What can I say...the people at Sandals Whitehouse continue to surpass our expectations!
When we arrived this year for our annual vacation in May we were met by Shawn from Consierge Service who escorted us to the Consierge office where we were "welcomed home" with a lovely cocktail and lots of hugs. We were upgraded to a consierge room and immediately made to feel very special. When the staff learned that this trip was our 8th visit just to Sandals Whitehouse alone, they couldn't believe it and made us feel very special and as though we had "come home". This sentiment was echoed by much of the staff throughout our week stay. We have been told that we are officially "Jamericans" because we have been to Jamaica so many times.
We first visited this beautiful resort just after the grand opening in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. We have seen many wonderful additions and improvements to the property since our first trip but one key element remains the same and that is the wonderful staff at this resort.
We are so fortunate to have met so many wonderful employees over the years. Diving is a enjoyable part of our vacation and my husband typically dives daily. Several years ago we had the pleasure of meeting Jackie who works the counter at the dive shop. We see her every year and get a big smile and hug when she sees us coming. Roderick is the dive shop manager and Alton is one of the dive boat captains and they all just can’t do enough to ensure that you have a wonderful experience! This year we met Caveda who was working the outside bar by Neptune’s. She made the most amazing margaritas with muddled fresh orange and kept them coming all week. One of the most awesome things about SWH is the staff....whether it is someone cutting the grass or someone carrying a tray of food, absolutely everyone smiles, says hello and asks you how your vacation is going. The people at this resort are a main reason why we keep coming back!
We had the opportunity to meet with Mr. G this year. He is the General Manager and can be found at all hours day or night with no job too big or too small for this guy. I don't think this guy ever goes home! It's always nice when the GM stops and talks to guests to find out how their experience is going.
The food was absolutely wonderful. Eleanors is one of our favorite restaurants and we had the Red Snapper and Filet both nights that we dined there. These meals were seriously one of the best we have ever eaten. Eleanors is well known for their filet and they certainly delivered again this year! Melt in your mouth like "butta"! Guiseppi's is also a favorite and we just love their brick oven pizzas especially late in the afternoon! This year we were surprised by the beautiful improvements made to Bluefield's which is now open for dinner as well as lunch. They added more seats and landscaping and it is just beautiful sitting right on the ocean. What a lovely, lovely spot to sit and dine and watch the beautiful ocean just steps away!
The grounds of this resort are absolutely beautiful, kept meticulous and decorated with firepits and lots of outdoor oversized seating and umbrellas creating a "Pottery Barn" feel to these areas....so nice! Honestly I don't know that it gets better than this place!
Here's the thing about Sandals and especially Whitehouse....they know how to do things right and they know how to treat their guests. Both of our children have also been married at Sandals resorts and their weddings were amazing!
So you see we have a deep seeded love affair with Sandals, especially Sandals Whitehouse and with the people there. We can't wait to go back again next year and we say enough about how fabulous this place is. After 8 trips it just keeps getting better!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica