My husband and I traveled here for his birthday. This is our second visit to a Sandals property and were quite pleased with this property. We stayed in the Italian Village, which is the closest to the main Piazza. Unless you are a party animal, I would recommend that you stay in the French Village. While it will be a longer walk to the main restaurants, it will be much quieter and you will have your own swim up pool. The Dutch village has a pool bar too, but it is not a swim up type. On Wednesday night they have a White Hot party, which goes on until 11:00 or 12:00. So if you are an early riser and like to go to bed at a decent hour, the Italian Village is not for you. There beach is infested with sand fleas, which they are constantly spraying but it didn't seem to do much good. They didn't bother us, but I know some people were bitten quite severely. The employees are really attuned to your preferences. For example, Shadae and Shamel knew I liked chocolate and my husband vanilla and suggested treats at Cafe de Paris each night we visited. Oshane and Tasheika remembered the kind of juice we preferred, that my husband likes ice for his milk, and we prefer Splenda over sugar for our coffee. They always clarified, but brought our favorite items often without having to ask. You will love this resort....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica