Sandals South Coast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$100
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
$40
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
$110
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
$90
TripAdvisor
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$616
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$603
Bookit.com
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$512
Bookit.com
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$310
$269
Official Website
  • Pool
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,496 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I recently visited Sandals Whitehouse to make up for a disappointing trip to Sandals Antigua. We have been to SWH once before in the 7 times we have visited Sandals and this property is just as amazing as we remembered. The people of Jamaica and the culture add to the wonderful experience that you just can't get anywhere else! The employees of SWH make you feel special everyday and always make us feel welcome. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff was incredibly attentive. Ms.Clark & Ms. Lewis were so accomodating and made us feel special by immediately changing our room when we arrived and discovered the safe was not working. They explained security is extremely important to them and wanted to ensure we were comfortable in a secure room. Shamara at the Soon Come Back desk was fantastic. I stopped by to get our free T-shirts and they didn't have my size on hand so she immediately asked management for assistance in finding the correct size and even offered to have it delivered to my room. She was so curteous and was a joy to have dinner with at the Select dinner as well! There are many others that made our stay wonderful and I'd like to thank all of them. Sheldon, our concierge, provided the BEST concierge service we have ever had (I think he topped the butlers we had during our last stay). He would call to check in on us to ensure all our needs were met and would proactively re-fill our water supply, beverages, and even stopped by one afternoon with cheese and crackers as a surprise. He always made certain we were 100% satisfied. I enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to make dinner reservations at any of the restaurants at this resort and we could go anywhere we wanted without planning days in advance as with some of the other Sandals we've stayed at. There was also a separate tour desk to book our excursions. Possibly this allowed the concierge to provide the quality customer service and not to be busy trying to make plans for all of their guests.
The entertainment was once again phoenominal. We love the shows at Whitehouse and feel they have the most talented performers of any other Sandals we've been to. Leevon with the entertainment team was out of this world. He made certain everyone knew it was his job to ensure everyone was having a blast every night. He introduced and hosted many of the shows and would stop by to say hi and have a nice chat with us while listening to the music at the piano bar. I wish all of the resorts had someone as warm as Leevon spending time with their guests. This personal touch really made us feel welcome and special. Cheldon and Geraldine were amazingly talented as well. They were always so inviting to whatever event was going on and made sure we were always enjoying ourselves, which of course we were! The piano bar had exceptional bartenders, especially Schamone. She makes incredible drinks, especially martinis which you wouldn't necessarily expect in the carribean. I loved the upside-down pineapple cake martinis and the cosmos! Schamone even provided poolside and beach service during the day and would make the long walk up and down the beach numerous times to ensure we had everything we needed, including water. It was very hot being August and even wearing her hot tights/uniform, she never stopped in accomodating our needs. I highly recommend Kevin's drink at the poor bar as well, Peer Pressure! Delicious! Dex & Avril were fantastic pool bartenders as well; never missing a beat.
The food at SWH is delicious. We love Guiseppes and the service there was amazing (as a side note - Sanals has changed the menus from what is listed on their website). I'd like to thank Synovia, Oshane, Murphy, & Garnett for being so accomodating and providing the best restaurant service we've had on any Sandals property. They remembered exactly what we ordered from the first night and we didn't even have to ask the other 2 nights for the special order my husband always loved (gnocchi with blue cheese - he misses the gorgonzola gnocchi that used to be served at this restaurant and was disappointed they no longer had it, even though it was on the Sandals website menu). We were especially impressed with the chef, Alwin, that made a point to come to our table to meet us and ask specifically what we wanted as a special order. His meals were delicious! Garnett even brought our food to our room one evening after we had ordered and I started not to feel well from all of the sun earlier that day. We have never experienced top notch service like this before at Sandals and we definitely want to thank him for providing us with such a wonderful experience.
The Red Lane Spa at this reort was amazing according to my husband who received his massage from Kadia. Kadia explained to him that she's been there from the very beginning and her therapy proved that!
The room attendants were excellent. Our room was always clean and the turn down service was such a nice treat.
Terrance and the rest of the beach water activities were great! We had such a ball learning how to long/paddle board with them and snorkling around the swimming area. They had so many options of fun activities, we were impressed!
The Select Guest dinner is a must do if you are able to attend. Since this was our 35th paid night we received our silver sandals. They took a picture of us with the GM, Carl, while being applaused by the crowd. We felt so previledged to have met him and have him thank us for being there. We were so surprised to receive this picture framed in our room the next day! Thank you Krystal for assisting with getting this picture to us. That was a beautiful gift! This is a fun experience and they really go out of their way to make it a special occasion. The entrance and dessert delivery by the servers was such a nice touch and very fun to watch.
Overall SWH tops all of our other Sandals experiences and we look forward to coming back! This was an extremely luxurious vacation and 5 star all the way! The only downside is that time flies when you're having this much fun!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Concierge - Italian Village is closest to the main pool and most of the restaurants
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank nnl2869
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. It's always so wonderful to hear how much our guests enjoyed their vacation with us, especially our returning guests. This being your 8th stay at one of our properties, we had high expectations to meet and I'm so happy that we were able to make your stay so amazing and memorable. I will be sure to send your encouraging feedback to the management and staff!

We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Cassie C.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I slept in a piece of paradise at Sandals Whitehouse. Jamaica is a BEAUTIFUL Island. This resort is Jamaica's only all beachfront resort with a European flair. I was a little hesitant at staying here because I thought its European flair would not make me feel right at home. I am 6' tall and most European style resorts have rooms that are just too small for me. SWH is better than I thought it would be. Designers cleverly used colors and outdoor structures with European influence, but they truly celebrate that Jamaican culture in food and service. My favorite moments are seeing the sunrise and the sunset on this beach, in addition to eating rum raising ice-cream and a grouper sandwich with coco bread (aka regular white bread in Jamaica they make in-house on the property). I will definitely go back.

