“Best French toast and pancetta in town.”
Review of the Maple Lounge - CLOSED

the Maple Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Cover in maple syrup and have a machiatto afterwards. A spot on Sunday morning brunch, a shame it's not offered on other days, but I guess that's what makes it even better.

1  Thank JennyCSurrey

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Maybe I got an off day and I will preface this by saying that I will go back again on another day to see if it was still the same but overall, I wasn't WOW'd like others have been, which was a real shame as I was hoping for so much more than what I got.
I went with a couple of friends for Breakfast was given a menu and advised how to order.
We had a full English, a Panini and Poached eggs on toast.

The food did take quite a long time to arrive, despite it being very quiet, but I was putting that down to the food being freshly cooked, so I am not too worried about that.

My concerns were more about the food itself, it was simply over cooked. Poached Eggs were solid in the middle, if not running yolk, they should be soft, these were not. Toast very tough. The scrambled eggs were bouncy and rubbery and the Full English Breakfast seemed to be 80% Beans and Toast.

I was left feeling disappointed, but only because my expectations were pretty high after reading other reviews and this place was on my list of "to do's" next time In was in the area. There was nothing bad but there was also nothing great.

I will go again, because I want to have the experience others have had and if they were just having an off day I will be happy to report back, but for the moment, for me, The Maple Lounge will be tagged as an OK place to eat.

3  Thank GingerCmg
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Came across the Maple Lounge by chance and have been back many times since, always a friendly hello followed by fantastic food that is cooked to order, tastes great and is excellent value for money. It is so good we don't need to look for anywhere else. See you again soon!

2  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We come here pretty much every weekend. Have tried all the other coffee shops inc Nero's, Costa which don't even come close for taste or value for money. The French toast for brunch at the weekend is the best ever!

2  Thank SmithSquared
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Come here every weekend we are around for coffee and usually brunch. Great atmosphere, food ans best coffee in Oxted. Looking forward to sitting outside more in summer!