“Average Hotel...don't think I'd be recommending!”

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I won a voucher for a one night stay here in January and decided to treat my mum. We arrived and checked in and went to our room. As we walked along the corridor towards the room, it got colder and colder. The room we had been given was BALTIC! It also had a double bed where I had booked a twin. called down to reception and the response was 'oh we're overbooked!'. Then the girl told me she'd see what I could do. Got sick of waiting in the cold room so we went downstairs and spoke to a different girl on reception who was more than helpful & we got our twin room.

The room we ended up with was fine, nothing special. Very warm that side of the hotel!

We ate in the Italian which was lovely and the staff were great.

The brekkie was fine, standard buffet brekkie. Plenty of options!

Pool area is lovely but the changing rooms were also freezing!

Overall it was fine because it was a voucher we had won but I wouldn't be paying for it and I don't think I'd be recommending it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aoifeey
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor.I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that your room was cold when you checked in. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in our Italian Restaurant Assaggio.
Thank you for your business and I do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here with my husband on a spa break. We got a great deal on the hotel and spa package (separately) through Pigsback.com
The hotel is very presentable and the room and bathroom were far larger than I had expected.
The spa treatments were great and the staff lovely. Breakfast was fairly impressive with great variety. Eggs were cooked to order and dietary requirements catered for.

My only gripes were the following:
My husband found an old sock on the floor near the window which was not ours. This made us question how thorough the cleaners were.

When I went down for my spa appointment, I was left waiting a full hour past my time before I was seen to. They did apologise etc but it's just excessive.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and for your recommendation.
I am sorry you were left waiting for too long before your spa treatment but glad that when you did experience our spa it was pleasurable
Thank you for your business and I do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

recently stayed in this hotel bed & breakfast .the room was very comfortable & clean the staff were very friendly but the hotel bar & restaurants lacked atmosphere .had bar food which was very good ,but there was a dart game on the big screen ,not for a hotel.following morning had a hot breakfast on a cold plate (basic error chef!!) but beautiful selection of fruits & breads.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry you thought our bar and restaurant lacked atmosphere. I am delighted you found our staff friendly and that your bedroom was comfortable and clean.
I do hope you will return to us again and I thank you for your business.
General Manager .

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had our wedding there 26/09/2013 it was the best day of our lives!!The staff help make our
day so specail.We had our cermony there too,the room was so beartifully aid out for us candels
and flowers.The whole day went perfect.Food was out of this world,theres was no dealy or any guests eft waiting.The staff were so hepful.Nicola who was our wedding coordinator was just fantastic helping us from day one ,when we booked hotel and started planing our specail day.Jason who looked after us on the day was just briliant.They made us and our guest's feel so wecome.Honeymoon suite was out of this world.Woud highly recommend Westgrove Hotel!!!
Thank you so much ,looking forward to staying there for our 1st anniversary!!
Sid & Joan Kelly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Bride and Groom, (Sorry not allowed to use your names -Trip Advisor Rules! )
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of your Civil Service and Wedding Reception held in our Hotel. We are delighted that you were so happy with your day and Nicola and Jason and in fact all the team are so proud of your kind words.
We very much appreciate your praise and thank you for your recommendation to other prospective couples.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your first wedding anniversary and wish you both every happiness in your lives together.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Check in was great, took my 8 year old swimming & I was told I had to use the family changing area, the floor was so wet I refused to change in it. I was told I couldn't use the ladies changing area because he was too old. Dinner in the bar was great but breakfast was a disaster. Breakfast finished at 10.30, we arrived at 10.25, we had to ask for bowls etc, when we went for the hot food the chef kept looking at the clock, as he was serving us. When we were in the middle of our breakfast, the waitress took away milk, butter, salt & pepper. We had parked outside the leisure center, the receptionist said that was ok, well it cost me 90 euros to have the clamp removed! I spoke to a senior member of staff who shrugged her shoulders & made no offer of reimbursement

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessie551
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am so sorry to hear you were clamped but you parked in the carpark of an adjoining apartment complex that we do not own. This carpark is managed by a carpark management company and clamping is in force as per the signs.
If you would like to contact me directly on 045 98 99 09 and I will see what I can do for you.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The staff and setting the ambience and menus the rooms and grounds were delightful and very restful Nearby shopping for the Ldies in Kildare and the marvellous Bob & Kate's in Clane, a rewarding stay throughly delightful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Westgrove Hotel. Thank you for all your kind words.
I do hope you will return to us again in the near future.
General manager

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels in Ireland and I would rate this one up there with the best of them. We had already made a booking but on the day before leaving we had read some of the reviews and started to have reservations about our stay. This has been the best lesson for me not to prejudge anything before you try it for yourself. We found the staff accomodating and friendly. The hotel warm and clean and the food excellent. I now firmly beleive when you read very negative reviews alongside positive ones that these negative people have issues that no one could please.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank StephenmAntrim
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your break away and found the our staff accommodating and friendly. I am delighted you found us offering good value for money and that you liked the food and found the Hotel warm and clean and to your liking.
Thank you for your business and for recommending us we very much appreciate it.
I do hope we encourage you to return again to the Westgrove Hotel, Leisure Club and Spa and discover more of what County Kildare has to offer.
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
The Court Yard Hotel
The Court Yard Hotel
#2 of 4 in Leixlip

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!