My husband and I booked SWH for our honeymoon and could not have been more pleased. This was our first experience with Sandals and I was afraid that it would be "cheesy". Boy was I wrong...they sure know how to make you feel special!
TRANSPORTATION- we were only at the Sandals lounge for a few minutes then our transfer got there. I have NEVER gotten motion sickness before but puked my guts out at the rest stop. I even took dramamine too! On the way back I sat up front and didn't look outside and that seemed to help a bit.
ACCOMODATIONS- We were upgraded to the 3rd floor of the Dutch Village (we like quiet). It was large, spacious and simply delightful. We did not have a stocked bar, which would have been great. Our room category did not call for that. However, we brought our Bubba Kegs and just filled up before coming back to the room. 52oz lasts for a while, believe me :)
We loved Bayside's breakfast buffet to grab a bite before going scuba diving. Bluefields for lunch was perfect as we like to eat outside by the water whenever possible. The Jamaican bread and the jerk calamari were pure heaven. For dinner, Eleanor's could not be beat and make sure to make reservations for the Pirate's dinner on Thursday nights. Wear loose fitting clothes as you will gorge yourselves and then try and limbo :)
Make sure to check out Cafe de Paris....on a daily basis! The bake shop is to die for and it probably took a year off my life as we stopped by at least 2x a day.
SCUBA DIVING- People never post about this so I figured I'd let you know. I am already certified but my husband got his full PADI certification in 2 days for $400. It is the same price in the states but takes WAY more time and for us midwestern folks, we'd have to do our checkout dives in a cold lake..brrrr.
The diving is fair but if you love to dive (and it's included in the price) you'll just be happy doing it. The thing I loved most was the random dolphin that showed up and actually hit my arm. Scared the fins off of me at first but it came around us for about 30 seconds then swam away. Most unexpected! Note: if you say you haven't dove in over a year, they make you take a refresher course that's like $75 bucks....so you may have to fudge your dates a little if you dont' want to do that. If you truly haven't gone in a while, then a refresher might help because you'll have to set up all your stuff. If you love to dive and want to see a lot more life, take a day trip to Sandals Negril as the water is much clearer and there's a lot more action.
GROUNDS- the grounds are immaculate and the staff is amazing. Tons of photo ops everywhere.
All and all, I have NEVER been so relaxed in my entire life. Everyone else was on their honeymoon too so it was very special to all share that.
We did a lot of homework looking at all the Sandals properties, pros/cons, prices, and this one was the perfect choice for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica