“Sandals White House is Amazing!!!”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Strongsville, OH
“Sandals White House is Amazing!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 wonderful nights at Sandals Whitehouse in November of 2013. This is our second time returning to this resort as this is one of our favorite properties. This property is Awesome! The Service is impeccable and the food is amazing! When we visited the White House the first time (back in 2011) we had Keen and Ainsley as our Butlers. We would have definitely requested them again however, we waited too late to make the request. We had the pleasure of having Joy and Keen as our Butlers this time. They both did a phenomenal job in assisting us with our every need. They would reserve our favorite spot on the beach and check on us often to make sure we had everything we needed. It was also nice to have breakfast with Joy and dinner with Keen and Davion. Everyone on staff that we came in contact with was very pleasant and always greeted us with a smile. Tamarra at the Bayside restaurant makes outstanding omelets. She made our omelets every day. We would walk up to her station and she would already have our omelets started. She would say "Two veggies, one with no cheese, right?" We also loved to visit the pastry shop every night for a night cap. Sheree, among the other young ladies, always greeted us with a smile. Sheree would make my husband the perfect “brownie and ice cream” cup. We told all of our friends and family about Sandals White House. If you want to experience the best vacation of your life, visit Sandals White House…You will not be sorry! We look forward to returning in 2015.

3 Thank Agent2U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,120)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Whitehouse for 8 days from 11/24 to 12/2 we had a room in the Dutch village on the top/4th floor. This resort is very large with rooms in 3 villages Italian/Dutch/French approx 250 acres and about 2 miles of beach. We had a nice room with great view of pool and ocean, all rooms have mini fridge that is stocked daily with water/soda/juice, the upper scale rooms also have white/red wines and champagne along with house scotch/run/vodka/gin. The grounds are beautiful there is 3 large pools 2 have swim up bars. 2 restaurants open for breakfast , 4 for lunch and 6 for dinner ( some restaurants are closed 1 or 2 nights a week). I prefer eating indoors with a/c and 4 of the restaurants have inside space. Service was very good in general with some exceptions, bar service at main pool bar was inconstant, other 2 pools bars were great. Food was good equal to what you get on a cruise or other better resorts. All drinks and food is included and they have 12 year old scotch and top shelf drinks.

Most of the entertainment is outside during dinner so if you eat inside you will miss it. They have a very nice martini bar but it only has live music from 10pm to 11 which I do not understand , sing along piano man was excellent. When I say music starts at 10pm , that is 10pm Jamaica time which means they will start sometimes between 10 and 10:40. Bartender there were also excellent. My main problem with resort is we like good wine and while they offer good drinks there house wine is not that good, they do offer wine to buy but prices are a rip-off, last year we had Stags Leap merlot for 55 dollars ( we had this most nights) this wine sells for approx 20 in the states, this year they sold it for 95 dollars a bottle. They were also selling a dozen roses for $120, gift shop had white Hennessey for 120, bought same stuff a few years ago for 40 on a cruise. Another issue was people saving chairs at pool, they would place there towels/books on chair at 8am so there were no chairs available at French or Dutch pools and you may not see them for rest of the day, but still plenty of chairs at main pool and on beach. Bottom line is resort is general is great but if you like good wine this may not be the vacation for you. I think we will skip Sandals next year and just do a couple of cruises, but will return sooner or later, one other feature that is a great idea is if you spend 70 days in sandals resorts they will give you a free 7 day vacation and resort of your choice ( we talked to someone that was on their free week

2 Thank George C
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This review is a bit dated as our vacation was in April 2013 and as a result, some information and names may be missing. Next time I will not lose my notes, and I will write about our amazing experience sooner! We were not sure how we would find our free week (after 70 paid nights) at Sandals, but upon reflection, we should not have been concerned. We were just as spoiled as we have been on our previous visits. We stayed at Whitehouse, our home away from home, and because of the free days, were able to stay almost 2 weeks! In paradise!! We were there for Reunion Week. I highly recommend vacationing during that week as there are even more special treats and events. One highlight that shows Sandals' dedication to community involvement, was a school band from Montego Bay that led a parade and performed twice on the first day of Reunion Week. I went on the Reading Road Trip to the school in Whitehouse where I had a blast with the kids as they read to us, played and sang. They actually came in to school during vacation week just so we could visit with them! Return guests partied at Paradise, entertained by the dancing talents of Mr. G, games with guest activity leaders, horseback riding, great food and drink, and a dip in Sweet River. One guest dove in and was followed by Orlando of watersports who rescued the guests' prescription sunglasses. Orlando greeted us almost every morning on the beach as he raked and we sat watching the sun rise over the town of Whitehouse. (Did you know that Whitehouse is one resort in Jamaica where you can see the sun rise and set? And the sunsets can be awe-inspiring!) We were also greeted each morning by the butlers who came down to prepare the lounges for their guests. Joy and Chris especially, but also Damion, Keen, Omar and David treated us as if we were theirs. Maxine of room service greeted us every day. She is like a daughter to us, and we thoroughly enjoy her company! We stayed in Concierge (now Club Level) and were well taken care of by Shauun in our first week, and George in our second. George especially spoiled us with sparkling wine, petals on the floor, candlelight and treats. The rest of the Concierge family welcomed us back and continued their excellent level of service and attention, especially Ava, Kadian, Krystle, Sheldon, Clive, and the rest (whose names I will write down next time). Oshoi gave me an informative and fun garden tour, a floral bouquet, and came to the beach to visit a few times also. The SnapShots people are always fun, and Shellion, Delano and Sheldon were especially good at capturing our 'good sides'! At the restaurants, we especially enjoyed the company and service of Marsha, Roxanne, Ruthann, Ashani, Kimberly, Danneisha...and if I hadn't misplaced my notes, I would be able to include more! Tamara is the best omelette cook at breakfast! I am always amazed when she remembers how we like our eggs, when I have trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast the day before... Chef Laire brought me my eggs benedict on our last morning. Special and delicious!!! We enjoyed every single meal we had. Each restaurant serves delectable dishes and has wonderful ambience. Gord really enjoyed the lunchtime pizza at Guiseppes. I kept in shape (hahaha!) with Michael as he led us in aquasize at the main pool. There is always enough room in the pools to swim, play or relax. We had fun participating in some of the activies and watching others as Geraldine, Wayan, Cheldon, Prince and Shane entertained us. Singing along with Rodney in the Martini/piano bar was a blast. I am never sure if we sound so good because we are, or because of the chocolate martinis I am partial to, but I suspect it is the latter. I can't forget the Red Lane Spa! Sandra gave Gord a totally relaxing and regenerating hot stone massage. Since his first, he makes sure he gets one each visit. Adrian and Georgia of Soon Come Back were the first to greet us upon our arrival, and were two of the last we spent time with as we booked back for December. And April. Did I mention the great deals you can get during Reunion week? Just before our departure to the airport, we were serenaded by the resort managers and others who sang their sadness at our leaving and their future joy when they see us again. Perhaps not The Voice material, but thoroughly enjoyed all the same! I must conlude this rambling review with great thankfulness and appreciation to Ms. Heather Boothe Dennisur, who has since retired. During the bus ride to the airport, my camera jumped off my lap and hid under the seat. While relaxing at Club MoBay (well worth the extra $), I realized I did not have my camera. The hostess at the club called Whitehouse for me and I gave them the necessary information so they could contact the bus driver. He found the wayward object, returned it to the resort, it was passed to Heather of Guest Services who then arranged for it to be shipped back to me via DSL. The camera (just bought before the trip) had a grand trip home and returned to me intact just in time for a friend's wedding. We were truly amazed, thankful and happy with the service we received. Just another example of the magic that is Sandals Whitehouse.
We are returning for our 10th visit to our piece of paradise next week for some much needed R&R. We will be flying Air Canada Rouge, so I hope to review their newish service soon. Stay tuned!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the sea. It is more a matter of the service level you prefer. All villages...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank Marie B
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We took our daughter and son-in-law for a week at Sandals Whitehouse with us and had a wonderful time. The room was lovely, the beach was awesome, the food was delicious.....our only compliant was that at the price we paid we did NOT have room service. We were on the 4th floor of the French Village which was the most distant from all the restaurants and shops and made room service even more important to us. Our experiences at other All Inclusive Resorts has been that room service was offered to all guests - no extra charge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NVPeggy
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Whitehouse. We're delighted to read that you had a great time at our resort. I'm so happy that we succeeded in creating that luxury romantic experience for you all but I wish we could have met all of your expectations during your stay.

We look forward to your return for an even better stay in the near future.
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I do not know where to start!! We had such an amazing time at Sandals Whitehouse!! We have been to other all inclusive resorts -- but they do not measure up to SW!! The food was really good! It tasted like food that we would eat in the states! That may not be for everyone, but it suited out palettes nicely.

We had Butler Suites. I have read about how many people would not be comfortable asking someone to do things for them or how they did not see the value in butler service. But -- once one is exposed to butler service -- they will ALWAYS want butler service!! First of all; we did not have to ask for things. Our butlers (shout out to David and Camille) looked out for verbal and non-verbal preferences and handled everything BEFORE we could ask!! It was amazing that our butlers knew that we liked to people watch and reserved a cabana near the water sports area (which is the best place to people watch)!! They also knew that I adored the Italian salsa and would serve that with my lunch! Or the time that I got soup from one restaurant while dining at another restaurant because I mentioned (to my friends) how much I enjoyed it!! I could not imagine our Whitehouse stay without David and Camille!!!

I will briefly mention that the Butler Suites are quite comfy with plenty of room and AMAZING views. All of the rooms have beach views but the Butler Suites have the BEST view. It was really nice to have a snack set out after lounging by the beach all day. It would hold us over while we got dressed for dinner. David and Camille got to know our preferences and would have our favorite snacks waiting for us. I enjoyed the cheese and crackers and my husband enjoyed the coconut shrimp!!

Aside from the butler service the staff at WH is AMAZING!!! We had incredible conversations with the staff and we hope to see them all again at our next visit!!

Keon at the bar (whom was moved to a newer resort) was so funny!! He mixed drinks while the cup was on another person's shoulder, balanced a huge stack of cups on his face and kept us laughing the whole time!

The Water Sports Crew were all so sweet!! Jack (I can't remember the name on his name-tag because "Shades" told us all the staff's names as they are known by) secured the curtains on our cabana while we were shopping because it started raining! He saved all of our stuff from getting wet!! That was such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do!!

"Shades" (Orlando) and Terrence taught us all about their culture and language!! We were able to go back to Georgia with our Jamaican'isms; although it doesn't seem as authentic with our southern accents :-) They were as entertaining as the "entertainment crew". We also met Inique (I hope I spelled that correctly) later in our vacation and he was such a sweet and hospitable guy!!

Now for the Entertainment Crew -- y'all -- they were AMAZING!!! We had so much fun with them!! We also had some one-on-one time with them so we were able to see their serious side as well. These are all great guys with such ambition!! We enjoyed hanging out with Wayon (such an amazing dancer), Prince (that made fun of our Southern accents, but we gave hime some "new material") and Shane (which has so many different personalities -- if he tells you he is from Oxford University-- do not believe him)! Nickel sang Boyz to Men and Bon Jovi to me! There is so much talent!!

And last, but not least is such a great guy (Odane) that works in the gift shop and also plays music at night! He spent so much time talking to us (WHILE he was off-duty)!! He answered all the questions that we had about his home, how he grew up and what he wanted to accomplish in his life. Odane introduced us to his dad (whom also plays music at night) and his cousin (Omar - that is also a butler at WH). Odane really showed that "southern hospitality" that we are so use to and that we really appreciated!!

I can't wait to go back!! November 2015!!!!

Room Tip: Get the Butler Service!! It is AMAZING!! Everyone around us that did not have butlers really appreci...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amanda W
We're so happy to read that you had a great vacation with us. We love to hear our guests boast about our luxurious accommodations, delectable dining options, beautiful property and the wonderful personalities and hospitality of our staff. Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure creating such a memorable experience for you.

Please do consider making this an annual trip. We can't wait to welcome you back in 2015!
South Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Sandals Whitehouse in late November to celebrate my 30th birthday. We had never been to a Sandals resort before, and we were both extremely impressed with Sandals. The Whitehouse Resort is really big with plenty to suit anyone's preferences. If you want a quiet pool, they have it. If you want music and games at the pool, they have it. The beach is huge and beautiful; it is great for people who enjoy taking walks on the beach. You can venture off the property to walk along the beach and it is a really pretty walk. One of the best things about the Whitehouse resort is that it is private and secluded. There are no other resorts nearby so you don't have any vendors or traffic walking on the beach.

Another great thing about the resort is that all the rooms are ocean front. We got the cheapest room category and had no regrets about it. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean and we found the rooms to be really nice and updated. The bathroom is not super-modern but that did not matter to us at all. The only thing we missed with the lowest room category was room service - it would have been nice to have room service but it did not take away from the trip at all. Our room was in the French Village. The French Village is farthest from the restaurants but it's a beautiful walk and really not that far. We actually loved taking our evening walk to and from dinner every night. The French village pool was our favorite.

We have been to two other all-inclusive resorts (both in Riviera Maya Mexico - Excellence and El Dorado) and we thought the food at Sandals was the best of the three. We enjoy eating at nice restaurants and have travelled the world and we found the food at Sandals to be really good. I even have food allergies and the restaurants were all very accommodating. The drinks are also very good - plenty to choose from and the house wine is decent.

The Jamaicans working at the resort were all extremely friendly and were fun to interact with. We never met the famous Mr. G but maybe next time! The employees work very hard to make sure you have a great time, and they also work extremely hard keeping the property so beautiful. On our last night, our waiter (Vincent or Vinny) sang us a goodbye song at Jasmine's during dinner. Also, Tanu works at the beach is great. Also, do not miss the steel drum band show. During the day, we enjoyed paddle boarding, water skiing, and taking the hobie cats out. The sunsets are also something not to be missed.

It is true that people do get up very early to reserve cabanas and beach chairs, so we ended up doing the same. It was not a big deal - there are plenty of shaded chairs for everyone it's just a matter of getting your first pick. The resort was at full capacity while we were there which was very surprising because it NEVER felt crowded. We only had to wait for dinner one time (Eleanor's), and it was not a big deal - just grab a drink and enjoy the warm Jamaican evening. Our only "glitch" was during lunch at Neptunes one day when they forgot to put our order in. We were on island time though so no worries. Otherwise the service was pretty good.

We got a couples massage at the Red Lane Spa and enjoyed it very much. The massage was excellent and worth the time and money in my opinion.

I was really worried about the weather before we went, but it ended up being just fine. It was hot during the day but with a nice breeze. The pools and ocean were a great temperature and we spent a lot of time in the water. It did rain almost every afternoon around 2 or 3, but the showers passed very quickly (30-60 minutes max) and did not take away from the trip at all. We just got in the hot tub or waited it out under our cabana. It was perfectly sunny the whole time except for the afternoon showers.

If you are looking for a vacation with beautiful scenery, first class staff/accommodations, great food/drinks, plenty of activities or places to simply relax, you will like Sandals Whitehouse. No resort is perfect, but Whitehouse comes close. When you arrive, take your watch off and go on "island time" and relax and you will love it. We will be returning to Sandals, hopefully very soon!

4 Thank cutraveler
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandals Whitehouse. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and awesome birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another incredible stay in the future.
Ottawa
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I travelled from 16-23 October to celebrate our 25th anniversary and his 50th birthday. We travel frequently to the Caribbean, but wanted something a little special for this trip. From start to finish this was our BEST vacation ever and this resort was above and beyond anything that we had expected. Here are a few of our observations:

Beach: the beach is beautiful, soft sand that is raked and cleaned every morning. As there are no other resorts around, it is quiet, with no pedlars or vacationers from other resorts walking up and down the beach. There are lots of palapas and fabric umbrellas but you aren’t sitting cheek to jowl with your neighbours like in Punta Cana or the Mayan Riviera. The resort was at full capacity while we were there and you’d never know it from the beach. The water is relatively clear, calm, and we saw quite a few star fish! There is definitely beach grass in the water, but we just found clear spots to enjoy. Depending on where you are on the beach, the water can be of varying depths. You can walk beyond the resort (after checking out with security) and enjoy the beach for many kilometers. We took two long walks to enjoy the sunset away from the crowds.

Restaurants and Food/Drink: Absolutely incredible. We felt like we were at 5 star restaurants every day. We stayed for 10 days and didn’t get to all of the restaurants as we kept returning to our favourites! We loved the jerk pit for a snack before lunch (oh the coco bread!), Bluefield’s for the amazing view for lunch or a pizza to go from Giuseppe’s. Eleanor’s and Neptune’s were our favourites for supper. The Martini bar is fabulous; we’d stop in every evening for a drink. The Cafe de Paris – is like having Starbucks at your disposal all day long! One of our favourite things to do after dinner was to have our wine glass filled up and wander the beautiful grounds to sit by the fire pits and enjoy the evening.

Rooms: Of course one of the advantages of this resort is that all rooms are ocean view (with varying degrees of obstruction). We stayed in the second lowest category room in the Italian Village. The room was nice, standard bathroom; king sized four poster bed and a small balcony. Good sized room safe (included). This level room has no alcohol in the bar fridge – which I knew upon booking this category - but still found odd. I’ve been to 3 star resorts with at least beer in the fridge and most Caribbean resorts that I have been to now include bottles of alcohol in the room itself. However it did have many bottles of water, juice, and coke. There is also a coffee maker, blue mountain coffee and creamers.

Activities: we used the gym every day (very modern and well appointed), took the organized power walk one day (well worth doing for the views at the top of the hill), and the resort garden tour (a must do if you enjoy gardening – Oshoi is amazing!). We also saw the release of 112 baby sea turtles that hatched while we were there. Sandals Whitehouse runs an environmental program aimed at protecting sea turtles on the south coast of Jamaica. AMAZING! There are many other things to do there (sailing, kayaking etc), but we didn’t find the time to try them all!

Service: The employees and the service provided at this resort alone is reason enough for us to return to this resort. From the General Manager (Mr. G) who walks around the resort chatting with guests (and picking up the odd empty glass or garbage) to the gardeners who are so very passionate about their jobs we did not meet one team member who didn’t appear happy and proud to be working at this resort. This being said, there are a few individuals that we would like to mention in particular: Garden Tour guide and gardener: Oshoi for sharing his amazing knowledge and being so kind to us, Fletcher and Romeo in the Martini Bar, Dorine who took such amazing care of our room (and made beautiful towel art!), Ashani at Bluefield’s who always had a great table ready for us and provided fast, friendly service, O’Shane at Eleanor’s who treated us like royalty and Deneese and Arnella at Cafe de Paris who made my daily cappuccino a special occasion!

I really could go on and on about how amazing this resort is. If you have not already done so, I highly recommend the Whitehouse travel forums as well as Facebook pages (Fans of Sandals White House). These provide much information as well as access to folks that have alot of information to hare about this resort. If you have any questions for me, feel free to send a message, I am happy to help.

To the staff and management of Sandals Whitehouse – thank you for making our vacation one that we will never forget. SOON COME BACK!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tretski
We're so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at Sandals Whitehouse. It was our pleasure to make your 25th wedding anniversary and your husband's 50th birthday so special! I will be sure to let the staff know how impressed you were with their service. Your mention is very encouraging and helps us to ensure that we continue on this track of excellence.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for your kind review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
#9 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!