My husband and I honeymooned here and it was perfect! The saying around the resort is that it is called the newly weds or nearly dead resort and this is because it is either people on their honeymoon or people in retirement, but the best part is that there are no families! If you are looking for a relaxing vacation this is perfect for the following reasons:
- Always lounge chairs available at the pool or on the beach
- Staff is extremely nice and accommodating (We ate at the Chinese restaurant, which I don't like and the staff was willing to go to another restaurant to get me food)
- Very Clean
- The food is good
- There is always a breeze to keep you cool (we did a day trip and had lunch at sandals Negril and it was VERY hot there)
- There is plenty to do at night, whether you go to the live shows they have or go to the martini for drinks and dancing.
- The spa is amazing! My husband and I got massages on the beach and it was one of the most relaxing things I have done.
- The bartenders are very friendly and keep it lively at the bars
There are few small complaints I have:
- The staff at the spa constantly comes around to try and get you to sign up for spa treatment and it can get annoying
- The service at the sit down restaurants is a little slow in my book, but that could be because I am from the New England area and we like everything to be done yesterday.
- The food is not that great at the Italian restaurant, but decent. This could also be because I am from an area of an area in New England where Italian food is very popular
If you are going to go to his resort I highly recommend upgrading to a butler suite. My husband and I had concierge, which was nice, but we met a couple who had a butler suite and it was VERY nice. The added convenience of a butler made it that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica