My wife and I just came back from our wedding anniversary vacation at Sandals Whitehouse. It was the best all inclusive vacation we ever had. We booked a Concierge room in the Italian villa and that choice has exceeded all our expectation, We were pampered from the time we set foot at Sandals. from unparalleled service, to quality of food and cleanliness of the property, nothing is left unchecked.
now to the details
Although a lot of reviews were critical regarding the bus trip to an from Sandals, I agree that the road is a little rough, but overall, we took the opportunity to enjoy the scenery and have a view about the Real Jamaica.
upon arrival at Sandals, we were offered refreshing towels, and were taken directly to the club quarters (Concierge) for our exclusive check in. while we were waiting, we were offered a signature drink and pastries. Check in was easy . then our concierge took us to our room in the italian village , ground level, with a view at the beach. The room was very clean.
Beach / swimming pools
Although some reviews were critical regarding reserving the beach chair very early , It was not the case. Some chairs were reserved by butlers, but we never had any problem finding a place, either at the beach or at the pools.
on slight critic is the fact that the beach is rocky, and lots of alguaes, and at times, there are some Jelly fish having fun near the shore. I was stung by a Jelly fish.
However, it did not deter us from swimming in the sea. I would recommend the beach near the Italian Village, as it is not eroded compared to the Dutch and French beaches.
I highly recommend booking a cabana for 1 day, it is an experience that you will not regret. being pampered for a whole day, and having breakfast / lunch by the sea while having access to unlimited drinks is great.
The swimming pools are great, but we preferred the Italian village pool by far, and although it was noisy at time, it was not as bad as the french village pools (apparently this is where people go to party). The dutch pool is the quietest by far
Food / Drinks
overall the quality of food was great, we enjoyed every restaurant there, however, compared to other reviews, Jasmine's was the least favorite, as we felt that we were having buffet style asian food. Bear in mind that I am picky when it comes to asian food.
I highly recommend the following restaurants
#2 Bluefield for authentic Jamaican food
#3 Bayside for Breakfast
Also, Cafe de Paris was always our highlight for the day, espressos and cappucinos are to die for, and do not forget to indulge you with a Crepe or their great pastries. Ask for Shadae, a great person and always smiling..
and..... IT IS A MUST... the Jerk Shark... Thanks Tracy Ann for your great service...Jerk Pork and Chicken are to die for
as for drinks, and since we were at Club Level, our room was always filled with prime alcohol (Scotch, rhum, vodka), and the fridge always filled with beer, white wine and champagne
at the Italian pool the bar is lively, great bar tenders, and great drinks. we always indulged ourselves with Jamaican Smile, Dirty Banana and Mojitos..
Since our objective was to relax, we did not sign up to any activity outside Sandals... In fact there's a lot to do within the complex. we sailed every day (Hobby Cat) and sometimes 3 times a day... Rasheed has been great with us in term to securing hobby cats
We took the opportunity to go snorkeling ... but there is very little to see
around the property, there is always something to do... from pool to table tennis tables
Also, since are are avid Tennis players, we went playing Tennins every morning (7 AM , before the heat). there are 3 well maintained Tennis court.. also my wife took the opportunity to improve her play with the help of the resident coach... Ask for TROY... he is a great coach
There is a very well maintained gym with high quality machines and a Yoga studio
Finally take the opportunity to participate at the power walk on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday (from 8 am to 9 am). you will have a chance to walk outside the property and into the hill closeby, where you will get a chance to explore the flora and have a great view at the top of the hill.
SPA (RED LANE)
we indulged ourselves for a couples scent of Love 90 minutes massage, although slightly expensive, it was worthwhile and very relaxing. as usual were well taken care of from the time we set food at Red Lane.. a great experience.
OVERALL , we rate our experience a 5 star. Service is excellent and employees are constantly do the extra mile , with a great smile, to make you vacation unforgettable. We are already looking to book our next trip there.
thanks you team Sandals Whitehouse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica