“Expensive...and worth every penny!”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to 25 countries and hundreds of resorts. I have no problem saying this one ranks in the top 3. The grounds are meticulously cleaned and landscaped, the food is all 5 star and the service is almost over the top, but not quite intrusive. Yes, the bus ride is long, but I looked at it as a 90 minute tour of real life in Jamaica. No worries, Mon. What you lose in a rough long ride, you gain in near seclusion on the South side of the island. You don't have persistent peddlers forcing their goods on you like on the other side of the island. Their are several pool and beach areas that suit whether you want to party or read a book quietly. If you can't be happy here, you are incapable of being happy. I plan to come back. That is the best endorsement that I can give.

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank hotmoltenlava
Write a ReviewReviews (7,355)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our amazing trip to Sandals Whitehouse: Aug. 2-11, 2013.

I had my first experience at a Sandals & was blown away!!! As a travel agent, I have stayed at many gorgeous resorts, but unfortunately not a Sandals until Aug. 2/13. Let me tell you, Sandals knows how to do things right. Sandals is known to have "Ultra All Inclusive" and I can definiyely vouch for that! I cried when I arrived & cried when I left, all tears of joy! Top notch all the way!!!

Transfer/Shuttle from Montego Bay to SWH
I have read so much about the ride from the airport to SWH! I was not worried about it, not one bit and good thing, because it was just fine & nothing out of the ordinary! No, it isn’ t a North American Highway, but, if you been on dirt or gravel roads in N.A., that is how I felt on the SWH drive. Actually, we both thought it was a bonus tour of the real Jamaica, and so fortunate to get this tour, too!! This island of Jamaica is so beautiful !!

Our SWH Vacation Experience
We arrived to SWH in 1.5 hrs, as per usual, as many guests state on TA. Upon entering the gates at SWH, we arrived in what I think “Heaven” might be like. We were immediately greeted with a “Welcome Home” and given a cool washcloth & welcome drink. We were promptly escorted into the Grand, Classy Lobby and all 4 couples, on the shuttle, were asked to sit in the comfy, lovely sofa’s, while they get our info. to check-in. We only sat for a couple min. and then we were escorted to the Club Concierge Building. Once exiting the lobby, the doors opened to this gorgeous Italian Piazza, with it’s drop dead gorgeous pool, lovely European restaurants, that lined one side of the Piazza. A glimpse of the grounds, from the lobby doors, so breathtakingly stunning!! When I saw the brochures or the Internet site for Sandals, I literally was taken back with its beauty. The brochure & website don’t lie...this place is so beautiful. We’ve been to many all inclusive resorts, but this one had something different, something we will never forget. Let me continue...
We were escorted through the grounds and to the Club Concierge building. We were immediately greeted warmly and asked if we wanted something special to drink or even, a snack to eat, while we checked-in to our room. The Club Concierge Staff are all so professional and make you feel so welcome & relaxed. You feel as if you are someone famous, or royalty, or something!! Ava the Club Concierge Mgr. is amazing. She is professional, fun and a dedicated employee! Our own personal Club Concierge contact person was the gorgeous, professional, classy, Krystal. Clinton was always a big help to us, too! Sareika went out of her way to bandage my foot and take care of me!! Thanks to all of you, and the many not named, for all your smiles, your dedication & politeness to us!! Our Club room was spectacular. We were situated in the Dutch Village, 2nd floor and very close to the ocean. Our balcony was so great, due to the proximity to the ocean & pool! We watched many lovely weddings from our outdoor space! We had a wonderful jacuzzi tub, with a separate bathroom/toilet & shower area. Two sinks near the tub were wonderful for the two of us getting ready! The fridge was stocked daily, guaranteed. Natesha was our housekeeper & she did such a great job. I asked her a few times for little favors & always “yes, my pleasure”, with a smile. Thank you for your dedication!!
Restaurants & Bars
We visited, ate & drank at all the Restaurants & Bars at SWH. All of them are fantastic! We never had a bad meal, or drink ever! The service was top notch and always with a smile & a “no problem” to any request & they mean it, too! I asked a couple of times for a salad from one meal but with a meat from another & they always made me feel like it was not a problem to accommodate me!! I do know for a fact, that does not happen at many All Inclusive Resorts! Cafe de la Paris staff was great.The staff there, too, were so awesome. We enjoyed our daily Frappacino’s & special desserts there!
Let me name (only) some staff who we had the privilege of witnessing such great, hard working people! Roxanne @ Bayside (so wonderful), Otanya @ Neptunes (we miss you & our great chats, you are such a class act, Otanya), Copeland @ Neptunes (you are a great man & a fantastic bartender, we so much enjoyed our talks with you), Keon @ Martini’s (what a great guy, too, we miss you!), Romeo @ Neptunes (my hubby taught you the finger trick...your a fun guy!), Renaldo @ Neptunes (we had some great fun watching you work, great attitude, nice smile), Tanesha @ Neptunes (great young lady - such class).
I didn’t name all of you, and I wish I could, because all of the staff worked so hard & with a smile...we have a lot to learn from these people!

Scuba Diving
My husband is a Certified PADI diver. When I told him that Diving is included in our price, I know he wondered how good the diving and staff would be. Well in one word, this is what he thought after diving with SWH Dive Team: “outstanding”! The dive staff, from the front desk staff to the Boat Diving Team, were all professional, caring, phenomenal people. Scuba Staff (A few special mentions): Dive Master, Carleton (aka - String Bean Instructor, Instructor, Roderick, and his Boat Captain, Alton. My husband said he was blown away by how good these guys are!, Since the staff were so willing to help him improve, he talked to the guys & decided to get his Advanced Certification at SWH. We were at SWH for 9 days, and he received his PADI Adv.. Cert. in 5 dives, 3 days of diving. He has never talked so highly of diving as he has of diving at SWH! Thank you Dive Staff for making my husbands vacation that much better!!

SWH - Overview
My husband & I had the best vacation ever here at SWH! From the moment we arrived, we were treated so well. We had the pleasure of meeting and talking to the General Manager, Mr. G. It is true what T.Advisors say - he is picking up garbage, tidying up around SWH, and go around inspecting & saying “Hello” to the guests. One morning, we had just finished breakfast, and we saw Mr. G. We talked to him about how great SWH is and how the staff really makes this place great! He was telling us about how he and some SWH employees, just came back, that morning from volunteering by cleaning the community beach, next door. He said the Sandals Foundation is always trying to help & work with the community. I thought this was pretty awesome of Sandals. Good job Sandals!!
The day of departure, the Club Concierge promptly picked up our luggage, as we made our way to the Lobby. That morning, Sun. Aug. 11th, quite a few people were checking out. at 10am, approx. 40 of us. SWH gave all of us the best departure send off we have ever experienced at an All Inclusive Resort. One of the Hotel Managers called all the 10 am departing guests together. Once we were all there, he thanked each & everyone of us for choosing Sandals. Then he called out for all the Dept. Managers to come forward. They sang us a departure song that brought me to tears, and many others! Then, all the managers & their staff loaded our luggage for us. We were so moved by the send off.We will never forget SWH!!!! Thank you to all of the SWH Staff who are now are friends!
We look forward to going to our Jamaican home again!!

Room Tip: Dutch village - quiet and relaxed! Club room is wonderful!
6  Thank NoWorriesJustBreathe
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our second trip to Whitehouse. We went this time to celebrate my 60th birthday (August 2013) and everything was wonderful. We had a beautiful candlelight supper on the beach with personal waiter service, the food was amazing.
We were in a concierge suite and the pampering was amazing, chocolate covered fruit would be delivered to our room, and eaten very quickly I might add.
The staff were so friendly and helpful. The entertainment was first class, but I think it is time to ditch the disco every night. It gets boring, how about a full night of karaoke?

All in all an excellent place to unwind and relax. We are already planning our next sandals vacation, see you again soon Sandals.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and there is very little noise to wake you, just enjoy.
4  Thank Derek N
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hello there and Happy 60th Birthday! Thank you for the beautiful review and what lovely photos you took! We are delighted to read how awesome of a time you had at Sandals Whitehouse again! It is a resort that tends to have many a return visitor and quite a following! The property is gorgeous as seen in your photos! The staff is also a major factor in why our guests always leave with one thing on their mind - WHEN CAN I COME BACK! :) Well we certainly are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had an amazing time here on our honeymoon. Our first night we decided to upgrade to the 'Butler Suite'…which was very expensive, but made the trip one we will never forget. We were given a cell phone to contact one of our two butlers at any time with any request we had. The beach was amazing and the water was so warm. The staff are so friendly. The best trip we have ever been on. Nothing has compared since!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joey G

Congratulations on your wedding! We are so thrilled that we helped make some beautiful memories at Sandals Whitehouse! Our honeymooners are always so happy with how romantic the resort is and the butler service is a wonderful way to enhance that. They are so good at tending to our guests' every need! You deserve it! We look forward to having you both back and wish you well in the future!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I thought we would finally write a review of Sandals Whitehouse since we read a ton of reviews on TripAdvisor.
We were at Whitehouse in July 3 - 10, 2012. This was our first experience with Sandals - and it definitely won't be our last. The service is great, as is the staff who will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.

Ride up to Whitehouse:
I read many reviews before we went and they were all right. The ride is bumpy. If you have a weak stomach - it would a rough ride. But it is well worth the trip.

Food:
The restaurants are great. Our only frustration was the lack of real spicy Jamaican food. There is one restaurant off the beach that does serve it, but it just was so bland. But after my hubby went and spoke to the chef - he made a new batch of jerk chicken just for us - it was great.

Special Service:
We booked an evening of a romantic dinner on the beach - it was great and lovely way to end our week.
I look forward to going there again.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the bumpy ride.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MSV V
Reviewed August 25, 2013

if you're looking for a place to relax this is the place for you forget all your cares and just enjoy the moment.My wife and I enjoy our stay at Whitehouse nothing to do but do nothing. Even though there is plenty to do if that is your thing. The people are friendly and more than willing to accommodate whatever your needs.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank snowpeopleusa
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at the Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica Aug 18-23..WOW..This was the best vacation we've ever been on. The ride is about 90 min from airport. Yes it was bumpy, but sit back, relax and take in the Jamaican culture and countryside. As soon as you arrive, you're pampered like kings and queens. the facility was spotless, the workers were top notch, the drinks were very good, the food was wonderful. We never had a bad meal. The best meal was lobster and shrimp at Bluefields and the Italian was very good, too. The entertainment each night was outstanding. We never had any problems finding chairs on the beach. You were not pressured or hounded on the beach like other resorts and you could totally relax...So, my advice is to book this as soon as possible and take a vacation that you will remember for a life-time. We enjoyed it so much, we've already booked it for next year... Remember ...No Problem Mon.

Room Tip: try and book a Butler's Suite...it was awesome
2  Thank Gary H

Thank you so much for your feedback! It sounded like a very relaxing vacation and you brought home a bit of that Jamaican carefree spirit! We do want all of our guests to just lay back and enjoy. No stress and worries here, it is your private oasis!
The staff members are awesome at their individual jobs and will do anything to ensure you feel like royalty! It is always so great to see their smiles!
We look forward to hearing about your next exciting Sandals experience!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!