Guacamaya lodge was friendly from beginning to end. We went deep sea fishing and had our dorado catch prepared several ways, scrumptious. We played bocchi ball and swam at the beach. We walked for 5 kilometers on the most beautiful beach and saw about 10 people. Horses were available but we didn't go riding, nor did we take advantage of the tennis courts. Every day was memorable, full and sunny. What a dream week with Alice and Bernie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guacamaya is a friendly, feel-at-home haven of peaceful cabinas around a large pool overlooking the magic blue of the Pacific. The Bar and Restaurant also offer a luscious view of the beautiful manicured garden. Your peaceful relaxation will be ever so slightly "disturbed" only by a wonderful variety of tropical birds, our local group of monkeys from the mangroves or the pounding surf of Playa Junquillal.Your Swiss hosts, Bernie and Alice, welcome you in their native Swiss or fluent Spanish, English or German, or acceptable French, Italian or Portuguese. The brother and sister duo have designed an intimate atmosphere at the Guacamaya Lodge that allows their guests to get to know each other and the staff. The international clientele creates a unique opportunity to strike up new friendships in this tropical paradise, with guests from all over the world. Come join us for a taste of international cuisine, the magic of any kind of beach you desire, exploring an exotic wonderland of birds, animals, exotic tropical plants, or adventuring beneath the sea Enjoy international gourmet cuisine with a specialty in Swiss culinary delights, or bring home your own catch of the day and have it prepared a variety of wonderful ways. In the Rancho Bar, you can enjoy your favorite cocktail or cool "cerveza" while you brag about the day's activities.STANDARD CABINASGuacamaya Lodge has six well-kept cabinas with individual bathrooms surrounding a large pool (AC) STUDIO APARTMENTS Guacamaya Lodge offers four studio apartments including a full stove and refrigerator kitchenette with a wonderful ocean view from the kitchen, living room and deck. (AC)VILLA ESTHERTwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC)CASA MARGARITATwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Guacamaya Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guacamaya Hotel Playa Junquillal
- Guacamaya Lodge Costa Rica/Playa Junquillal