We were in Costa Rica March 4-11th, 2010 for a sunset wedding for our niece & her man and we were not dissappointed. We stayed at the Gucamaya Lodge, Bernie & Alice were very accommodating, the food was always good, the drinks cold, the rooms made up with - out any interruption to us. We were worried about no T.V. or radio in the rooms, but it was very relaxing, almost simple feeling not to have anything distracting. If your looking for a place to reconnect or just get away from everything, this is the place to go. The taxi driver Chris picked us up at the airport & got us back for our return flight with no problems at all. Thanks everyone at the Guacamaya Lodge for taking care of us & making our trip memorable !! Wade & Rhonda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guacamaya is a friendly, feel-at-home haven of peaceful cabinas around a large pool overlooking the magic blue of the Pacific. The Bar and Restaurant also offer a luscious view of the beautiful manicured garden. Your peaceful relaxation will be ever so slightly "disturbed" only by a wonderful variety of tropical birds, our local group of monkeys from the mangroves or the pounding surf of Playa Junquillal.Your Swiss hosts, Bernie and Alice, welcome you in their native Swiss or fluent Spanish, English or German, or acceptable French, Italian or Portuguese. The brother and sister duo have designed an intimate atmosphere at the Guacamaya Lodge that allows their guests to get to know each other and the staff. The international clientele creates a unique opportunity to strike up new friendships in this tropical paradise, with guests from all over the world. Come join us for a taste of international cuisine, the magic of any kind of beach you desire, exploring an exotic wonderland of birds, animals, exotic tropical plants, or adventuring beneath the sea Enjoy international gourmet cuisine with a specialty in Swiss culinary delights, or bring home your own catch of the day and have it prepared a variety of wonderful ways. In the Rancho Bar, you can enjoy your favorite cocktail or cool "cerveza" while you brag about the day's activities.STANDARD CABINASGuacamaya Lodge has six well-kept cabinas with individual bathrooms surrounding a large pool (AC) STUDIO APARTMENTS Guacamaya Lodge offers four studio apartments including a full stove and refrigerator kitchenette with a wonderful ocean view from the kitchen, living room and deck. (AC)VILLA ESTHERTwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC)CASA MARGARITATwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Guacamaya Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guacamaya Hotel Playa Junquillal
- Guacamaya Lodge Costa Rica/Playa Junquillal