I surprised my husband with a trip SWH for his 50th birthday and it was perfect in every way! We arrived and we took Island Hoppers helicopter service to the resort, it was a beautiful ride and Chris was the best pilot ever! We were greeted by Sandals staff and taken to check in, greeted by staff and given nice lemon-grass face cloths to refresh with, such a nice touch after a long day of travel! We were quickly checked in and taken to meet our butlers for the week.....OMAR and KAMAR are absolutely the BEST in the business....we have already requested them for next year and are upgrading our son and his girlfriend on the their trip in May so they too can experience such pampering!!!!
GROUNDS: Immaculate and well manicured, lush greenery and gorgeous flowers every place you look. The tile is always clear of debris and even saw staff scrubbing the walkways!! It is spotless!!!
Room: We stayed in the Italian Village, it is the nearest to the center of the resort. We found we enjoyed being close with short walks to the shops and restaurants, the added bonus was sitting on the balcony and enjoying the other guests walking by.....everyone is so in love, holding hands and just being close.....so refreshing!! Our room was a butler suite with a king size bed, it was lovely and we enjoyed the bar always being stocked with our favorite spirits, water and soft drinks. The housekeeping staff seemed to intuitively know when we were out.....upon our arrival back to our room each day it was always freshly made and usually held a treat for us.....either a snack, a cute towel display on the bed or once a bubble bath for two!!!!! Did I mention how wonderful our butlers were???? They ARE amazing, I highly recommend you splurge on them!!!!
MEALS: Every meal we enjoyed was more delicious than the next, not kidding on this....the food was fabulous every time! I'm not sure what my favorite was, Neptune's has nice outdoor setting, Eleanor's has wonderful steak and Bluefield's offered relaxed outdoor dining...we enjoyed jerk chicken twice for lunch there. I had prearranged dinner on the beach for my husband's birthday and changed it once we arrived to a covered hut over the water, it was a full moon with just a slight breeze the night of our event. We ate at 8:00 by candlelight ......so romantic and our server was awesome.....the food again fabulous!!!! He LOVED turning 50 in Jamaica at the SWH!!!!
SPIRITS: All of our bartenders were delightful but we especially connected to Chavez, he was in training but his attitude, memory of what our drinks were and his kindness made him VERY special. He was in hopes of being hired full time and our vote is on him!!!! We will be looking for him on our next visit......he made the best "dirty bananas" of any I had during my stay....my favorite drink while visiting! My husband's fav was the Bob Marley, Miami Vice and Red Stripe!
BUTLER SERVICE: I can't say enough about this. So, so glad I decided to go all out and invest in them. OMAR and KAMAR were awesome, they thought of everything and not one detail was overlooked to make our stay "over whelming" .....they both were always just a phone call away. You are given a cell phone at arrival and any time you need something or have a question you just ring them up......often times they were a step ahead and had a special surprise every day for us. The day of my husband's birthday day was made extra special by their kindness.....we enjoyed lunch on the beach with wine, rose petals in the room, champagne and a nice hot bubble bath awaited us in the room.....it was a PERFECT day and PERFECT week! We look forward to having them again on our next visit!
I would also recommend Island Hopper Helicopter service, it was a short 20 minute ride from the airport compared to the 1.5 hour ride by bus. It offered breathtaking views and we got our own personal tour of the Island....this was a huge hit for my husband, he so enjoyed the ride. On the day of departure they returned to pick us up and delivered us back to the airport. We also found out about the MOBAY club.....it made our life easier and more relaxing....no lines at the airport!!!!
On a scale of 1-10, SWH is a 12.....we have already booked our next stay and we are both so looking forward to returning!
YEAH MON.....COOL BEANS......we loved our Island life while visiting SWH....miss it already!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica