“A Caring Couple”

The Sun Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Winforton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A Caring Couple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The people who own "The Sun" (Gail and Richard) make every effort to make their diners' experience a pleasurable one.
Their locally produced food is prepared to perfection and quite uniquely by an award -winning young chef and a talented lady-cook(an unbeatable combination).
We dine there often, as the menu, regularly changes. The meals range in price according to the ingredients, as one would expect, and also a "light-lunch" offer is of exceptional value.
The service from "mine hosts"from entry to exit is of unobtrusive, caring, professionalism.There is a warm welcome for everyone and a concern that everything is to the customers 'liking. UNBEATABLE

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gaynor B

Bristol, United Kingdom
“NOT VALUE FOR MONEY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my partner had a meal in this pub fairly recently and the food was good, but far too expensive. We found the landlady very rude and abrupt which was obviously not to our liking! It seemed that there was a lot focus on a fine dining experience, when in reality, the establishment is a rustic village pub.
All in all we came away from our experience with our pockets a little lighter and dissatisfied with the service we recieved!

Huddersfield
“It certainly shines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Took a trip a little too close to the welsh border for the liking of an Englishman...job to do in Hereford, can't say anymore, unlike these chaps that keep publishing books....where was I? Oh yes, came across a pub with a lovely big car park, sort of place the wife can swing the car door wide to get her frame out of the car with no fear of dinging someone else's car. Went in, full!! But the promise was made of a table quick sticks. The hosts came good after I had had a quick glass of an excellent Sauvignon and she had a pint of the excellent local bitter.
So, seated, the friendly hosts (just enough attention) brought the menus. A lovely mix. The usual firm favourites plus a risky few add ins...pigs tails anyone? Trophy wife, who being a northern lass, loves pie. So she had steak pie. The best she had ever had she said..ever! I had steak. Cooked as I asked. Very very good. The hostess, also organised some pigs tail to try for me as I had expressed an interest. Tasty, meaty, I would not hesitate to have again. Local ice cream for pudding with a shot of baileys over it. Life is for living you know! The wallflower had lemon meringue. Sharp, crisp and delightful, if only she would describe this old veteran in that manner. Top marks. Service wonderful from the family owners and the staff. I would not hesitate to travel a distance to get there. Price very good too, meaning you can afford the fuel home too.
My suggestion, try it!!!! Though watch out for the welsh, they be different to us!

UK
“Excellent sunday dinners had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I organised a 90th birthday lunch for my Grandad and the Sun Inn was able to cater for a large family gathering (23 in total). Whilst we could not all sit together, they ensured that the tables were close together and we had half of the pub to ourselves!

when looking for a place to eat, the Sun Inn stood out to me because of the locally produced food and we were not disappointed. The sun blushed tarts to start were really lovely and everyone raved about their sunday dinners. It's hard to find a pub that doesn't serve their beef well done, and the Sun Inn managed to do just that. The beef was tender and pink. Very good portion size. Vegetables were cooked well and we were given more when we asked. Fish was cooked to perfection. They even catered for my grandad who only wanted soup and chips! Very welcoming and good service.

Possibly may have needed an extra person at the bar as it took a while for all 20 of us to get our drinks.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“a place you visit as a customer and leave feeling you have left a friends house!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

It is such a welcoming place, the food is fantastic, and the landlords are the best hosts! We were there earlier in the year and i had an oakchurch strawberry and melted cheese salad for starter.... it was divine!

Visited September 2012