“best burger in Bali”

BB52 Burgers Berawa
Ranked #34 of 123 Restaurants in Tibubeneng
Description: BB52 Burgers, Sexy Burgers & Gin from Healthy Vegan to finger licking Constantly delivering the highest quality standards 100K Burger&Gin ever Saturday Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

there's non higher! Juicy patty, tasty bun, great presentation and amazing value for money. I have been at least 8 times and i'll keep going back for more! Not to miss!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Came here with 3 friends in the evening. The restaurant atmosphere is quite hipster with pink lights around. We ordered craft beer and gin tonic as part of their promotion 100k for a GT and a burger.
I must say The burgers are very decent but they don’t come with fries. And they are not on the cheapest end too. Range from 85 k to 110 k for the burger only plus the sides. Funky presentation in a surfboard shaped plate But not so practical as there is not much room on the plate really. Cocktails were ok too but nothing memorable, it looked as they were premixed. Lots of vegan options. I Must say the Pattie was nice and juicy. Second best burger in bali

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Sunday, 7PM, berawa restaurant was surprisingly empty. There were only 2 gojek driver out the front, the staff and a manager.

The moment I entered the restaurant, I went in straight away to the counter and only was finally greeted on the inside by one of the staff by “yes, gojek?” .

I had to ask him again to make sure I heard it correctly, and yes, he was not greeting me of where I’d like to be seated or whatsoever, but he was going to take an order from gojek (me).

I have no idea why and how would the staff think / judge that I was a gojek. I came with a white t shirt and a short, a very unlike gojek attire with their green jacket and long pants.

I found this is totally irritating and judgmental. I spoke to one of the manager that was siting on the table to get a better understanding on how service is being run in this restaurant.
I asked him if he run the restaurant, and he said yes, after explaining what happened, his reaction was only “I apologize but I’m sure it’s not what he (the staff) meant”. Seriously, this manager didn’t even bothered to get up from his seat and talk to me properly. He was talking to me while he is still sitting on the sofa.

I mean guys, just because your restaurant is empty, and all the two other customer are gojek, that doesn’t make me a gojek too. Seriously.

Just for your note, I was particularly made my way to berawa to check out the restaurant, when I realized on the parking area that it was empty, I still went in because I wanted to check this out.
But what happened next was just very disappointing.

You have to remember being a business in Indonesia, you have to respect the Indonesian as much as you respect the foreigners. After all, all customer no matter where they’re from should have been treated equally, we are all paying the same price.

Don’t get me wrong with gojek.
I love them, I’m a regular customer of gojek. But when I go to a restaurant, and I am being treated as a gojek instead of a customer, that cant go well.

Date of visit: December 2019
Frank93413, Owner at BB52 Burgers Berawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Hello Ian,
Thank you for your review. We’re sad to read that your time at BB52 Berawa didn’t go that well, but more importantly, that you didn’t get a chance to try the full BB52 experience and enjoy some of our ‘Burger & Gin’s’. Our Saturday night are super successful and get busy because we have a special event with 100K burger and Gin, and DJ playing beats the whole night, with most of our loyal consumers joining, hence Sunday night gets a bit quieter. But hey, we’re still in an opening phase, and as for any business it takes time to be able to secure a full house every single day of the week; I’m sure any business owner will be able to agree with that.
We do apologise for the misunderstanding, it truly was a genuine mistake with strictly no intention to offend or disrespect. You were alone, entered and went straight to the cashier inside the restaurant while starring at your phone, which is very unusual for customers, but the typical way to go for all go jek drivers coming to pick up an order, hence the confusion.
On the other side, we do not understand your over reaction – as we do NOT believe that being a Go Jek driver is an insult. If it is your belief, then you might want to ask yourself, who is the racist here? Being racist is not only about nationality but also about social status and lifestyle difference. At BB52, we believe that Go Jek drivers are very hardworking people and do a job which is as honorable as any other job. They are important stakeholders to the success of our business and they get the same respect than any other of our business partners or customers. By saying that you felt insulted by having been mistaken for a Go Jek Driver, you are the one insulting all the go jek drivers, and this is I believe more choking than anything else.

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

The best burgers in Bali! I used to go to Batu Bolong area, but now they open closed to my house They have also gluten free burger ! Recommended the Alpi burger with the truffle sauce!

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for a burger this is the right place! Definitely my favorite burger place in canggu! Service is fast and the staff is very friendly..located along Raya Semat, very easy to find!
I had Alpi burger and French fries! The truffle sauce they use for the burger is absolutely yummy! Definitely recommend it!