We’ve been home for only a week now and are wishing we were back on the beach at Sandals Whitehouse! We have written several other reports on the WH before so I will try to keep this one short. We have been to SWH six times and have number seven already booked. We have also been to most of the other Sandals and do travel to many other destinations extensively, and feel we are pretty veteran travelers. We truly enjoyed our recent SWH experience for all the same reasons we’ve mentioned in past reviews of the WH. The second to none beach, the three great pools, the many great restaurant choices, tons of water activities, outstanding staff, the new seating areas in the Bayside area, the new fire pits, and on and on (see our other reviews). We did have the chance to meet the new GM, Mr. G. We were a little worried when the WH lost Carl, the previous outstanding GM, but we are no longer worried. Mr. G is definitely out and about around the property, as well as his leadership team. It is really nice to see them engaging their guests. Thank you Mr. G for making it another special experience this past week.
I’ll approach this review a little differently by commenting on some of the concerns that others may occasionally bring up about the WH and how we recently experience them. The road, obviously nothing under the WH control, has improved. The new repaving project is well under way, with more still to go. The serving sizes at all the restaurants are appropriate, but sometimes a little small for some. You just simply ask for more or even a second entre while ordering and it is never a problem. We just had lobster and knew it was small, so we ordered two each to start with. We have been in all of the different room categories and have found them all to be nice. Obviously if you have a butler suit it will be bigger and include more, but you are paying for that. The entire resort is only seven years old and we have never seen any major signs of aging. That being said, the WH is continuing to keep the rooms in that great shape by doing some extensive guest room updating, starting with the French Village. Some have asked about the entertainment, we have always found it to be available and with many different choices each evening. This past week we found 3 or 4 different evening entertainment options every night (including the fabulous Rory Franken). There are outside and inside evening entertainment options every night. As far as the lounge chairs at the WH, there are approximately 800 of them! If at full capacity there would be 720 guests, pretty simple math to figure out that there is plenty of lounge chairs. There are lots of umbrellas as well, but there are not as many umbrellas as there are pairs of chairs and that should be on the to-improve list. We do usually bring our laptop and I-Pad along and found the strength and speed to be fine for the WIFI service.
I guess I got a little long here again. In closing, we have always found SWH “to be a very classy resort without being stuffy”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Reservation Counter so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica