We just returned from Sandals Whitehouse for the second time. It has been 3 yrs since we were last here. The updates to this resort are just unbelievable! They added a boardwalk on the beach, firepits, new resturants, and remodeled the rooms! This resort is worth the 1.5 hr transfer from Montego Bay.
To start this resort has everything, from relaxing beach, active pool, nightlife, shows... etc. All in the middle of untouched Jamaica! The staff are just wonderful and friendly. The resort has beautiful grounds and gardens, an amazing spa and a beach that goes on forever! You can get up and catch the sunrise and also see the sunset! It is the best of both worlds!
Here are some things my travel agent, Kristie, from True Bliss Travel recommended! I highly recomment them as well! Don't forget to read the program in your room telling you what is going on the next day at the resort. The garden tour (its free) is amazing! Walk the beach in the morning before it gets hot, the beach goes on past the resort and it is very quite and peaceful! Don't forget to get coffee and pastries at cafe de paris in the morning! Have the Jerk Chicken on the beach (this is new)! Sit by the fire pits at night, the stars are amazing! Take the catamaran excursion to the Pelican Bar, it is and experience you will never forget and this is the only resort you can do this from! I highly recommend booking with a travel agent, as they will make sure you get exactly what you are looking for!
Another great thing about this resort is EVERY ROOM has an OCEANVIEW!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica