“Breathtaking Views All Around”
other travelers have booked this property
little slice of island paradise...
Entrance to the ocean Snarking time
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Entrance to the ocean
Snarking time
Drone  picture
Patio
Sunset from the pool deck
Late night shot
Private function
Walkway to the ocean
Private wedding
View from the pool deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah M
“Breathtaking Views All Around”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Villa Gilgal On the South West side of Jamaica is absolutely perfect all around! The area is Beautiful, a great fish market nearby, "Jungle Tours", Pelican Bar (Bar in the middle of the ocean, well 3/4 mile from shore), close to Negril and Mobay, clear beautiful water among so much more.

George(The Host/Owner), Jermaine, Oneil, & Chef Dave, Thank you all so much for a wonderful stay. My family and I had a great time at Villa Gilgal. Our stay was so peaceful and relaxing. The views from all around the property were breathtaking, the house was always kept clean, Jermaine and Oneil were super friendly and attentive, they made us feel right at home and Chef Dave made some delicious meals. Villa Gilgal comes with a great team to make you feel spoiled! The only sad part about Villa Gilgal was having to leave. We were all sad to go so soon and we can't wait to come back!

Overall everything about your home and staff was great! Our one suggestion would be to add some sea sport activities like kayaking, jet skis, or even a little boat for fishing and touring. Other than that our stay was absolutely perfect! Thanks again so much!!

Your age range 25-34
DDiamon
Laud lks
“Paradise”
Reviewed May 16, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

The staff readily awaits your arrival with warm welcoming smiles, cool refreshing towels, and freshly made beverages; all accompanied by a pleasant greeting from Jermaine (the main host) that reassures you, your stay at Villa Gil Gal will provide ultimate relaxation from beginning to end.

Did I mention ultimate relaxation? Well, take two more steps through the artistically designed glass and wooden doors to find yourself engulfed by an oasis of tranquility.

As Jermaine guides you on a brief tour of the house, the biggest challenge is keeping your eyes focused on one illuminated feature at a time -From the vaulted cathedral ceilings located in the main living/dining area to the spacious kitchen connected to an open deck with a view of the ocean that I am convinced leads straight to heaven; this home is immeasurably breathtaking.

As one member of six friends traveling for an all girl getaway vacation, the only decision we had to make was which one of the spacious rooms we could make our way to in order to quickly unpack and change into our bathing suits... and eventually sleep of course...

Jermaine, Chef Black, O’Neol, and Zaga have exceeded all standards for providing quality service. You’re guaranteed to wish you booked more days to capture intriguing sunrises on the upper deck, an enticing breakfast with Oceanside views, magnificent poolside lunches, and ultimately making your way to the outdoor jacuzzi with a full view of evening sunset.

We also took advantage of excursion packages available to explore YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. Only to return in the evening and find the staff once again outdid themselves with the cutest bed-turndown service I have ever witnessed!

I am convinced this must be what heaven feels like. I can’t wait to book my next visit only this time I think I’ll stay longer!

Thank you Villa Gil Gal for proving an amazing experience and making every day feel like home!

Porschia2...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Serenity & Relaxation Calls...”
Reviewed May 16, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The moment you enter this treasure by the ocean, you are greeted by the most accommodating staff who are immediately ready to fulfill your every need. A cool towel and refreshing drink is the perfect greeting for a relaxed time at this beautiful villa. The grounds are perfectly manicured to capture your every memory at this hideaway. From the rich foliage to the pristinely kept interior, there is attention to detail both inside and out. Somehow, you never see the staff but they appear as though anticipating your every need. The rooms are immaculate and there is plenty of wide open spaces for large groups to gather and socialize. There was great attention to detail when the owner designed this property.

There is endless scenery that you could be there for days and not notice how many places you have to capture on camera. The food was amazing!!! The chef was accommodating and fresh seafood was available right from the sea. I couldn't have asked for better accommodations and will definitely be back as soon as we can! Thanks to George and the staff for making this trip amazing and memorable!!!

Kymbre D
“The best birthday vacation ever!”
Reviewed March 27, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Overall Experience:
I am really unsure where to begin as this experience was everything you would want in a vacation and oh so, so, so much more! I stayed here with 2 other friends for five (5) days and we could not believe the level of service and care that we received from the second we were picked up from the airport to the moment we left.

Another reviewer expressed how wonderful the staff and provided driver were and I have to truly second their opinion as the service was second to none. I have traveled all over the world for both business and leisure and I simply cannot say enough about this place.

Villa:
The grounds were beautiful, clean and so serene. There were so many places to go and sit and enjoy the breeze, the sound of the ocean, read peacefully on a hammock, or sit on the patio right outside the master suite and stare into the sky. From the perfectly manicured grass to the gorgeous flowers placed around the dining areas, the atmosphere was comforting and comparable to what you receive at a 5-star hotel.

Service:
The staff would not allow you to lift a finger. If you thought about it in your mind, 5 minutes later...it appeared! I thought about a rum punch, there it was in front of me; I thought about having a cool glass of water first thing in the morning, suddenly there was a glass picture of iced water with large orange slices in it; I jumped in the jacuzzi, suddenly there were a selection of towels laying next to the swim-up pool bar; I mean, where did it come from?...I didn't see anyone!!! Suffice it to say, every, I mean every need was met in a professional and timely manner, I could really go on and on and on about the service, but you 'll have to see for yourself.

Food:
Everyone who knows me knows that I think I am a certified food critic (in my mind), so when it comes to cuisine in other countries, I am extremely critical..well, let me tell you -- THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! From the actual food itself to the upscale dinner service, white linens and napkins and flowers and proper glasses for cocktails, water, and wine, this was one of the true high points! If I could just have one more serving of the traditional meals that the chef served right now, I would be such a happy woman. This element of the trip cannot be ignored as I was blown away at every meal. This is a MUST!

The clean, white linens, duvets, rugs, and towels were a perfect touch. The giant shower gels, shampoos, and conditioners that were provided in every bathroom were a spectacular addition. Everything was so clean and accounted for, you did not need for anything.

One of the really nice amenities was the TV option. There was Netflix and all the other internet stations as well as a selection of DVDs so you were never too distant from those daily needs. We barely used the TVs but the wifi was excellent and so helpful, for obvious reasons.

Car Service / Security:
The personal driver was another element that you do not realize you need but was extremely helpful. Anytime we needed him, we would call him and tell him our plans and the time we would need him and he would be there dressed professionally and ready to accommodate our needs.

Sometimes we went a little too far, but he never complained. We went all over the island and back, and he was great. He dealt with the locals for us when we visited some local bars and restaurants to get that authentic feel and he made sure that we felt safe and were not taken advantage of when we asked to experience some local nightlife. We loved this feature!

Pool / Ocean:
The pool was one of the places we spent most of our time. The swim-up bar with 'in-pool' bar seats was great for our purposes. We would drink under the waterfall then swim over to the bar and order another one...AND the staff served our cocktails straight from the bar all day long...it was just so easy and relaxing. We really did not need to go anywhere.

View:
Need I say more? Look at the pictures. The view is uninterrupted and just the most beautiful sight to see every morning.

Final thoughts:
We're going back in a few months with more friends! I can't wait.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Christmas vacation rental for our family”
Reviewed January 3, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Our family of four (two daughters 17 and 20) stayed at this villa from 12-25-17 through 1-1-18. The villa is beautiful and very clean. Daily cleaning is included as well as laundry, which is an added bonus. Chef services are available as well for the cost of groceries, which we used every day. The pool and hot tub were terrific and the view of the ocean is wonderful. It was nice to have the ocean access via the stairs built into the cliff. The wifi was a bit spotty for us and the cable/netflix would not work for us, but that was not a big deal, and there were lots of dvds to watch. The house is in a quieter area-this is not a shopping, restaurant or bar district, but we knew that going in and wanted the relaxation. We took a day trip to Negril to hang out on the beach (rented a cabana at Margaritaville) and then went to Rick's Cafe for dinner and cliff jumping which was fun. We also took another day trip to YS Falls and then to Pelican Bar (dive bar in the ocean), which was also very fun. Would recommend both, although be aware that Negril is about an hour away from the house. The owner, George, was great and timely with all communications. He arranged our rental car for us as well as a driver, which was very reasonable and HIGHLY recommended. The house is about 1.5 hours from the airport and my husband was very glad he did not have to drive as the roads are narrow and not in great shape in many spots. Overall we had an excellent vacation.

Tina S
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Mother's Day Post Celebration and Relaxation!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

My sister and I decided to give our mom a post Mother's Day treat and some well needed relaxation so we decided to look to the South Coast for a 5 day family getaway for 6 of us including my two beautiful children.

This unpretentious, stunning property surpassed all our expectations. We arrived very late by own transportation in the night exhausted from our journey and the staff members were eagerly waiting to welcome us; we felt at home right away. They were always very friendly, attentive and willing to please. The service was impeccable. The grounds and gardens are beautifully kept and picture perfect. We've never experienced such calmness. We woke up to the sound of the waves every morning with breakfast overlooking the water and ended our evenings watching the beautiful sunsets. We enjoyed dinner outdoors under the stars. The cuisine was delicious. Thanks to the amazing chef!

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing and restful vacation for a family getaway then I would recommend this luxurious four bedroom villa with breathtaking views of the ocean, a large swimming pool with a built-in heated jacuzzi, swim up bar and your own private access to the sea. The rooms are gorgeous, always clean and spacious.

Thanks to the owner and the amazing team at Villa GilGal for making our stay a fabulous, memorable one! Our mom is still raving about your lovely property and we are very pleased that a she enjoyed every moment of her stay. It was truly and unforgettable experience for all of us. We will certainly be coming back very soon.

Management Response
Jun 17, 2017
Dear Tina S,

Thank you for your lovely five star review and for choosing Villa GilGal to celebrate such special occasion for your mother.

It was truly our pleasure hosting you and the rest of your family. We are happy to know that you all got a chance to experience our beautiful property, jacuzzi, cuisine, spacious rooms as well as our amazing staff members. We will certainly share your sentiments with the rest of the team.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your return!

Best regards,
KellyCart...
New York City, New York
“My New Sabbatical!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This place was well worth it!!! I stayed here with 3 of my friends. The owner arranged transportation from the airport which was a huge plus. This allowed us to enjoy and take in the beautiful scenic view. The personal chef made all the traditional meals we asked for. All we did was get the groceries and Mr Lincoln took care of the rest!! The best part was having breakfast under the gazebo and detoxing in the saltwater swimming pool. This is exactly what the doctor ordered. If you need to relax and decompress or just run around naked, I would definitely book this property again.

Management Response
May 27, 2017
Thank you for your kind words..
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing