“Best Sandals”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we have been to 3 other Sandals properties ,and in spite of a Hurricane Sandy distraction for an afternoon,it was an amazing holiday and property.Even better,the staff are absolutely sensational.I am reluctant to name them all but must name a few--Mr.G, the manager is terrific,Ainsley and Keen our Butlers were great and super people as well as Georgia at soon come back desk and Nickel at the breakfast buffet is a special young man.I am sorry that I can't list another 10-30 people who were so wonderful to us.This property is large yet cozy and warm.Hurricane Sandy attempted a stop and the Resort was fully prepared and handled the situation beautifully under Mr.G's capable direction and leadership. We have booked next year already !!!!

Room Tip: loved Dutch village and pool--quiet area. Action is in Italian village and main pool .Wonderful beac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (7,189)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My partner and I booked a week in early September and were fortunate to have had excellent weather the entire week. As it was low season, the resort was perhaps only 50% full which benefited us in many ways including no line ups at the bars, excellent service and such friendly staff who we got to know so well during our stay. We did not have to race to the pool to grab a lounger or on the beach; we usually started off the day with one of their special drinks which they brought to our lounger at 10am, went snorkelling and found some starfish, took long walks along the beach (miles without a crowd around); went for dinner with a choice of five fabulous restaurants, all fantastic, no lineups. Grounds and pools were beautiful and I mean stunning. Acres of greenery, beautiful for pictures and the ocean beautiful to swim in. I went waterskiing one day and could have gone everyday anytime between 10-2. Boat just waiting for takers. Lots of fun!!!! Also took out a hobie cat which boogied through the waves and wall to wall sunshine. Played pool at night, never once had to wait for one of 4 tables! Rooms were comfortable, clean, not noisy. Live entertainment every night near the restaurants, cabaret style shows; saw steel drum band play in cabaret hall. All Premium Liquor, so many different choices of drink and food, one with white glove service. Boutiques open everyday and evening for anything one might need. Did not scuba dive but many took advantage of lessons and excursions. They did not skimp on anything at this resort and made us feel at ease and comfortable as we were worried about the reception given we are two women. Met a gay travel agent who stated he was working closely with Sandals to try and increase their reputation and openess to the gay population visiting their resorts due to some negative coverage but we must say we did not feel singled out and were treated equally by all staff. A special thank you to the pool bartenders at the Dutch pool, Orlando and Waldo for so many good laughs! Would definitely return to Sandals!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank indiana67
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned from this fabulous resort! It was our first trip to a Sandals property and our first to Jamaica and we couldn't have been happier with both. The resort is beautiful, but the staff are just fantastic! Everyone was so nice. I researched all the Sandals properties before booking at Whitehouse and the only negative thing I could ever find was the trip from to the resort was horrible. Please don't let that deter you from enjoying this fantastic property! The ride is a little rough but it is also very interesting traveling through Jamaica. It is well worth the trip! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dutch Village in a concierge suite. It was great being able to order room service...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had our honeymoon in October at Whitehouse and we had the best time! Our favorite part was the food! The restaurants on the property are excellent, especially Eleanor's and Cafe de Paris! As an all-inclusive resort, we can't say enough about what a great value it is because of the restaurants! The grounds were so beautiful and the rooms are really nice as well. The other great part is being able to do watersports for no additional cost including snorkeling and scuba diving! We will definitely use Sandals again for our future vacations! Just wonderful! We definitely recommend going on the tours, especially the YS Falls and Ziplining tour! Great value!

Room Tip: The rooms in the Italian village are the best! We started in the French, were are nice too but reall...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Justed returned from Sandals Whitehouse celebrating my wife birthday. I knew that choosing Whitehouse would work out great and we were not disappointed as this was not our first visit to a Sandals. Everyone on staff were great especially our Butlers, who made sure that my Wife's birthay was a great day.

we arrived on Sunday and the staff had the resort totally cleaned up from Sandy and we enjoyed 6 days of sunshine and warm weather.

Room Tip: If possible get in the Dutch Village, great sunsets from your room. We were on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa between October 23rd and 30th, 2012. The resort was even better than we imagined it would be. All the staff was so friendly and always greeted us with smiles and hello. Check-in was a breeze, bags brought to our room quickly, room was beautiful and staff cleaned and refilled our fridge at least 3 times daily. Every time we returned to our rooms, beds were made and everything cleaned. In the evening, turn down service left a daily breeze outlining the events scheduled for the next day on the resort.

Hurricane Sandy hit on our second day at the resort. The staff did everything possible to make sure we were safe and comfortable while spending the afternoon in our room. The front desk called 3 times to check up on us as well as personal check-ins to see if we needed anything (also risking their safety checking in on us during the storm).

We were amazed at how quickly everything was cleaned up and the storm was simply a memory. The staff did everything possible to make sure our stay was memorable and wonderful. My husband and I told the front desk that we were on our honeymoon and they told us we would be getting random surprises throughout the trip. We came to our room one night to find champagne and the next night, turn down service did towel art saying "I love you" with the towels and flowers. They also gave us breakfast in our room one morning and a discount at the spa (no extra charge).

We decided to have two photoshoots (daytime and sunset). I can't say enough great things about our photographer Trevon aka. Travinci. He is so talented and made the photoshoots so much fun. He also gave us a history lesson and made a story out of every photo. I highly recommend Travellers seek out Trevon for a photoshoot, you will not regret it. The pictures are optional for purchase. Although they aren't cheap, it is well worth the price for the lasting memories.

Throughout our stay, we were blown away by the beauty of this resort. I'm already planning on saving up to return again as soon as possible. I wish I could remember everyone's name that I would like to thank but there are too many.

My only complaint I have is that although it was very nice of the resort to offer a free day/night stay because of the storm, there was a catch. You can only use it within a year and must book within 2 weeks. That was quite annoying for me because I would love to make use of the free night however, can't afford to book within two weeks because I would need to save up before booking. As much as the thought was nice, it is useless for me, sort of insulting and I see it only as a ploy to get you to book another week sooner. It's too bad because I would be more likely to book again if I had the freedom to use the voucher whenever it is more convenient for us. We pretty much lost a day with no compensation.

So i'm keeping this review a five star because everything else was so exceptional that I couldn't justify reducing the stars. I hope I can return again soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Sandals Whitehouse was our destination for our Honeymoon. It was actually suggested to us via our travel agent. She suggested it when we said we wanted a beautiful yet very low key beach. That is exactly what it was!

Although it was a grueling 90 minute ride from the airport to the resort, once we arrived, it was paradise. The grounds were beautiful, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the beach was perfect.

We stayed in the Dutch Village which was between the Italian Village and the French Village. It was perfect for us as the Italian Village was closest to all of the shops and resturants and the French Village seemed to be where they put the younger party-type people. The Ducth Village was quiet and has the best view of the sunset over the water.

Our pool was fantastic! We loved it almost more than the spa, which we vistied twice. The Red Lane spa was amazing. We had two massages during our stay.

We opted for dinner on the beach which was the most romantic thing we have ever done. There was a small gazebo right on the beach. We had personalized menus, a private waiter and the sunset for ourselves. It was amazing.

This is a definate re-vist. I cant wait to try other Sandals resorts, but we have compared every other beach vacation to this one and so far... nothing beats it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!