“Great place!!”

Malinbeg Hostel
Malaga, Spain
“Great place!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The place is wonderful, everything super clean. Frank is really friendly and he is all the time making sure that you are comfortable and that the fireplace keeps burning. All the rooms are in-suite and altough it, when I booked it, it didn't mention that breakfast was included, Frank has the kitchen full of things for the guests. The view is amazing and the beach is 2 mins away

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very nice, clean and quiet hostel in a perfect location, each room has a sea view, very close to the Malinbeg beach. We stayed there one night only and really enjoyed an evening by the fireplace and a nice chat with Frank, the owner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of the highlights of my Irish Sojourn--and only the 2nd Hostel of my life:-) Most excellent and gorgeous experience thanks to Frank's care and concern for each of his guests and his attention to the absolute pristine cleanliness of the hostel. Great room with wonderful fire each evening. Fabulous walking and hiking. One of Europe's most scenic beaches. Dolmen(s). Fishing. Biking. Excellent kitchen facilities, showers, etc. Two nights, wish it could have been 3 or 4. As a solo traveler, I had a grand time! Think I'm taking my grandboyo over soon and to Frank's we'll go so that we have a nice base for exploring more North and East. Donegal is magical and mystical.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ann L
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a great two night stay here. The hostel is in a remote but scenic location and a great base for walking Slieve League.The owner was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. He was also very knowledgeable about activities in the area. The place was spotless with excellent kitchen facilities. The price was also very reasonable. I highly recommend this hostel and will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have great memories of happening across Silver Strand on a family vacation ten years ago, and so when I was booking a trip around Ireland for a group of friends, I looked up that beach I remembered and booked this hostel so I could show them the area. It turned out to be a great decision! We stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time. The owner, Frank, was so welcoming and helpful, with great advice and suggestions for things to do. He keeps a roaring fire going in the evening and the kitchen is great - clean and well-stocked. We were traveling during the slow season, and with just our group of five around, the hostel was cozy and felt just like home. We will certainly return next time we're traveling through Donegal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My friend and I had gone on a road trip around Ireland last summer and I was incharge of finding the hostels. I was supposed to have gotten something in a city center but accidently booked this hostel. We were both so so happy with this mistake as it was probably the nicest of all hostels we've ever stayed at. The owners were so welcoming and friendly, the place was clean and felt really homey. Its honestly such a beautiful location.

I really just wanted to address an issue or comment made below about the owner being unfriendly to English people. My friend is from England and I'm from Canada and neither of us felt that hostility at all. We felt more than welcome and it made our trip.

Thank you for the hospitality Frank!

Anissa

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ALR_Khan
New York
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found the Malinbeg Hostel a friendly, clean and excellent place to stay for a good price in this region. The kitchen and breakfast area was fantastic. We opted for a served breakfast and had a very delicious one. I wish we could have stayed longer, the area is ripe for lots of excursions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glencolmcille
Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 4 in Ballyshannon
Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille
Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille
#1 of 3 in Glencolmcille

Been to Malinbeg Hostel? Share your experiences!