My new husband and I returned this week from our Honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse.
First let me start by saying the trip was fantastic. If you are a fun loving couple the trip from the airport is nothing more than a guided tour through the Jamaican countryside. No worries Mon!
The people at Sandals are what make this resort outstanding. They are so laid back, friendly, accommodating, and fun to be around.
We loved all the food and drinks...my recommendation is to try a BBC. (Bananas, Baileys and Rum Cream) and we both loved Giuseppe’s for dinner.
There are activities every night for those interested. You can be as laid back or as active as you want. We spent a couple of the nights enjoying the shows but the other nights we took advantage of the privacy and walked along the beach.
The beach is beautiful and natural with trees growing right up from the sand. The water was crystal clear and there is a reef just a little ways out that keeps the water very calm. I was able to sit out in the shallow water without worrying about being knocked over by waves. :) If you have been to other beaches you know what I mean.
My only complaint would be the seaweed in the water. It is not everywhere but there are large patches of seaweed that make walking in the ocean an unpleasant experience. It does however make for beautiful pictures so we got to where we just walked around it.
Besides that though, this hotel is defiantly one to go to. Beautiful setting away from all the busy streets and crowds. We had the beach and the pools to ourselves completely many times during our stay. Very secluded, very private, very romantic. This resort has it down to an art.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica