Sandals South Coast
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
$40
Hotwire.com
  • Room Service
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$517
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$563
$429
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$506
$403
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$306
$269
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,538 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My husband and I went on our first getaway without our three kids in over 3 years.. the bus ride was bad- too long and bumpy…. but… when we arrived we were greeted with cold towels and cocktails and were immediately taken care of. We got a mini tour as we were escorted to our room-- which was in the French section--(the best!).. The grounds are meticulously maintained- and the views are heavenly.
Our room was a walk out facing the beach, so it was a great location. It looked a little smaller than the web photos, but it had everything we needed.
(*ONE IMPORTANT NOTE* each morning there was a series of loud electronic beeps that began early in the morning, we never found out what it was.. it became a joke, we would try to run outside and find it and we never did…. maybe that would only be heard on the ground floor?)
Lots of daily entertainment at the various pools and beaches, beach volleyball, waterskiing, sailing, pool volleyball, snorkeling, as well as opportunities for excursions off site. We chose the zip lining tour and it was AMAZING! the guides were totally professional and fun, we felt very safe cannonballing into the wide open air, tethered on a cable.. It was fantastic, we highly recommend it.
For those days when you want to lay around and soak in the sun, the French pool and swim up bar are perfect- not too crowded, lots of chairs and a lunch cafe attached to the bar. One small note about the pool- the double beds by the pool were impossible to get- they are reserved perhaps in the middle of the night by staff because they were always reserved and often never used. That became a bit frustrating and we did takeover one one day and thoroughly enjoyed laying together. But perhaps they should invest in more or not have any, as it became a hot topic int he hot tub among guests.
The food was good, drinks were plentiful and cold and staff was sweet. We hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Room Tip: stay away from ground floor in the French section
3  Thank schott2826
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The ride from the airport, although 80 minutes or so, was long, but interesting, and brought us to Sandals Whitehouse, one of the most beautiful resorts I've had the pleasure to visit. Went with my Husband and another couple. The grounds are so extraordinary - pictures do not do them justice. The food was wonderful. With concierge service, we could make reservations for dinner, important since my husband is a diabetic. Pools are beautiful. Only con: pool chairs. I know one has to play the pool chair game at many resorts, but I went out one morning at 6:30 and could not find a chair near the Dutch Pool, which was near our rooms. The couple we traveled with were a bit older than us, and they did not want to trek back and forth to a different pool. Unless you had a butler, or were willing to get up prior to 6:30, you could not get a lounge chair at a pool. Since there's nothing to do during the day but sit at the pool, I have to say I would not pay $5000 for a week and not have a seat at a pool. We'll not be returning, much to our disappointment. If anyone has any specific questions, please let me know, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Room Tip: All rooms great views, from what I saw.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CBJ18424
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is our second trip to a Sandals resort in Jamaica. When we arrived although we had preregistered on line, they still made us do it again. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon which was the night for the return guest party, we received our invite to theis party two days later for the net Wednesdays event which took place after our weeks vacation was over. We had a small group of four couples and although we had requested to have rooms in the same area of the resort they had us from one end to the other. After voicing our disapointment your desk staff were able to accomdate us near each other. My wife and I upgraded our room to a Grand Luxury beachfront, with our friends having a luxury rooms. We visited our friends rooms and found that there was no difference between the rooms. We also found that our room was not madeup to after 4pm and on two occasions we had to call housekeeping after 530 pm to have it madeup. Our room was nice but could have been cleaned better. The food was very good and your restaurants had no problem accomdating our group of 8 persons. The beach and pool areas are lovely. Now for the pesty Sand Fleas. It would have been nice for some warning that the beach and area around the Resort was infested with Flea's. Everyone was bitten and now a week later we are still very itchy.

Thanks

Victor

Reviewed April 1, 2011

Ok, first I will start by saying I had read many many reviews before booking our vacation to the Whitehouse.
Yeah, there are alot of bugs at the beach, so, plan for it people, pack the spray.
Yeah, the rides a little bumpy, so, plan for it people, pack a cushy donut if it bothers you so much.

We stayed in the French Villa and most complaints about it was the long walk (really people) from French villas to the restaurants, shops, and nightlife it was a pretty much stated that is was one of the CONS, me I would say it was a PRO, come on, whether you walk the beach or walk the grounds, it was a beautiful walk in paradise, and hey, with all the food and drinks, we could all use a little excercise.

The next complaint was the very long wait for food (very very true), we also planned for this. Don't wait until you're starving to head over for dinner. Go to the gift shop your first day and stock up on chips, cookies, snacks, etc.

Ok, onto the service:
Now unlike one review stated that they had plopped down $20 the first day to a bartender and never saw him again, that folks is an INSULT. You're not trying to buy the help. I spent every late morning and afternoon at the French pool bar (back and forth quite often), half way through the first day, I chatted up the bartender I was using and introduced myself and asked how to pronounce his name, I shook his hand and slipped him $5 NOT $20, I never ever had to wait to be served, now is it fair, maybe not, but it worked for me. I repeated this each and every day and was treated better than the conceirge level guests, I had a bag with 6 beers waiting for me before the bar closed EVERY DAY to stock my fridge.

Now onto the long wait for dinner, mind you ,all conceirge levels can make reservations and move up in the line, so, once again I walked over to the Hostess gave my name and told her we were starving ,if she could do anything at all to cut the hour and twenty minute wait it would be so appreciated, I shook her had and slipped her $5, about 7 minutes later our table was ready (ahead of the conceirge level folks waiting at the bar). She sent the waiter immediately to our table for the drink order. When we were done eating and said good night to the hostess, she told us she would be working at another restaurant the following evening, yep, we showed up there the next night and repeated the process again.
So, between the bartender and the hostess we laid out $70 from our pocket for the entire week and never waited for food, drinks, or a stocked fridge. This is FAR less than paying conceirge level and perhaps getting treated a little better. You don't have to be loud and shout to everyone that you're tipping, or you're a big shot, nothing at all like that, we were quiet, respectable and VERY appreciative to them also.

Now I know you "shouldn't" have to pay at all, tips are not accepted, it's All Inclusive, that's why they have Conceirge level, yadda yadda yadda.
A little goes a long way, and worked perfect for us to enjoy a perfect vacation.
So, yeah, I would not have rated this place 4 or 5 star, but with a couple of bucks, it was 4 to 5 stars us!!!!

2  Thank LitchfieldLucy
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Love the ambiance at Whitehouse Sandals , and the wonderful Beachfront Rooms, the hammoks and the quiet beach.
Dining rooms and service is friendly , food is tasty .
Watersports in abundance, free is nice for boat trips glassbottom ,and snorkeling.
LOvely mountainous scenery beyond.
Excursions to YS Falls and and the Black river Fun and Educational.for all.

Room Tip: BOOK Italian Village Concierge at least. SUITES
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business