NOTE: This place will really give healthy and/or struggling couples a little help in romance, relaxation and rejuvenation. The grounds are breathtaking, the spa is amazing, and everything else is truly a piece of paradise!

If you are looking for a long stretch of white sand beach this is a great option with its 2 mile beach. I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere but had enough options of entertainment and activities on the property. They had an elegant evening chocolate buffet, a couples game like the newlywed game and more. It rained a bit, actually a downpour twice, but it did not take away from my trip. Like most islands the rain doesn't last always and it dries us rather quickly.

I was impressed how every room faces the ocean here. I had a concierge walk-out suite. Beautiful! My pictures of the room don't do it justice. It is good to decide which section (aka authentic village) you want to be in before you book. I stayed in the Italian Village. I learned that the Dutch is the quiet village and the French is the party village. The Italian Village has the shorter walk to most common areas. I highly recommend you book your stay with the help of a travel agent. They know more details than what you see online. I invite you to chat with me more about booking your luxury trip at any Sandals Resort.

Room Tip: Decide which section (aka authentic village) you want to be in before you book. I stayed in the Italian Village. I learned that the Dutch is the quiet village and the French is the party village. The Italian Village has the shorter walks to areas. I also recommend you make sure you do not have a room that can connect with another. If you have sensitive ears like I do, you might hear your neighbors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank SheilaIsTru
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I wanted to have a getaway week away from our young sons. I did not want to spend long traveling and found Jamaica to be perfect as it was a short plane ride away. We traveled July 27-Aug 2.

We booked our vacation with Amy from Dream Makers Vacation Services. She helped us pick which Sandals resort in Jamaica would be best for us, which ended up being Whitehouse. She also encouraged us to try out butler rooms, which ended up being a great decision.

The drive there is no big deal at all! Yes it is a little long of a drive when all you want to do is be at the resort starting your vacation, but it's not a reason not to go to this resort. It was also nice to see parts of "real jamaica" versus resort Jamaica which is very Americanized.

Once we got there we were greated with drinks and met our butler Chris. Our room was not ready but he took us to the pizza restaurant for some lunch. When our room was ready he came and got us and took us to our room to finish the check in process.

Now our week begins...

Everything at this resort was perfect. It is very clean and kept up. Never waited long at the bars for a drink and restaurants were good. Some of the service was a bit slow at the restaurants, but we just enjoyed more wine and it did not bother us too bad.

Our butlers, Chris and Ainsley, were amazing. Anything we could possible want they had already done or was willing to do. They were both so nice and really made our vacation so much better!
I really can not say truly how great they both were and am so glad we had them to help make our vacation better.

The spa was the only thing I did not like at this resort. We went for a couples massage, which was okay, not horrible but not great. Then on Tuesday they were offering a spa party that was free to attend which had free teaser massages. They also advertised up to 30% off of services at this party. I went early in the morning to ask about the discount as the party was not until 11 and my husband and I were trying to plan our day. They did not want to offer any details, so I was a little upset about that. I then had my butler, Chris, call for me and ask and he was told that it was 20% off any 80 minute service. I went to the party and was told the same thing, 20% off a 80 minute service. I signed up for a 80 minute facial later that day. I went for my facial and was told it was full price. I asked about the discount and was told it was only for massages. I was very upset because that was not told to either Chris or I. The facial was okay, again nothing special and for the price defiantly not worth it. I will not be visiting a red lane spa at any Sandals/Beaches again.

The only excursion we went on was to the Pelican Bar. It was the best decision we had made! So much fun and a unique experience.

We can not wait to come back to this resort in the future!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ssurmay1
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I were married at the Whitehouse Sandals resort in July. Our wedding-moon was totally beautiful, romantic and perfect. The resort is huge. The staff was great ... very helpful and professional! Our room was beautifully decorated and clean. Just wonderful. We stayed in the Grande Honeymoon Beachfront with Concierge Suite. This was a walkout room. We loved the beaches in the day and romantic walks at night. Fun things to do and wonderful entertainment. A must stay! We plan to return for our 1 year anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PlaneFlyGirl
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon for 13 days from 7/31 through 8/12. Sandals Whitehouse is the perfect honeymoon destination. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which really made the trip since my wife gets up a little later than I. It was great to have separate rooms.

The resort overall was incredible; it was meticulously kept. The main pool is the place to be. Regardless of how many guests are there, it is big enough, and there are plenty of lounge chairs that the number of guests is never an issue. We spent the majority of our trip at the main pool and wouldn't have wanted any other way. Wade, Dex, Avril and Kevin at the swim-up bar are the best around. They really made our days enjoyable in many ways.

After dinner we made our way to the Martini Bar...this is the best place to be at night. Shimone and Anthony (the bartenders) are the best in Jamaica. They made our stay the most enjoyable it could be. Our trip would not have been as great as it was had it not been for Shimone and Anthony. Definitely stop in for the piano sing-a-long; it is more than worth it.

The photographers can be annoying as they don't take no for an answer when they want to take a picture of you. Also, if they tell you it'll only be one picture they are lying. Once you let them start "clicking" away, you are stuck for at least 10+. However, Trevon was the best photog there. He was accommodating, and understood that we would be there for 13 days. When we were ready, he took amazing pictures of us, and we are thankful we had it done.

Overall, the resort was well worth it, and it is a place we will definitely try to visit again. The accommodations, food, grounds, entertainment, and staff are perfect for that romantic getaway.

We thank the Whitehouse staff for making our honeymoon perfect and look forward to seeing y'all again real soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple