my Discman didn't. The sockets are US two flat-pin kind so you need adaptors.

LIBRARY - there is a guest library, made up (mostly) of books other people leave. They had a pretty good selection - romance, thrillers, blockbusters and some classic stuff. Better than taking a whole suitcase of books with you!

THERMOS CUPS - Round the pool, your drinks go warm really quickly. And we gave up trying to take cold drinks back to our room - they weren't very cold by the time we'd walked back (not a long walk, but very hot!). Several of the Americans had thermos cups which was a great idea so we are going to take them when we go back at Xmas. As mentioned by others, we were in the French Village and the bar there closes at 6pm. So if you're returning from the main part of the resort at 6ish and you're in a room without a room-bar, you need to carry a drink (or two!) back to the room with you so you've got something while you're getting ready for dinner!

EXCURSIONS - Many of the Americans (and it was mostly Americans at the resort the week we went) really enjoyed the excursions. I think this may be because they don't travel that much (we met loads for whom this was the first time they'd been outside the US. Also many who hadn't even been to New York or Washington!!). I would say that if you've been to eg. Asia, Africa, the Far East or Australia on holiday before, then don't bother with the excursions. They were expensive for what they were and you're going to see better waterfalls, crocodiles and jungle scenery in any of the previously mentioned places for a fraction of the price. The only excursion we could recommend was the Appleton Rum Distillery Tour (if you like rum and factories!). It was really interesting and you got to taste something like 30 different rums and liqueurs - yum! What I would say though is that it might be worth enquiring about getting a private taxi to take you. The admission to the distillery wasn't expensive but the Sandals excursion was. So it'd probably be cheaper to arrange it yourself. Also, don't buy booze in the Distillery shop - it was all cheaper at the airport duty free.

SHOPPING - the resort shops are really expensive. I was looking for a swimming costume, and the cheapest one (very ordinary) was just short of $100. If you are really into shopping, you can take a shopping trip into Montego Bay (someone we met said it was a good excursion for shopping, but a long day and lots of driving). On two nights at the resort, they had a local 'market' where they brought local vendors in to sell jewellry, paintings, crafts (and pot!). The quality was very variable and the prices were expensive (because other guests were paying them). We haggled like crazy and got better prices. However, next time, I'm going to leave all my shopping until the Duty Free shops at the airport. It's quite a big shopping area there - on two floors - one just past security and the other upstairs where the gates are. They had T-shirts galore, lots of booze, cakes and food. CD and DVD shops for Bob Marley and reggae souvenirs. Also several great shops selling baskets of jerk sauce, Jamaican spices etc (these went down really well with the folks at home!). Also jewellry and knick-knack stalls - all a reasonable prices.

DRESS CODE - we got caught out with this, as our travel agent didn't tell us there was a dress code in many of the restaurants. My poor husband had to wear his trainers to dinner on the nights we wanted to go to the dress code restaurants as they are NO open toe shoes (men), NO shorts, NOTHING that looks too casual (eg. no sleeveless vest T-shirts, although a more fancy sleeveless top is OK). Alot of the other guests were really dressed up for dinner (major high heels, fancy cocktail dresses, lots of jewellry). So you might want to take something quite glitzy if you don't want to feel out of place. You can go to the buffet, Arizona's (open-air steak house) and the pizza place without dressing up, but all the other restaurants have the code - and we saw two couples being refused entry on different occasions, so they do enforce it.

Well - we hope that this helps you get the best out of your holiday. We found it a great place to really unwind, and there was lots to do on site without ever needing to leave. The thing that distinguished it from other holidays was the outstanding friendliness of the staff. And also the fact that there wasn't a kid in sight! The food and booze was also the best we have had in any of the all-inclusive resorts we've stayed in previously (3 not including Whitehouse).

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The holiday camp atmosphere (at times!)
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
36 Thank ChristabelLaMotte
Middle Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

We stayed at the resort October 22-27, 2006. We THOROUGHLY enjoyed our stay including the food, the staff, the fun stuff to do, etc. Here goes:

SandFLIES (not fleas): NO big deal. I get eaten alive by TN mosquitos and may have been bitten by these flies one time. Accd. to Lorraine (resident "lifeguard"), they only hatch when it has rained. So, basically, beware after a downpour. Otherwise, the sun keeps them away. They only live a day.

Food: My husband and I are not picky but we aren't big fans of eating out either. I actually cook at home most nights. Still, we really have no complaints on the food other than don't expect to eat a lot of seafood. Maybe from traveling to Destin, FL, we expected that being at the beach. But we still found some and what we did have was great. Try the shrimp and scallops at Jasmine's. Yes, the portion isn't huge but they'll bring you another whole portion if you just ASK! "No problem, mon!" Seriously. We did this more than once. Don't be afraid to ask.

Beach/Pool: Italian Pool is for people who want to socialize and play games and be close to the busy side of the resort. French seemed to be mostly for the youngest sect with the pool volleyball each afternoon. Both of these had swim-up bars. Dutch Pool (where we chose to go) was quiet but we still met many people there. If you want to socialize, it is OK here. We just weren't into the games or drinking constantly. There is a bar close by but no frozen drinks or snacks. Do expect to walk a few hundred yards either way from Dutch pool for snacks/frozen drinks. If this is major to you, ask for Italian or French room.
We did not experience any problems with chair-hogging at the pool or the beach. Only day we waited on towels was when a freak early-morning shower soaked the morning's fresh supply of towels. Within 15 minutes, hot towels were provided. Beach was great. We stayed at Dutch area b/c that is where room was and we liked it. Still, we walked to Water sports each day and to French area for calamari and drinks.

Service: The staff is there to please you. Don't be afraid to ask for something. They will do their best. We did not have buter or concierge but felt we were treated like the most important guest on property. ONLY problem we encountered (and it was consistent both times we ate there) was at Bluefield's where the drink waiters absolutely would not replenish your drinks, not even the water. We and many other guests had to go to the bar ourselves for more drinks. At 90+ degrees, we were thirsty! This is an open-air restaurant. The oddest part was this was so UNLIKE any other restaurant, casual or otherwise, on the property. We spoke to a manager who said he was working on the problem. I didn't get that but Bluefield's has great ambience. Just bring your own bottled water and plan to go to the very near bar for drinks.

Check-In: The least enjoyable part of our trip, but flawless nonetheless. Once we left the lobby, we were treated very well. The girl who greated us was not nice. No wet towels were given to us or anyone else that arrived with us. We did get the champagne offer though. Some have cautioned about not getting bags delivered. Not to worry. They have changed the policy. You are carried (with your bags) to your room on golf carts. They inisist on you pointing out your bags and they load them on the back of the cart with you.

Check-out: Quick but sad b/c we wanted to stay longer!

Trip to/from airport: Take pills if you get car sick. Bring a snack. Enjoy the sights and don't look straight ahead! It is SCARY but they seem to know what they are doing. No huge drop-offs just fast driving on very curvy, bumpy, narrow roads and lots of passing when cars are approaching. Again, just try looking out the window and appreciating your blessings.

Opinion: Don't waste money on expensive rooms. We were in there (premium beachfront, Dutch Village 2112, 1st floor WITH pool steps away and wonderful ocean view) maybe 4 hours (besides sleeping 8-9 hours a night) at most. It did not rain every afternoon. In fact, it rained twice at night! Umbrellas were quickly distributed and we enjoyed the rain at the Martinini Bar. Do check this place out but pace yourself b/c no elevator and the stairs back down can be trouble if you are tipsy or worse. Bring open-toed dressy sandals for evening wear. No coats or ties for men. In fact, pants and island shirts are the norm. Dresses and even skirts with fancy tanks/blouses for the ladies. Don't stress over this. Basically, no shorts or sandals for the men. Ladies can wear pants, even crops. Don't miss the free snorkeling and Hobie Cats. We did this everyday. It is great and would cost a fortune here in the states or at non-inclusive resorts. Spa is good and comparable to prices here in TN. Not great but very nice if you can afford it.

Lastly, we have not been to other Sandals but would love to go back to the Whitehouse. We are planning a trip to Beaches with our boys next year. We loved Jamaica that much. Left Nashville at 6 a.m. and were sunning on the beach by 1 p.m. (with a stop in Miami)! No joke! Compared to our stay at an all-inclusive in Cancun, well it was NO comparison! Sandals is in a league all its own. Cheaper than our trips to Destin if you factor in the food and activites on-site that we had each day. GO!!!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location!
  • Disliked — Bluefield's
  • Tips/Secrets — You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend going in October. Off-season with in-season frills!
36 Thank CJrLIrwin
Philadelphia PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

My new wife and I had our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse from COt 18- Oct 25. First lets dispell the theory that the ride over is bad. While it is 90+ minutes from Montego Bay, the ride is only slightly bumpy and actually provides a nice view of the inner island.

The food at Whitehouse was all over the map. At Eleanors, the food was fantastic. The service was prompt and allowed you to try a variety of dishes. However, the italian restaurant was not good. The lack of authentic food and very simple starters made you feel as if you were at TGI's Fridays on italian night. The day-time dining was only fair, with a very limited menu.

Drinks: The frozen drinks were nice, but be warned that if you like beer your only option is Red Stripe on draft, no bottles and no choice. Alcohol in the room was not available, and I even asked the bellman and he said I could buy it in the gift shop, but he could get me a better deal if I wanted bottled beer in the room.

Rooms: They were clean and a decent size. The showers/bathrooms were small and more like one you would see at a Comfort Inn.

Security: This is the biggest issue. We had $300 removed from our room, because I left the safe unlocked one night. However, that was not the worst part. Once we reported it, we felt like the criminals. The Security Chief and staff, were adament that we must have lost it, so much to that point that they actually serached our room, to make sure we weren't lying. Now, I am 100% sure that we did not lose it, because we put it in the safe as soon as we got there, since you don't need cash at the site. Their approach was to protect the resort, not the guest. They were condesending and very unsupportive.

Amenties and extras: Watersports are available, but pretty basic. Nightly entertainment was good, but the same as any seasoned travler has seen on every caribbean island.

• Liked — The landscape
  • Disliked — Security Issues
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to Eleanors every night for dinner
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank TravlingMan
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2006

We were married at Sandal's Whitehouse in 2005 and just returned from our one-year anniversary vacation here. It was even better than last year. This is a wonderful property, and the people are friendly and helpful, almost without exception. We particularly liked Kevon and Stacey in Concierge services, and Micheala and Rochelle at the spa. Also Nicky, who works for Unique Vacations and who helped us book our vacation here for next year. And unfortunately, I was ill (developing bronchitis) while on vacation here, and the nurse was just wonderful, as was the doctor who made a house call to the resort to treat me!

If you read the information about the resort before you go, there should be no unpleasant surprises. Bring bug spray and sunscreen - it's the tropics, and there are sometimes mosquitos and sand fleas, and there is pretty much always sunshine. Bring some casually dressy clothing to wear to dinner - long slacks and closed-toe shoes with collared shirts for men, dresses or nice slacks for women. It is a vacation resort, but you shouldn't expect to show up for dinner in your bathing suit and flip flops.

The food is good, certainly better than average, and if for some reason you don't want to eat in the restaurants, you can order pretty much everything "to go" - we did this a couple of nites and it was lovely. One couple we befriended neglected to bring dressy clothes, and we ate dinner with them outside - steaks for them from Eleanor's, pasta for us from Giussepe's. It was delightful. Same with lunch - almost every day, we ordered wings and a cheeseburger and fries to go from Bluefield's, and just ate lunch together on the beach.

We would recommend going for the concierge level suite, since you get a stocked bar and jacuzzi tub in your room, and the concierge really does help you with reservations for everything from off site trips to restaurant reservations to spa appointments. All the rooms have ocean views and they are spectacular.

The spa is wonderful, and you can go every day to avail yourself to the outdoor hot tub and cold plunge, as well as the lovely steam room and sauna. We loved all the massage and body treatments we had there. The exercise pavillion is very nice also.

We've been to Whitehouse twice now, and have already booked our trip for 2007 - it looks like it will be our annual wedding anniversary tradition! I'm always surprised to read less than stellar reviews of this property - it's difficult to imagine anyone having a bad time here. If I can answer any questions about our experiences here, please feel free to email me at coolauntbeth2000@yahoo.com.

• Liked — Concierge suite, spa services, beach
  • Disliked — That I was ill while I was there
  • Tips/Secrets — Feel free to order meals to go and try breakfast at Eleanor's if buffet's are not your thing
20 Thank coolauntbeth
Sandals Montego Bay
#9 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,152 reviews
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!