“A must-go when visiting Junquillal”
Review of Amigos Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Amigos Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Who would have thought that this intimate hideaway, not on the beach, but in a courtyard behind the Playa Junquillal Welcome Center would offer some of the freshest food we have tasted during our travels through Costa Rica. The new owner, Garrett is not only a friendly outgoing ex-pat from California, but he is a darn good chef as well. Everything is made from scratch, at the time of ordering, using only local ingredients and freshly caught seafood. He offers a simple well thought out menu, as well as "Happy Hour" specials. The Margaritas are hand squeezed with local limes,lemons and oranges.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Amigos Bar and Grill is somewhat hidden in the Tierra Pacifica commercial center behind the super market. Climb up the left hand stairs and you reach very lovely gardens and a pool area. Garrett and Marcela have a limited menu which is always changing. Be sure to try the Mongolian ribs. Poki tuna is always a hit. Or if you just want a bite, try the chips and guacamole. Nice vibe in beautiful setting.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was traveling by myself and I didn't want to eat at the same place twice. However, I ate here 3 nights in a row I liked it so much. Tuna poke was delicious! 2 for 1 margaritas on Monday nights.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Amigos Bar & Grill is tucked behind a grocery store/Apt. complex. At 1st seems normal/cold atmosphere. Then Operators/Mgr. Garrett & Marcela greet You w/their warm genuine friendly smiling faces. Garrett from the States, Marcela a native of Costa Rica, a perfect match. Menu is perfect, not too much in choices or prices that You can afford to return the same week. Food has a wonderful flavor. Our favorite is Garrett's Hawaiian 'Piko' (raw Tuna dish). "Just out of this world. Every bite is the same as the 1st!" A must try! Amigos is warm welcome to the locals & tourist, everyone treated/greeted with a genuine smile warmness! There are more items on the menu, all are fabulous:).

1  Thank sonny d
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Amigos is the place to go in Junquillal! Great food - the ceviche is some of the best I've ever had. All the food is great but if you give notice they will cook almost anything. We had steak and shrimp one night, it rivaled any steak in the states. Be sure to make a pool party too. Garret keeps a good stash of tequila for his signature margaritas the best in CR!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife had found this place while I was out surfing and talked me into going back for dinner. What a GREAT decision. The personal service with the laid back atmosphere was perfect. We had great weather so the outdoor table by the pool was perfect. I have a limited diet and chef Garrett went out of his way to make us one of the most amazing dinners we have had in a while. My wife loved the Cameron a la Diabla. My favorite was the special seared tuna over toasted rice with soy glaze. This place turned out to be one of our highlights our week. If you are anywhere near Junquillal, this place is a MUST go!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant